Explicit is offline New Member

Doctor condidentiality

What can doctors do. I mean they are bound by doctor patient confidentiality in most regards. You can tell a doctor you are on AS and to check for abnormalities in blood and such. They cant report AS in your blood to the authorities can they?

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    It is my understanding that...unless you are a threat to yourself or others...they can't breech the confidentiality. I could be wrong, but I think I'm right! My doc knows EVERYTHING I take.

So does mine... I wouldn't worry about it. Go for it bro... if you need to be tested for shit they're not gonna report you.

HUGE PRESSER

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    They can tell your insurance though. And that goes in a nationwide record. Its called the Medical Information Bureau. It has all the physicians statement, operating reports, admission and discharge statements, etc that have ever been filled out and filed for claim.

Explicit is offline New Member
    Well that would make it rather difficult to change insurance companies later on. Damn it. Cant anything illegal be simple

Power-BB is offline Associate Member
    In the military you can't tell your doctor shit. If you are taking illegal drugs they are required to tell.

Power

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    I think that they are technically supposed to keep it all confidential, but I think that if what The Dent Depot said above, "...unless harming yourself or others..." is true, then they can open their mouth as much as they want in the regard to your "safety" but just make sure your doctor is trustable on a personal level, and I'm sure things would be fine.

methos is offline New Member
    Just ask to speak with him off the record. If he is cool like my doc there should be no problem. If you don;t trust him then don;t take the chance. If it ends up on your medical records, certain things such as life insurance will be very difficult to get.

Thread Information