mammoth is offline Member

To bake or not to bake!

I just finished my first fina conversion thanks to Buddha_Red and everything turned out beautiful. Should I bake it or leave it alone? I have heard many a debate but nothing definitive on either side.

BTW--The pic of the finished product is in the pictures forum!

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I've never baked mine and haven't had any problems. I would skip it.

-moto

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    There is 0 point to it.

IF you like to waste your time and try to ruin more of your gear by oxidizing it, hey go right ahead.

BA is not added because of its soluability or because it feels good, its an antibacterial agent. AKA it keeps it clean.

Filtering it removes any contaminents.

If you want to bake it, theres a good chance you wont do anything if there are endospores. Youd have to heat it high enough to effectively kill all the bacteria in it anyways, that your geat would done be ruined.

Heat cycling it is much more effective than baking without the higher temperatures, but its still not required either.

ABout the worst thing to do is heat your stuff while its in a very high concentration or in pure solvent. Thats almost guaranteed to oxidize alot of it, and I doubt more than 1% of us have access to nitrogen..

mammoth is offline Member
    Cool, I have decided to skip baking it and leave it to the BA to decide my fate.

Billy_Bathgate: isn't BA also used to keep the substance from precipitating as well as acting as a anti-bacterial agent? Either way thanks for the response!

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    yes that is correct, but there are other less painful solvents that would be used instead if they had the same anti-bacterial properties, for this BA is preffered.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd worry if there was any bacteria in the stuff . . . Pasteurization will take care of any unwanted bugs in the stuff. Filters will catch the bigger bacteria, but not the smaller ones like diplococci and won't do anything about any viruses.
    Though I can't say that heating fina or prop will or won't affect potency (I rather suspect it doesn't), I can say that I'd just as soon not inject anything that could give me a nasty infection. Better safe than sorry . . .

To pasteurize your stuff, unless you have an oven with a very accurate temperature regulator, I'd stick with boiling in water. You can boil one of two ways:
    1) in a pressure cooker with a 15 psi weight, boil for 30 minutes. This will get the temperture up to 251 deg F, which will zap anything in your sauce.
    2) in a pan on a stove for 30 minutes once a day for three days. The reason for the three days is that water will boil only at 212 deg F at sea level (minor pluses or minuses for altitude differences). And 212 degrees is good enough to kill most of the bugs, but possibly not all. Some types of bacteria go dormant and form a hard shell around themselves for protection . . . Anthrax, for example, which can go dormant for a few years. Anyway, once you boil the stuff and let it cool down, the dormant spores say, "What the hell was that?" and hatch, start swimming around waiting to be injected. Now that they're out of their protective shell, you can boil 'em again at 212 degrees F and zap 'em. You should repeat this once more, a day later, to ensure that you all of 'em.
    This is what I'd do, 'cause I don't want to have to go to the doctor and explain how I got 10 ounces of pus in my ass . . . but do as you like, maybe you won't have any problems . . .

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, i never bake mine.

OG

Thread Information