Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Why can't I grow? Questions regarding best pairings for a successful cycle.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post

Yep. I do pretty much three per day. One in the middle of the night, one with breakfast and one post-workout. They're not in place of meals but between them for me.
    Same goes for me.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Wasn't until 2003 I tried it. Before then the mere idea of anything uncooked was unappealing so I can appreciate that. SoCal sort of turned me into a sashimi-nut. Great protein sources if you enjoy raw fish.
    I used to be the same way. Growing up in the sticks (Arkansas) sushi/sashimi was unheard of except in the movies and the thought of eating something uncooked grossed me out. It wasn't until I moved to Denver and was pressured into trying it by a hot girl I was trying to impress that I finally tried it. I thought it was amazing - sushi that is. I'm not a huge fan of straight sashimi. Of course I was broke at the time and sushi/sashimi is expensive so my experience was limited until I moved to vegas and started making money. For 5 years while I lived in Vegas I ate it at least once a week. It's really the only thing I miss about vegas. Now I live in Oklahoma and just don't trust eating the Sushi around here. Planning on taking a trip to Dallas soon just to eat me some.

For a first timer I would definitely recommend sushi as opposed to sashimi. It's just a better mix and not near as fishy. It's sorta like eating mushrooms. I could never just dive into a huge mushroom on it's own, but chopped/sliced mushrooms mixed with pasta is great.
    Last edited by slfmade; 03-12-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    You can make rice balls with shredded chicken breast in the centre and eat those while driving.
    Yes you could, personally a shake is still more convenient for myself and maybe for OP as well. These rice balls do sound interesting though, I may jus try them out lol!

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Yep. I do pretty much three per day. One in the middle of the night, one with breakfast and one post-workout. They're not in place of meals but between them for me.
    I do 2-3 per day as well. I don't like packing several meals with me wherever I go not do I like cooking several days in advance. I like my food fresh or next day

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    I have tried bulking diets with mostly food, and my most recent one with with shakes. When I say shakes however, I mean protein powder in water along with a complex carb supplement such as carbo gain. I really didn't see much of a difference between real food and supplemental nutrition.
    TroubleGrowing likes this.

jm1429 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    Nothing wrong with a shake in the morning if you're short on time I just dump everything ( oatmeal, egg whites, etc) in the blender and go.
    Dumb question....Are the egg whites cooked already or are you using just liquid egg whites uncooked?

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jm1429 View Post

Dumb question....Are the egg whites cooked already or are you using just liquid egg whites uncooked?
    Uncooked pasteurized out of a carton
    I've gotten tired of cooked egg whites so I normally just drink them now.
    Last edited by diesel101; 03-12-2014 at 12:33 PM.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

jm1429 is offline Junior Member
    Ok. I have been buying the liquid stuff from Costco so I will check it out. Thanks

jdpeters is offline Associate Member
    Great thread... Where is the Like button?

Some of these guys have posted tons of food in a day. I really tried to eat a lot during my first cycle. I ate a lot more than usual, but still probably not quite as as I should have. Still gained a solid 15 lbs though. I do more shakes to. I am a pilot and am on the road 4 days a week. It's hard to pack enough pre-made food for that long... So I bring lots of protein powder.

Good luck, I know your going to see some results. I noticed a big strength gain when my calories went up.

JP

irlkev is offline Junior Member
    I'm on the road a lot and I bring 2 shakes with me each time.. 125g oats , 60g whey, 500ml water.

NaturalUN is offline Junior Member
    Nothing to say, everything has been said.. Some sound advice there, up to you to take it though.. I think my 100lb wife eats more than you were on :/ up the game bro!

NaturalUN is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpeters View Post
    Great thread... Where is the Like button?

Some of these guys have posted tons of food in a day. I really tried to eat a lot during my first cycle. I ate a lot more than usual, but still probably not quite as as I should have. Still gained a solid 15 lbs though. I do more shakes to. I am a pilot and am on the road 4 days a week. It's hard to pack enough pre-made food for that long... So I bring lots of protein powder.

Good luck, I know your going to see some results. I noticed a big strength gain when my calories went up.

JP
    You think that's hard? Try being in the military & going away for 7 months, 3 meals a day and a NAAFI (shop) that only sells crap like chocolate bars & crisps... The struggles I have to go through, only plus side is I'm friends with the chefs (I'm not just a pretty face..) so they hook me up

jdpeters is offline Associate Member
    I'm sure there are a number of things in the military that are not pleasant. I hear ya, 7 months being away would be tough. Gotta hand it to you guys! Thanks for all you do!

JP

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    Why the hate on sugar and shakes?

Sugar should be cut out of a bodybuilding diet.

There is no hate on shakes, though. Please note I said only not to consider the shakes until after the meals are in. The diet originally posted is using shakes as meal replacement for most of his protein. He needs to eat his meat and eggs.

I have been there and done that on the long hours and long commute. I packed baked chicken breast, rice, and spinach salad (two meals) in Tupperware and tossed them in the refrigerator at work. I warmed them up and ate at my desk.

8 eggs and the oatmeal was downed before hitting the road.

Another chicken breast and rice and spinach upon arriving home.

Cottage cheese in bed.

Whey protein shake during workout.

I still think he can go a long ways by modifying his diet, and I hope he comes back and provides an update.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnsedentary View Post
    Sugar should be cut out of a bodybuilding diet.
    It can be but there is absolutely no reason it has to be.

There is no hate on shakes, though. Please note I said only not to consider the shakes until after the meals are in. The diet originally posted is using shakes as meal replacement for most of his protein. He needs to eat his meat and eggs.
    Shakes can be replacement meals given enough calories and macros. On busy days I tend to get 125-150g (sometimes more) of protein from shakes. I'm not saying he doesn't need to eat other sources of protein, diversifying your sources is always preferable, but that doesn't mean shakes can't be an integral part of an otherwise balanced diet.

I have been there and done that on the long hours and long commute. I packed baked chicken breast, rice, and spinach salad (two meals) in Tupperware and tossed them in the refrigerator at work. I warmed them up and ate at my desk.
    That is your personal preference. I dislike bringing Tupperware with me everywhere. I'll bring enough with me to eat lunch at work or something along those lines. I'm not packing a day's worth of food into my car when I leave in the morning. Personal preference is the key part here though and will make adhering to any diet much easier.

8 eggs and the oatmeal was downed before hitting the road.

Another chicken breast and rice and spinach upon arriving home.

Cottage cheese in bed.

Whey protein shake during workout.

I still think he can go a long ways by modifying his diet, and I hope he comes back and provides an update.
    We both agree we hope he's making progress and comes back with updates

Matt007 is offline Associate Member
    Lean ground beef is great for extra cal, has your protein pkus fats all in one, great source for bulking and cutting, just all comes down to your set macros bro, but add in some beef if your like me I like my red meat better then chicken but I still have both, shit make some pasta ( spagetti), hamburger ect ect, get creative bro, u will find ground beef fills up a lot more as well
    Goodluck man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information