Thread: Pain

Slimx is offline New Member

Pain

My buddy did his first shot of eq today. He did everything right, but now hes in pain. Right around the injection site he got a brownish circle about 1/2 inch big. Anyone ever heard of this. Thanks

Power-BB is offline Associate Member
    Hmmm, I would like to get a second opinion but sounds like an abscess. Does it hurt to touch and poke at? If it is go see a doc.

Power

First shot? Probaly a bruise bro. No big deal. It happens all the time especially with newbies. Sometimes it can be very hard to hold the syringe steady, aspirate , and then inject all at the same time. All that extra movement will create scar tissue. Thats what may be causing the pain. The discoloration and pain should subside in several days. Always remember to practice sterile injecting procedures.

JayUzer is offline Junior Member
    keep a close eye on it and dragonslayer is right, practice makes perfect. i always to have a follow juicer hit me if they are around. but that is just me.............

Originally posted by Power-BB
    Hmmm, I would like to get a second opinion but sounds like an abscess. Does it hurt to touch and poke at? If it is go see a doc.

Power
    Thanks for the help guys. Whats a abscess?

Originally posted by Slimx

Thanks for the help guys. Whats a abscess?
    Its a collection of pus under the skin surrounded red, swollen tissue. Its usually formed as a result of an infection. Healing usually occurs after its drained or opened.

I don't think that its red or swollen. I just wanted to make sure that it couldn't be the eq itself, because i'm starting the exact same quest eq tommorow.

Thread Information