ghstwrtr is offline Junior Member

My ronnie coleman post from another board....

Ronnie was a guest at the new gym that just opened on my marine base....along w/ Bill Pearl. I went back to the gym after the meet and greet and was surprised at one of the questions I asked him. He is big as a mo-fo though. Even took a picture with him.

I didn't even know he was going to be there. A friend emailed me and said he was so I called around and they said yes he was coming. They were going to get Chris Cormier (spelling) but he was going to charge to sign 8X10 pictures....ronnies' was included in the price. I heard it was 10grand for him to be there from 11 - 4.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posts: 16 | From: Fredericksburg, Va, USA | Registered: 05-01-03

SCRAPPER

Moderator posted 06-05-03 06:53 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    last year my company was going to get him..... for us... 5000 plus travel and expenses for about 5 hours as well....

lou ferrigno is the same...

most pro BB are 2000, top fitness girls about the same.... ie. timea, monica brant.

STK BLOODLINE
    www.killdevill.com

NITRO
    Newbie posted 06-05-03 07:08 PM
    Now my list of questions I remembered to ask him....

I went back to the gym and he was just finishing a workout....I don't know what part he hit....but when he started to put his belt in his bag I walked over and asked if he was done working out....he said yeah, so I said I hope you don't mind asking a few questions...he said no.

All I wanted to ask was what's your cycle but I knew I couldn't do that.

Anyway....

First Question - Do you guys really eat 10,000 calories a day?

He almost laughed and I couldn't hear his answer...I said How many calories was that....he said......"I'm happy just to get 2,000"....I said 2,000 and he was like yeap. Oh yeah, when getting an autograph, I said how much you weigh now....he said around 300....I said are you getting ready for a show, he said na, it's not until october.

Second question - You guys walk for cardio...is that so you don't burn off muscle?

He said, I walk because jogging and being 300lbs hurts my knees.

Third Question - How much do you bench?

I can do around 600.

Fourth question - My elbows and stuff already bother me and I don't lift anywhere the amount of weight you guys do....how do you guys prevent that?

He said....I don't know...must be genetics...I've never had any problems like that.

Fifth Question - How old are you?

Sixth question - I know you used to be a cop did you retire from that?

Na, I still do that.

And I could see he wanted to hit the showers or whatever so I just left him alone and he walked away.

But the calorie question blew my mind...instead of food to build muscle it must be the juice you take in.

Peace
    Posts: 16 | From: Fredericksburg, Va, USA | Registered: 05-01-03

bigkraut

Dark Lord of The Sith posted 06-05-03 07:15 PM
    That's cool bro, real cool.

I know a lot of guys don't like him, but I consider myself a Coleman fan. I hear he was looking pretty good at a recent guest posing.

www.killdevill.com

"...the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the force".

NITRO
    Newbie posted 06-05-03 07:23 PM
    Yeah, he looked good....

I had never seen a "real" bodybuilder and he was bigger than the biggest guy I've ever seen. He didn't pose but did change shirts in front of us....he put on a HammerStrength t-shirt they were giving away. He did flex his bi's for my friend when he got his picture taken with him. Got to be sythenol. Unbelievable. I mean, I want to be a big freak....I'm 260 now (with lovehandles)....but there is no way I'd want to be like that.

His gut did stick out a little...but his chest made it all look flat. So if he's only getting 2000 calories a day....it can't be food puffing it out...must be GH gut.

Also, if he's getting 2000 calories a day....he can't be stuffing himself w/ 600 grams of protein a day. I mean, I know he's not eating 2000 cal's of bread but it can't be all protein. But....everyone says get 1-2 grams of protein a day for each pound you weigh. That can't be right...or at least work for everyone cause he can't be doing that on 2000 cal..

superjew is offline Associate Member
    2000 calories a day??!! This is why I have so little respect for almost all of the pros. They seem to be pathalogical liars! I can understand them not answering AAS questions. Though I'd be MUCH happier to hear Ronnie or anyone else say " no comment " than " it's all genetics " But they lie about SO much! What they eat, how much they eat, using gear, the ammount of gear they use. ( If you can find a guy with enough balls to admit he's using.) It's all a pack of lies to keep Weider happy, keep their sponsors happy, etc..

Derek19yrs is offline Junior Member
    Hey,
    I think they won't tell what their cycle is because they don't want the competition to know what they are on or what they eat their job relies on their body so their steroid cycle is like a tune up on a race car you don't give away your secret or someone else might win the race you see what I am saying.

Derek

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    2000 you can't maintain 300lbs on 2000 calories damn you'd have a hard time maintaining 200lbs. But I guess he think every ones to stupid to figure it out, that's all we need is another lying cop.

JohnnyB

Thread Information