gully is offline New Member

Question what to take for mostly speed

i wanna take something that will let me maximise my speed.. i will be training in wrestling and some martial arts UFC type shit as well as lifting while im on it and im 17 5'7 140lbs TIA for any help

EDIT: strength and size are also important but not as important

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    17...You should take creatine and protein shakes.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    steroids aren't necessarily going to make you faster, the way to get faster is flexibility and plyometrics. at 17 you'll do more harm than good anyway, take your $ and find a place that specializes in speed training. there's tons of places, they might be hell, but they're worth it when your done

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    what to take for mostly speed
    nothing

train for speed

mammoth is offline Member
    Believe it or not powerlifting can help improve speed. Some of the techniques used by powerlifters involve using speed movements. I had a powerlifter give me some tips on improving my bench which involved speed presses, and they made an improvement. Not sure if they will improve speed for you though, but its worth a try.

majormobley is offline Junior Member
    shit only 17, how about trying to let your natural test do the work. Your only a kid and you have enough test in your body so you get amazing amounts of gains, just keep up your protien and creatine and you will be fine.

NoLimits is offline Member
    Another kid looking for the easy and quick answer...
    But hawktribal had the right suggestion, Plyometrics is still the best program for increasing speed and explosive movements. Find yourself a good program, even the BFS (Bigger, Faster, Stronger) one is a good choice!

redrumkev is offline Associate Member
    get those speed shoes - the ones that have you walk on the balls of your feet. Go to eastbay.com I know they sell them their for about 125, also - try jumping rope and sprints. But the best way to get faster is to run, run, run, then run some more.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Honestly...I think you need to grow up, mature a little more, learn what it means to work for something and then, and ONLY then, will you be ready to decide whether or not to use AAS.

Your post reads like a poster for why young people shouldn't use serious drugs. First of all at 17, and you could possibly do irreversable damage, physically and internally. You have plenty of natural test flowing through your body. If you spent just a little time trying to educate yourself on diet and training you could make huge progress. But it's pretty obvious you are looking for a quick fix.

But the compelling factor in my assesment is your non-chalant and lazy attitude. You say you will be lifting when you start...are you not lifting now? You also refer to martial arts as "UFC type shit". This is very disrespectful to people who train their whole lives developing body AND mind through the discipline of martial arts. It chaps my nads when punks think they can take a few grappling classes, lift weights, stick some needles in their ass and turn into a badass!! If I have you pegged wrong I apologize...but I'm pretty good at reading between the lines.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    lol, speed ? take like ephedrine, take 25 mg of ephedrine and 400 mg of caffeine 1 hr before serious activity. and drink 1 L of water with it.

oh btw, if your heart races stop taking it.

chinups Guest
    SPRINTS!!!! Train with sprints

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    You must train for speed but, sport specific speed. Training sprints won't help your shooting speed etc...

Plyometrics would be a good place to start.

xxxl83

Thread Information