Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gymjunkie30
  • 1 Post By cfw

Thread: got an abscess from my week 5 steroid injection

cfw
    cfw is offline New Member

got an abscess from my week 5 steroid injection

I got a swollen red lump from my last steroid injection saterday now the area ware I injected is very hard and swollen it does not hurt just very hard and ichy I have a little loss of appetite but no fever and don't feel sick. I injected in my hip right above my right but cheek. I went to my doctor today and got antibiotics but how long before I can expect the hardness to go away and the redness hope I wont have to have surgery or something major. if anybody has experience with this let me know thanks

gymjunkie30 is offline Junior Member
    Your gunna be fine, u read to much on abscess and freaked yourself out prolly, most people claiming they have an abscess are usually incorrect. It can be an infection from not sanitizing the lid of your vial, it could be an absorption issue, your needle may have been too short and the gear didnt get intramuscular.

You can put a small amount of pressure and rub it or put a damp warm cloth on it. Either way in a few days it will go away, search the forums you will find many common threads.
    Java Man likes this.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    I have had hardness at injection sites that lasted a week or even slightly more in the past. There are a lot of reasons this might happen. Abscess is really pretty rare if you're observing proper procedures. Massage the area regularly. If it doesn't feel like it's on fire and not getting larger on a daily basis it's probably not an abscess and should resolve on its own.

cfw
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    I have had hardness at injection sites that lasted a week or even slightly more in the past. There are a lot of reasons this might happen. Abscess is really pretty rare if you're observing proper procedures. Massage the area regularly. If it doesn't feel like it's on fire and not getting larger on a daily basis it's probably not an abscess and should resolve on its own.
    ok mine is a little warm when i touch it but its not painful at all its just red and very hard and tight and the skin is red. I took some of the antibiotics my doctor gave me

cfw
    good news my redness and swelling has went away I think its was just an adsorbing problem and now everything is normel.
    RangerDanger830 likes this.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    what did you tell your dr?

cfw
    I told him I injected test and he prescribed me some antibiotics and the last 48 hours it is really improved I don't think it was abscess

FatherSaunders is offline New Member
    I get this too and I agree with gymjunkie you over thought it. I was a little worried when I did my first test E injection as there was a swollen area and firm to the touch. Im not gonna lie I had PIP for f'n 8 days and it sucked it was debilitating. This all went away and massaging it does help but be prepared for pain when first massaging it. The more you do it the more it will subside. People say advil, hot bath, heat pad but none of that shit really takes care of it. Only time does. It was not anything to do with injection either as my wife is an RN and does my injections for me. Ive done glutes and delts so far and delts pain subsided way faster then glutes for some reason. I will be trying chest tomorrow. This may help you: take your dose and put half in one side, change the needle, then put the other half in the other side be it glutes, delts, thighs, etc. This will put less of the total oil in one spot therefore you will have less hormone crystallizing in one area which Im assuming is exactly what happened to you. I started with test E 500mg/ml and that shit works but it tore me up with PIP like no other. To me that is my body saying "hey dude WTF I cant handle all that shit" So what I did next is half ml in one area half ml in the other. I also switched to test E 250mg/ml. This has shorter duration for PIP and firmness in the area but PIP is still there so tomorrow I will do half ml (125mg/ml) in left pec and the other half ml in the other and see how my body responds. Hope this helps.

Flynman is offline Associate Member
    You did the right thing by going to doc. and getting on antibiotics. It may or may not have been infected. I got a form of celulitis once and waited to go to doc because I didn't want to tell them about steroids . Luckily antibiotics stopped it before it got full blown. It's a double edged sword telling your doc. sometimes

Thread Information