Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By scotty51312
  • 1 Post By AD

Thread: How easy is it to keep naturally attainable gains after using a cycle.

2jzgte is offline New Member

How easy is it to keep naturally attainable gains after using a cycle.

Say someone who hasn't reached their natural genetic limit goes on gear and gains around 14 lbs. Are they more likely to keep their gains after a proper pct than somone who used gear to go passed their genetic limit Meaning they plateaued naturally and later used gear to get even heavier.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Not sure of the wording of your question, but here's a good thread that may help you....

AAS- Tips on keeping gains for the moderate user
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    I think I understand what he's getting at.

Say the average Joe who hits the gym 3x a week eats an average diet with and average body say 5"10" 175lbs at 15%bf gains 15lbs on a 10week cycle. What are the chances he will keeps those gains? If that person falls back into the old routine of eating average and training average then they will absolutely not keep the gains.

The whole point of trying to reach your genetic potential is learning how your body works and how gains are made and kept.

Without knowing these things you'll just end up back where you started
    almostgone likes this.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    I think he is asking (on gear) if gains under genetic limit are more or less easily kept than gains over the genetic limit.

I do not know the answer just clarifying for a knowledgeable person to chime in.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    gains before genetic limit can be maintained if you eat and train appropriately.

gains beyond genetic limit, can only be maintained with gear, provided you eat and train appropriately.
    Red Bastard likes this.

2jzgte is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    gains before genetic limit can be maintained if you eat and train appropriately.

gains beyond genetic limit, can only be maintained with gear, provided you eat and train appropriately.

Thanks JD and Chicago, that's exactly what I was asking, couldn't figure out how to word it right but you hit it on the spot.
    Last edited by 2jzgte; 04-16-2014 at 09:07 PM.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    most of the time people cycling who have not built a strong base, do not know how to eat or train correctly.

IMHO, about 95% of people I see cycle lose everything they gained, wether it be after a month or 6 months. People may think they maintained it because they weight the same but most of the time they just start getting fat and continue to try and balance that figure on the scale, or they jump back on cycle to soon to notice..

What im trying to say from what I've seen for the greater percentage of people they just go up and down cycle to cycle while never making any significant long term progress. We all think we know how to eat and train but it is a never ending learning curve that even mR O's are always working on.

Personally if I knew when I started what I knew now I would have realised steroids is a long term commitment for anyone trying to make a real difference in their physique. You quickly get to the point you are spinning your wheels and staying on is invertible for anyone looking for real long term results.

Most people in your local gym cycle or have cycled but how many actually look good, cycling to your "natural limit" is not as easy as done because chances are given most people experience with lifting and diet they will never stay there
    Last edited by auswest; 04-17-2014 at 01:53 AM.

XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member
    My case is the following. I’m an Ectomorph, tending a little to endomorph, but we can put my type into ectomorph. We all know, ectomorphs are the worst cases to maintain gains after cycle. I’m 6ft at 68kg stock weight <12% Bf. My best gains natty were around 72-74kg at the same bf or 70kg at less than 10%BF.
    After 3 cycles, I’m at 88kg at 14-15% BF natty 1 year after last pin. I don’t diet strictly, I’m on a high caloric diet and no supplements are used.
    So my conclusion: the key to maintain gains, is first to do cycles with dry compounds only, so what you gain is lean.
    The waterweight you gain, is waterweight you loose after.
    You have to stay on a high caloric diet, you’ll get a little bit fat, but you won’t loose muscle that fast.
    Another point, push the same weight and same workout. You might be able to hold strenght, because when you go off, your higher caloric diet, will give you that extra power, and if that’s not enough, you may take some creatine.
    IMO, Supplements like Protein powder and Protein rich meals are not necessary, If you are on a high caloric diet and you don’t mind to retain some fat. So, that works for me, after a year being natty, I’m even stronger.
    That if you plan to do a cycle a year, your body won’t have the time to retain too much fat. If you don’t plan to cycle again, you should change strategy.
    Last edited by XxAndreaxX; 04-17-2014 at 02:26 AM.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Over my lifetime I've been able to put on about 50 lbs of muscle 175 to 225. I easily maintain around 200. I did not use AAS to gain the first 25-30 lbs that is the base I built and still have.

the thing is, if strenght and performance is maintained, or at least very similar to when you are on, you shouldn't loose very much lean muscle. you might loose all the bloat, but that's normal.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    did someone really just say high protein meals aren't needed to maintain muscle gains? What would you suggest McDonalds? Thats high calorie

itsjayman02 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    did someone really just say high protein meals aren't needed to maintain muscle gains? What would you suggest McDonalds? Thats high calorie
    You read that ridiculous quote correctly!!

DJMikeT is offline Junior Member
    I've come to the conclusion from reading some of his other comments that he's somewhat clueless.....

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    I am going out on a limb here.....

With my diet clean I cannot HELP but for it to be high protein. Eggs, Chicken Breast, Pork, Beef.....

It is when you start throwing in the pizza, burritos, french fries, hamburgers, fast food in general you see the protein go down and the carbs and fats go WAY up. I have not hit my carbs or fat on my 40 protien 30-30 fat carb macro once in a month..not once. I did not eat out once..not once. Over the month before I did not hit my protein 15 days...I ate out 15 days.... Pretty much sums it up.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier
    I am going out on a limb here..... With my diet clean I cannot HELP but for it to be high protein. Eggs, Chicken Breast, Pork, Beef..... It is when you start throwing in the pizza, burritos, french fries, hamburgers, fast food in general you see the protein go down and the carbs and fats go WAY up. I have not hit my carbs or fat on my 40 protien 30-30 fat carb macro once in a month..not once. I did not eat out once..not once. Over the month before I did not hit my protein 15 days...I ate out 15 days.... Pretty much sums it up.
    Where are the sweet potatoes? Fresh veggies? Low GI fruit? Ezekiel bread? A lot of healthy choices you have missed.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    depends on your metabolism. If your metabolism is like mine, ectomorph for example, you can eat mcdonalds without problems, it does the trick. If not, I don't really know, maybe you should stay on a cutting diet.

Thread Information