Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fit2bOld

Thread: Will test help?

Txsoldier281 is offline New Member
    Ok.... I'm overweight. I blew up after the military. I'm 5'10" and about 235lbs. I want to lose a lot of fat. I was planning on taking Test E and Clen to help speed up the process. I've read that Test E promotes fat loss and I know that higher levels of test speed up your metabolism. I realize that I will not see the muscle gains that most would because I have to have a calorie deficient diet. I guess my question is what kind of fat loss can I expect? I plan on 500mg/week of Test E and Clen. Looking forward to what y'all think. Even those of you that are going to tell me to get my body fat down first.
    Last edited by Txsoldier281; 04-16-2014 at 01:24 AM.

Sorry... I'll plan on doing it for 12 weeks.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    What are your stats and what is your current training experience? And what does your diet look like? Test and clen probably aren't the best things you could be doing (in fact, I really think you shouldn't touch either). If your caloric intake is less than your output, you'll lose weight. So now, let's quantify that by mapping out your current diet and exercise routine and see what we can do to get you to drop weight.

I just got back in the gym within the last month. I lift 4 days a week and do cardio 5 days a week. I'm at least 25% body fat. I have a lot of experience lifting but it's been a few years since I was serious..... Probably 2007. I've also been eating pretty clean for the most part. I am losing fat/weight. I was just looking to speed up the process. Are you telling me to stay away because I won't get results or because I could experience some negative side effects? I should also mention that I went to a Low T Center about a year ago and they said mine was low. They asked if I planned on having children and I said yes... They would not help me because of that. I'm 33 years old.
    Last edited by Txsoldier281; 04-16-2014 at 01:45 AM.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Step 1 do BMR
    Step 2 do TDEE
    Step 3 Read the stickies on Clen (specifically the part on dosage and using Taurine, Ketotifen, and potassium)
    Step 4 Read the stickie on T3 (Specifically the part on keeping mass via a specific dose of Test)

There are many posts and stickies on result of the program....one guy dropping from 240 to 215 in 6 weeks just on Clen every other week and T3 (with proper diet and exercise).

Good Luck!

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Txsoldier281 View Post
    I just got back in the gym within the last month. I lift 4 days a week and do cardio 5 days a week. I'm at least 25% body fat. I have a lot of experience lifting but it's been a few years since I was serious..... Probably 2007. I've also been eating pretty clean for the most part. I am losing fat/weight. I was just looking to speed up the process. Are you telling me to stay away because I won't get results or because I could experience some negative side effects? I should also mention that I went to a Low T Center about a year ago and they said mine was low. They asked if I planned on having children and I said yes... They would not help me because of that. I'm 33 years old.
    If you have low T, a doctor should be the one treating your condition. Doing it yourself is a bad idea.

Besides if you got your diet and weight under control, your test level should go up a bit.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Testosterone supplementation will increase BMR but will also increase blood pressure and impair healthy lipid metabolism resulting in hyperlipidemia and hypercholesterolemia. At 25% bf you increase your risks for adverse cardiac conditions and elevated serum estrogen that will compound heart risks, increase risks for type-II diabetes (T2DM), impact immune function and increase risks for prostate disorders.

There are no quick fixes. Fat accumulates over time due to sedentary and poor lifestyle choices. Hence it also takes time to drop accumulated and unwanted fat.

Your best choice right now is to work on a nutrition and training plan that will facilitate weight loss. Recheck your blood work with a full hormone panel after you've lowered your body fat to below 20% and if your T levels are still low, seek advice on TRT.

Cycling anabolics at your present weight and limited training experience will not favor your health.

I appreciate all of the info but do you mind if I ask what y'all's credentials are. Are y'all in the medical field or just speaking from experience. I've had a lot of people that are very experienced tell me that I'll be fine and will get results faster with test e. Don't mean to sound ungrateful for the info. I am taking everyone's opinion into consideration.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I appreciate all of the info but do you mind if I ask what y'all's credentials are. Are y'all in the medical field or just speaking from experience. I've had a lot of people that are very experienced tell me that I'll be fine and will get results faster with test e. Don't mean to sound ungrateful for the info. I am taking everyone's opinion into consideration.
    MI is a doctor and knows his stuff very very well. IDK what Honky's job is but he also knows what he is talking about. I am also in the medical field and I would ALWAYS listen to either one of them. Have you talked to a doctor about your weight loss? Have you had your blood work work done?

I dont think that running test e at that level would help at all and might hurt what you want to achieve. At a higher body fat the testosterone is converted to estradiol by the enzyme aromatase. So even at TRT levels I would run an AI. Estradiol will put most fat on you and this is what you dont want. You might want to look into DHEA and Pregnenolone and see if this might be good for you to take.

You should keep doing what you are doing and remember it takes time. Dropping weight requires training and proper diet. No magic pill / shot that I know of except DNP but that is another story and something you want to stay clear of. T3 / clen (some take albuterol instead of clen) cycle in there will help and ECA while your off clen / t3 will help as well. As to what to expect on T3 / clen depends on each individual. I would look at some of the blogs members have posted here about their success.

probuild42 is offline Member
    Ok.... I'm overweight. I blew up after the military. I'm 5'10" and about 235lbs. I want to lose a lot of fat. I was planning on taking Test E and Clen to help speed up the process. I've read that Test E promotes fat loss and I know that higher levels of test speed up your metabolism. I realize that I will not see the muscle gains that most would because I have to have a calorie deficient diet. I guess my question is what kind of fat loss can I expect? I plan on 500mg/week of Test E and Clen. Looking forward to what y'all think. Even those of you that are going to tell me to get my body fat down first.
    No test yet. Your asking for trouble and its a waste of test at this point (save it for when your ready to grow). I can speak from expercience. I'm 5'11 and weighed 210+ 3 years ago when I went back to the gym. I work a desk job and had lost all my stregth (I started bench at 95lbs) I dropped to 176 at my thinest in 7 months after I started. I only ate lean protein, fruits and vegies and very little carbs. I did very little cardio and lots of weight training (a three day split 2x a week, rest on sunday only).

I started test after 2 years of hard training.

Ok... One last question and I'll drop it. What about doing a low dose like 250mg/week. I'm pretty sure that's about what low t clinics would give me. How could a small dose hurt me? I'm just looking for a little boost. I have a couple of friends with a lot of experience and they insist that test will help me. I'm not doubting y'all, just want to here everyone's opinion.

I've decided to put it on hold. 2 questions

1) What body fat% should I be at before I start?

2) What's the shelf life of the Test that I have... Since I jumped the gun and purchased it already?

Blog Entries
    I would check into getting your blood work done first if possible. IMO I don't think that 100 mg every 5 to 6 days would hurt you depending on your test levels already. I would get hcg to run while you take it your test, 250u twice a week. You will run the risk of becoming dependent on test. At your BF I would run an AI though. Check out the stickies on them. AR-R is the easiest way to get them and their products work well.

But to answer your questions
    1. 20% or lower. Around 10 - 12% if not lower to run a "cycle"
    2. If you have not uncapped your test, it will last a long time depending on where you got it. Keep in a cool dark place.
    Last edited by David LoPan; 04-16-2014 at 09:14 PM. Reason: dose

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Test will keep for years at room temp in a dark space
    Test will not burn fat.
    The post above stating 200 mg won't hurt is bad info for you at this time MI gave you the best info.
    Keep training. Eat clean.
    Last edited by fit2bOld; 04-16-2014 at 09:05 PM.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld View Post
    Test will keep for year at room temp in a dark space
    Test will not burn fat.
    The post above stating 200 mg won't hurt is bad info for you at this time MI gave you the best info.
    Keep training. Eat clean.
    I thought I stated "depending on your test levels already" and you will run the risk of becoming dependent on test I may need to do an edit. 100 mg every 5 to 6 days . . . TRT dose. I agree with MI. Go see a doctor and get blood work done when BF is below 20%
    Last edited by David LoPan; 04-16-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Thanks for all the info. I'm super motivated and gonna get my shit together. I'm going in the morning for blood work and I'll go again after I lose weight... before I do anything. Thanks again, y'all have been very helpful.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Great decision TxSoldier. It's the educated path. You'll be happy when the time is right and your results are those that you will keep and be proud of the hard work.

Thread Information