• 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By songdog
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active

Thread: 9th week on my cut ( pic)

Matt007 is offline Associate Member

9th week on my cut ( pic)

9th week on my cut
    Thought and critique thanks
    Got another 10lbs of stubborn lower back fat to loose, seems to be the last to go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9th week on my cut ( pic)-20140415_182653-1.jpg  
    Last edited by Matt007; 04-17-2014 at 06:26 AM.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Wish my biceps looked that good.

Great work..you looking really lean. Any idea on BF %?
    Matt007 likes this.

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Good work brother.. That last bit of fat is always super stubborn. How are you tweaking your nutrition now to get the lady but down? Have you tried carb cycling yet?
    Matt007 likes this.

Probs around 15 to 16% right now, gonna get down to 10 to 8%
    Lower back fat is the last to go, firstto put on, last to go, lol
    Gonna grab an accumeasure caliper today as I have been using the tape measure to measure my waistline, using linear body fat calc, pretty close, we will see when I caliper my bf today

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Good work brother.. That last bit of fat is always super stubborn. How are you tweaking your nutrition now to get the lady but down? Have you tried carb cycling yet?
    Use iifym to figure out my tdee once a week, now I am down to 2030 cals a day, 600 cal deficit as we speak
    275p, 100c, 50f, 5 meals a day, carbs are set for breakfest, pre and post workout
    Might switch to fibrous carbs the lower I go down in bf to shed that last little bit, add some clen in the mix the next few weeks as well

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Not carb cyclig but make a refeed day once a week, usually sunday after messurements
    My refeeds consist of 225p, 400c, 50f, seems to do the trick energy wise for the week, usually by the 5th or 6th day I start to feelmy energy starts to drop abit, but all good, limited cardio to no cardio right now just relying on my diet and hit proggy by dorian yates blood and guts, high intensity and lift max to failure on working sets to keep my strength up while on a cut

Quote Originally Posted by Matt007
    Not carb cyclig but make a refeed day once a week, usually sunday after messurements My refeeds consist of 225p, 400c, 50f, seems to do the trick energy wise for the week, usually by the 5th or 6th day I start to feelmy energy starts to drop abit, but all good, limited cardio to no cardio right now just relying on my diet and hit proggy by dorian yates blood and guts, high intensity and lift max to failure on working sets to keep my strength up while on a cut
    how low are you running your your daily macros?

Current tdee is 2675
    Bmr is 1830

My macros this week
    275p
    100c
    50f
    Total 2030

Probs on a 25% deficit right now, loosig roughly 1% bf per week, 2-3lbs
    1/2" loss on waist line per week rougly

Cruising while on my cut 200mg/week, no clen yet
    Last edited by Matt007; 04-17-2014 at 08:00 AM.

That looks good as long as your still loosing every week no reason to change.. Good job brother!

Thanks jim, whats your bf in your avi? Looking good as well man, where is the last place u loose fat? Damn stubborn ass fat haha

Thanks jim, whats your bf in your avi? Looking good as well man, where is the last place u loose fat? Damn stubborn ass fat haha
    comes off around the waist last brother.... I was about 8-9 % in that pic. The idea here is to just continue adjusting your nutrition to keep your body guessing

Yeah forsure, itll def be guessing this weekend as my refeed day falls on easter sunday lol, itll be like wtf haha, oh well gotta enjoy the holidays

Also meant only have my carbs set for pre and post wo, not for breakfest

Also meant only have my carbs set for pre and post wo, not for breakfest
    why no carbs with breakfast?

NoBulkNoCutJustGrow is offline Junior Member
    Just throwing my two cents in guys;

I like to stay lean all year round even if I'm on gear or not. For me it makes no sense to bulk then cut then bulk then cut. If you can achieve the same LBM with one cycle instead of two why not reduce the chances of something going wrong or reduce the overall number of cycles in your lifetime if and when you can.

In any case this is what I usually do and it's worked great for me.

Morning are usually my fruits to get me started first thing in the morning; along with protein of course; this meal usually contains at least 70 grams of carbs and 60 grams of protein. This is when you should store up that glycogen to be used through your day. This is one of the most important meals of the day. Your body has just fasted when sleeping and it needs to recharge to get your muscles going. If you don't do this you can risk loosing muscle instead of fat. A lot of people have this misconception that just not eating carbs will burn fat, this is true to some degree but not entirely. You need to have fuel in your body for your muscles to grow and to use for other bodily functions that do not use the energy stored in your fat.

I also eat every 2 to 2.5 hours, no more than 3 hours ever . The key here is to keep your metabolism active and going all day long. Once it slows down it starts to store energy in fat because it thinks your going to fast so it stores it to be used later. If you keep your body fueled at all times it has no need to store anything anywhere. Think of it as a high speed jet being fueled mid flight; if it keeps getting small fueling here and there it doesn't need to land and slow down and have this giant fuel tank filled to the top making it heavier and slower to take off.

As the day goes I keep eating a diminishing ratio of carbs to protein and always some (healthy)fats to helps with muscle growth and keep up with my caloric goal for the day. My pre workout is just another meal, nothing special, just another portion of carbs, protein and fats. Post workout I do consume a readily available source of carbs, preferably something like vitargo which refuels fast and helps start recovery along with my some iso protein. Usually around 70-100 grams of carbs and 60 grams of protein.

My last meal of the day has no carbs because you don't need any more fuel for the day. Usually chicken or fish with a salad or something like that. Then before bed my casein shake.

The idea is to consume carbs when you need them. I consume carbs throughout the entire day because my job is an active one and I usually go pretty hard at the gym which is by 5 pm; adjust your carbs according to your activity level and always eat protein every 2-3 hours max and do cardio at least 10 mins every day AFTER working out. If you do cardio AFTER your workout , all the energy you're using for this will be from fat because by now your glycogen levels are all depleted from your workout and your body must start to use the fat it has stored to keep you going through those last 10 mins of cardio. Just following this simple rule and you will get rid of any stubborn fat you haven't been able to clear off yet.

-Small meals every 2-3 hours
    -Cardio at 60% at least 10 mins ED
    -No carbs at night
    -Kill it at the gym

Hope it helps brother. Good luck with that last bit.

P.S..: I would add another meal or two (or three) to your 5 meals and spread them out accordingly. Also the protein is a bit on the low side on 275. You should be consuming at least 1.5-2 times your body weight in grams of protein. You can never have too much protein.
    Last edited by NoBulkNoCutJustGrow; 04-17-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Your definately changing man. Remember don't cut to quickly to save gains

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Keep up the great progress.

Used acaliper to measure my body plus an ectronic one as well and both say I am rougly around 14% bf, so my thoughts here, and need some options, would u wait to blast tren at 10% or less bf or should I add tren into the mix of things right now
    Been cruisingon 200mg/week for 2 months now, got recent bloods done and just donated bloods last week, my last blast was low test, high tren, thinking of doing the same
    So my question is would u wait, or blast now, and up the cals to maintance or leave the cals the same with tren added?

Used acaliper to measure my body plus an ectronic one as well and both say I am rougly around 14% bf, so my thoughts here, and need some options, would u wait to blast tren at 10% or less bf or should I add tren into the mix of things right now Been cruisingon 200mg/week for 2 months now, got recent bloods done and just donated bloods last week, my last blast was low test, high tren, thinking of doing the same So my question is would u wait, or blast now, and up the cals to maintance or leave the cals the same with tren added?
    i would continue doing what your doing for another month or 2 getting as lean as you can
    Matt007 likes this.

Whati figure as well bro, thanks
    Got 10 viles of ace sitting here, so its tempting but ill wait tilli get down to 10% or less then blast and see the muscles then pop on a blast, just didnt wanna go backwards or use tren at 14% bf wheni can use it at a lower bf amd see better results probs
    Last edited by Matt007; 04-18-2014 at 02:01 PM.

M week 8 meal plan
    As u can see I love my red meat as well, but also substitue1 beef meal twice a week for a can of salmon to get my efa's
    Also have salads with atleat 2 meals, red vinegar as my dressing, tomatoes, cucumbers, celary all in the salad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9th week on my cut ( pic)-20140417_161338-1.jpg  
    Last edited by Matt007; 04-18-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Meal 3 and 4 are pre and post workout where carbs are added

I just think the leaner you are the happier you will be with the blast. Your metabolism will already be running fast and you will be primed
    Matt007 likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Keep up the good work.
    Matt007 likes this.

I cout my protein from strickly protein sources like lean groud beef, chicken, salmon, tuna, whey ect ect, also count my fats and (carbs)( if any) in my sources of protein for my macros
    As far as carbs and fats go I count my carbs and fats, not the protein containing in my sources of carbs and fats
    So I am probably hovering over the 300p mark ifi counted the protein in my carbs and fats
    Learned this from a very good nutritionist along the way lol, seems to be working and seeing results a lot better
    Last edited by Matt007; 04-18-2014 at 09:17 PM.

I drink a lot of caffeine throughout the day, like a pot or 2 a day lol, why people ask how I am loosing bf so fast, probs due to the caffeine I consume as well
    I will be adding the eca stack as of today as well
    Looks something like this

30mg ephidrine
    200mg caffeine
    81mg asprin

Twice a day for 4 to 6 weeks
    Last edited by Matt007; 04-19-2014 at 06:33 AM.

Just keep in mind the Eca stack having 200 mg of caffeine in it along with the other caffeine you intake is a lot. I gave up caffeine here recently and it took a solid month for the withdrawals to go away and the chronic headache from coming off the caffeine was the worst!!!

Yuk, went all out yesterday for eater, like all out haha till my stomach felt like shit, eate to much shit is about all I can say about it, do I feel guility not one bit cause I told myself 2 weeks priorthat come easter I am going to eat whatever and as much as I want too lol, and Idid just that, now I dont wanna see another piece of choc for along ass time haha, back at it hard this week, yesterday before my crazy binge I weighed myself and down another 2lbs from last week measurements and another 1/2" off waist line, so pumped what another few months will bring me, first time get to 10% or under

Usually I hover in the 14 to 15% bf range in the summer then when I bulk I get up to 20%
    Nomore of that once I get down, lean gains for now on, not going past the 12 to 13% bf mark
    I would rather cut for 5 to 6 weeks then 12 to 16 weeks lol
    Last edited by Matt007; 04-21-2014 at 05:43 AM.

Was going to zig zag my carbs but go even lower cal intake on low days
    I am on a 600 cal deficit now, takig in around 2000 cals a day but on my low days will drop down even lower almost 800 to 900 cal deficit
    Heres how it will look, thoughts on this, my tdee is 2620 right now, bmr 1825

5 high - 2,000 calories.
    2 low - 1,600 calories.
    3 high - 2,000 calories
    2 low - 1,600 calories

Or should I go the other way
    2400 cals to 2000 cals cycling
    Last edited by Matt007; 04-21-2014 at 07:03 AM.

Usually I hover in the 14 to 15% bf range in the summer then when I bulk I get up to 20%
    Nomore of that once I get down, lean gains for now on, not going past the 12 to 13% bf mark
    I would rather cut for 5 to 6 weeks then 12 to 16 weeks lol
    Once you get your bf down to single digits I think you will find it much easier to keep your bf at 12ish and cut from there

Or should I jut leave my current dietplan where it is at

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    How long have you been cutting and on a calorie deficit?

10th week this week, droped my cals on a deficit slowly but the last 4 weeks now I am on a 600 cals deficit still loosing rougly 2lbs a week, make 1 refeed day a week but wanna cut the refeed day out and possible cycle my carbs now sitting at 14% bf now

Quote Originally Posted by Matt007 View Post
    Or should I jut leave my current dietplan where it is at
    Are you still loosing bf? If you are then there is no reason to change it.

Alright ill stick with this current diet plan until I start to see myself stall and make adjustments when needed, thanks

makinggains2014 is offline New Member
    great work brotha

Thanks bro

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jim230027
    Once you get your bf down to single digits I think you will find it much easier to keep your bf at 12ish and cut from there
    No truer words have ever been spoken. Too much work to get the extra flub off and it just extends the whole painful process.

luciuswillson is offline Junior Member
    Matt: if you could find a Bodpod or underwater weighing in your area you can measure your BF more accurately. I try to use the Bodpod which cost me about 60$ for two measurements and a fitness center that has one.

Thread Information