rooftop1 is offline Junior Member

Nolvadex vs arimidex

When I started my last cycle I think I was around 18% body fat which I know wasn't low enough. so consequently my estrogen shot up to 700 after 4 weeks on the sensitive assay test and continued to rise throughout the cycle. My gains sucked and I was bloated as hell .I used 1-1.5 mcg arimidex day and it did not help.
    Would Nolvadex work better. I'm going to make sure I'm well below 15 % before I start this time

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No, use an AI on cycle. 0.25MG-0.5MG EOD for adex or 12.5-25MG ED if using stane.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Stane works best for me . . . i get it from ar-r and it taste horrible but it works great.

Stosh_112 is offline Productive Member
    Dex is a good straight to the point estro-cutter, within hrs. But stane is my choice due to no rebound and less sensitive dosing. But as for ur ??? Try stane and see if bloods are g2g. Agree with 12.5mg-25mg daily.

ngtmarpete is offline Junior Member
    Arimidex work excellent for me @ .25mg e3d. If you have legit Arimidex then .25-.50 eod should work fine for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ngtmarpete
    Arimidex work excellent for me @ .25mg e3d. If you have legit Arimidex then .25-.50 eod should work fine for you.
    Yes anastrozole is from my Dr., no matter how much I took the bloods kept rising. Maybe I will try stane next time but I am going to make damn sure my body fat is well below 15% I think I was just converting a lot because of the fat.

Quote Originally Posted by rooftop1
    Yes anastrozole is from my Dr., no matter how much I took the bloods kept rising. Maybe I will try stane next time but I am going to make damn sure my body fat is well below 15% I think I was just converting a lot because of the fat.
    "No matter how much I took"....that's unlikely especially if it's pharm grade. Make sure you're dosing at MG and NOT mcg.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk
    "No matter how much I took"....that's unlikely especially if it's pharm grade. Make sure you're dosing at MG and NOT mcg.
    Yes it's mg not mcg and I'm on trt it's legit I had a lot of extra so I was taking 1.5 ed and the estradiol continued to rise. I even ordered letro from a Arr after the cycle and took a month break and started 100 mg tren ace rod and win 50 ed and my estradiol level T the end of 8 else was at 2700!

*at the end of 8 weeks

*at the end of 8 weeks
    Your E2 was 2700 after 8 wks?

Your E2 was 2700 after 8 wks?
    No i did a cycle of test c 500 mg, deca 600mg and eq 800 mg jump started w drol for 6 weeks. That was 14 weeks then I took a month off and started tren and win w cal deficit and at the end it was that high.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1607218930.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	464.3 KB 
ID:	150031
    Last edited by rooftop1; 04-19-2014 at 08:25 PM.

No i did a cycle of test c 500 mg, deca 600mg and eq 800 mg jump started w drol for 6 weeks. That was 14 weeks then I took a month off and started tren and win w cal deficit and at the end it was that high.
    Ah ok. Thank you for clarifying. Could be several issues. Body fat was higher than you believed. Adex was under dosed (again mg not mcg). Your body doesn't respond well to adex. Secondary gonadal problems. If aromasin doesn't control it, I'd recommend cycling down and getting it sorted out.

Ah ok. Thank you for clarifying. Could be several issues. Body fat was higher than you believed. Adex was under dosed (again mg not mcg). Your body doesn't respond well to adex. Secondary gonadal problems. If aromasin doesn't control it, I'd recommend cycling down and getting it sorted out.
    That's what I've done been off for a few couple months to cut fat. When I'm only on my trt dose adex works great . So I'm going to get bf down and possibly try stane. Thanks for the input.

That's what I've done been off for a few couple months to cut fat. When I'm only on my trt dose adex works great . So I'm going to get bf down and possibly try stane. Thanks for the input.
    Good plan. Stay safe. Good luck brother.

NoBulkNoCutJustGrow is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rooftop1 View Post
    It is directly related to the fat %. Fat cells produce the enzyme aromatase and also store estrogen. The more fat you have the more you are able to convert testosterone into estrogen and the more you are able to store it in your fat cells. Using arimidex in people with high body fat is not recommended for the rebound that could occur once you stop taking it; there's more stored estrogen that could later act of receptors. Exemestane is your best choice as mentioned above as it is a aromatase inhibitor. Arimidex blocks the action of estrogen on receptors while exemestane blocks the conversion to estrogen all together preventing the build up in your fat cells . I'd go with 25 mg ED from the get go and adjust from there as you go. Good plan though, good luck brother.
    Last edited by NoBulkNoCutJustGrow; 04-20-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBulkNoCutJustGrow View Post
    It is directly related to the fat %. Fat cells produce the enzyme aromatase and also store estrogen. The more fat you have the more you are able to convert testosterone into estrogen and the more you are able to store it in your fat cells. Using arimidex in people with high body fat is not recommended for the rebound that could occur once you stop taking it; there's more stored estrogen that could later act of receptors. Exemestane is your best choice as mentioned above as it is a aromatase inhibitor. Arimidex blocks the action of estrogen on receptors while exemestane blocks the conversion to estrogen all together preventing the build up in your fat cells . I'd go with 25 mg ED from the get go and adjust from there as you go. Good plan though, good luck brother.
    Not quite. Both adex and exemestane are AIs and both work by inhibiting the conversion of test to estrogen. Adex is NOT a SERM and does not affect the ER

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    Not quite. Both adex and exemestane are AIs and both work by inhibiting the conversion of test to estrogen. Adex is NOT a SERM and does not affect the ER
    Of course they are both AI's but exemestane is suicidal inhibitor while arimidex is a reversible competitive inhibitor. Arimidex binds reversibly (temporarily) to the aromatase enzyme blocking action on receptors while exemestane irreversibly and permanently binds to these enzymes. That was my point.

Of course they are both AI's but exemestane is suicidal inhibitor while arimidex is a reversible competitive inhibitor. Arimidex binds reversibly (temporarily) to the aromatase enzyme blocking action on receptors while exemestane irreversibly and permanently binds to these enzymes. That was my point.
    But you only had said exemestane is an AI; you didn't include adex which is inaccurate as it is most certainly an AI.

You also stated adex blocks the action of estrogen upon the receptor which is false. SERM's do that not AIs. Adex is an aromatase inhibitor so it binds to the aromatase enzyme, reversibly, to prevent conversion of aromatizable steroids to estrogens. This has nothing to do with estrogen receptors as you're implying. They BOTH stop the conversion to estrogens whereas SERMS block the actions of estrogens on receptors in various tissues.

The statement that adex is NOT recommended for ppl with higher body fat may be your opinion but is not supported by any fact or medical literature.

Finally, the differences between reversible and irreversible binding (suicidal vs non-suicidal) is larger on paper than it is clinically. Using adex properly will inhibit/prevent any rebound. The main important differences that manifest themselves clinically are that adex can effect your lipid profile whereas exemestane won't, adex is much more effective on a mg per mg basis as well as in general at lowering systemic E2, and adex happens to be cheaper on the wallet.
    Last edited by Docd187123; 04-20-2014 at 01:08 PM.

I never said it wasn't an AI bro, you just assumed it on your own because I didn't include it and about the receptors I meant estrogen receptors. I think you miss understood what I was trying to say or I didn't express my self correctly, either way I was only trying to help.

I never said it wasn't an AI bro, you just assumed it on your own because I didn't include it and about the receptors I meant estrogen receptors. I think you miss understood what I was trying to say or I didn't express my self correctly, either way I was only trying to help.
    This is the issue I'm having:

You said

"Arimidex blocks the action of estrogen on receptors while exemestane blocks the conversion to estrogen all together preventing the build up in your fat cells."

^^^ arimidex does NOT block action of estrogen on receptors. It really doesn't do anything to estrogen receptors. You said exemestane blocks the conversion to estrogens which is correct but you didn't mention adex does the same exact thing which is why they're both AI's. The blocking of action at the receptor level is what SERM's do. If we both agree that adex is an AI then we both should agree that adex won't affect the estrogen receptor or prevent action of estrogen on receptors.

I get you're trying to help and that's the point of the forums...to help. I'm simply attempting to correct the inconsistencies I noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    This is the issue I'm having:

You said

"Arimidex blocks the action of estrogen on receptors while exemestane blocks the conversion to estrogen all together preventing the build up in your fat cells."

^^^ arimidex does NOT block action of estrogen on receptors. It really doesn't do anything to estrogen receptors. You said exemestane blocks the conversion to estrogens which is correct but you didn't mention adex does the same exact thing which is why they're both AI's. The blocking of action at the receptor level is what SERM's do. If we both agree that adex is an AI then we both should agree that adex won't affect the estrogen receptor or prevent action of estrogen on receptors.

I get you're trying to help and that's the point of the forums...to help. I'm simply attempting to correct the inconsistencies I noticed.
    Fine bro I said it wrong ok; we get it you're the expert...

Fine bro I said it wrong ok; we get it you're the expert...
    I never claimed to be an expert so don't distract yourself from the topic at hand. Don't take it personal bc you couldn't express yourself more clearly. You can't possibly blame me for that.

You claimed you wanted to help didn't you? Explain to me how anyone benefits or is helped by leaving the incorrect statement as it stood. You want to help, congratulations, so do I. Enjoy your holiday and any time spent with loved ones.

Thanks for the input guys. I was aware that adex was rough on the lipids thx to austinite a few months back but was unaware stane wasn't until this thread.
    Thx again

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Nobulk: you were incorrect and Docd corrected you (much more nicely than I may have). Move on and stop trying to defend your inaccurate claims. Thanks.

jaxbrah is offline Associate Member
    So yoy guys prefer aromasin over arimidex ? Is there any specific reason? Is aromasin a little less harsh on the e2?

Quote Originally Posted by jaxbrah View Post
    So yoy guys prefer aromasin over arimidex? Is there any specific reason? Is aromasin a little less harsh on the e2?
    I only speak for myself but I prefer adex. It is cheaper, it is more powerful per mg, it also can lower E2 levels more than aromasin , and my lipids on or off adex are not a concern of mine (always good values).

Thread Information