Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By David LoPan

Thread: Recovery / muscle maintenance following neck surgery

ziggy256 is offline New Member

Recovery / muscle maintenance following neck surgery

I will soon be having minimally invasive spine surgery, after suffering with neck pain for 3 years. I have issues at three levels c6/7 (worst) c5/6, c4/5. My surgeon guesses that c6/7 will need laser treatment to burn away degenerated part of disc and reseal the posterior wall. He is hoping the other two levels can be treated with Gelstix a very new treatment that bulks the disc back up again.

During the last three years I have been able to maintain some muscle mass with a vastly modified training program. After surgery there will be no lifting for 12 week or more, my plan is:-

TRT (this is medically supervised) hoping to switch from Nebido to Sustanol 250 will split into EOD sub injections 35.7mg per jab.
    HCG 250 ui x 3 per week
    Creatine, HMB, Beta Alanine, fish oil, vit d
    1.5 grams per pound of body weight = c270g for me
    Training, occlusion cardio, this is when you use bands to reduce blood flow, will use cross trainer alternating between occluding calves, legs, arms 10 mins on each. I might even be able to do some light load occluded weight training as time goes on.

I am considering adding Anavar or Primobolin to help preserve muscle but mostly to increase recovery from surgery, I would use for 12 weeks. Any thoughts on which would be best I hear that both increase collagen production, I guess Anavar would be harsher on lipids?

Would appreciate any comments / advise or other suggestions to preserve muscle and yes I know that recovery is the most important and I would not jeopardize that however might as well do what I can to keep in shape, without risking the neck.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    No lifting for 12 weeks? Wow.

I will keep up with this. I need some lower back work due to a bulging disk but losing weight first. When I spoke to the doctors in Thailand they said I could return to normal activities in 5-6 weeks. Laser treatment to shave bone and burn degraded disc recommended for me.

Good luck on it. Not sure how I would handle 12 weeks. Did you ask the question about any chance to return to normal activities any earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    No lifting for 12 weeks? Wow.

I will keep up with this. I need some lower back work due to a bulging disk but losing weight first. When I spoke to the doctors in Thailand they said I could return to normal activities in 5-6 weeks. Laser treatment to shave bone and burn degraded disc recommended for me.

Good luck on it. Not sure how I would handle 12 weeks. Did you ask the question about any chance to return to normal activities any earlier?
    I did ask but the Surgeon is always going to give a cautious answer, he was not even happy to say that I would eventually get back to heavy lifting.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Save the juice for after the surgery. Your TRT will be enough. When you get back to where you were, then consider.

Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld View Post
    Save the juice for after the surgery. Your TRT will be enough. When you get back to where you were, then consider.
    What about peptides i.e. GHRP and GHRH?
    I spoke the surgeon again today and he said the muscles around the disc will have got weak and that it would take 12 months for them to strengthen fully. However I plan to prove him wrong with this, I think his typical patient is c 60-70 not a fit 32 with good strength base and decent test levels due do TRT.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    TB-500 has been shown over years and years with horses and greyhounds to be one of the best items money can purchase for recovery. I would say please read articles on Google that talk about correct dosage. The "usual recommended" is actually not computed correctly as the FDA suggests with other medications for some reason..and they do not bring this to anyone's attention.... Ie where the maintenance dose is 2 most articles point to a 6.5 dose as the correct computed dose.. Do your homework.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy256 View Post
    What about peptides i.e. GHRP and GHRH?
    I spoke the surgeon again today and he said the muscles around the disc will have got weak and that it would take 12 months for them to strengthen fully. However I plan to prove him wrong with this, I think his typical patient is c 60-70 not a fit 32 with good strength base and decent test levels due do TRT.
    And with the added strength from AAS post surgery you will hurt yourself.
    Read the log on TB500.

Thread Information