Thread: is this roids?

husun is offline Junior Member

is this roids?

I have this skin disease or somthin i dunno what it is and doc prescribed me OLUX foam .005% (clobetasol propionate ). Does this have a small amount of prop in it? it is supposed to reduce swelling. I feel a little depressed and angry since I'v been using it. maybe it's all the rain.

oh shit it is roids

http://www.psoriasis.org/news/news/2...21203_olux.php

It comes in a 100g bottle how much prop do you think is actually in each gram of this stuff?

I think i'm gonna use it only in the morning, maybe for like a morning dbol affect
    Last edited by husun; 06-05-2003 at 06:30 PM.

sigrabbit is offline Member
    proprionate is only the ester if I am not mistaken.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It is a corticosteroid and not an anabolic steroid .

can you explain the difference?

edit: Marked muscle fiber atrophy can result from chronic corticosteroid use
    Last edited by husun; 06-05-2003 at 06:29 PM.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Corticosteriods are used to reduce swelling and inflammation. They are manmade drugs that closely resemble cortisone. I think prednisone(sp) is probably the most widely used corticosteroid.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Without going into this in much detail to answer your question simply, you are not going to see ANY gains at all from this.

Just as a precaution if you are using a topical/oral/aerosal corticosteroid, be sure you are not on:

1) Insulin
    2) Water Pills

I think those would be the top two drugs used by people searching through this board...there are others such as blood thinners and antacids...but those are far less prevalent to members on the board.

big swoll is offline Member
    how did i already know the answer to this question before i even clicked on the thread....im psychic i guess

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by husun
    Marked muscle fiber atrophy can result from chronic corticosteroid use
    Exactly. Corticosteroids will eat you up (basically an opposite effect compared to anabolic steroids ) - but your joints will fell better than ever. You should deffinitly try and ask for nonsteroidal products for your skin condition. Since mucle HYPERTROPHY is the goal and such a catabolic period can set you back in whatever athletic lifestyle you have.

Watch your diet too - corticosteroids can increase appetite at a time that increased calories will usually go straight to storage. Prednisone (also a corticosteriod) has a solid reputation for this...

BTW - propinate is nothing more than the 17B ester - it is attached to the hormone to control it's release. The esters have no anabolic properties at all. Ester's are used in a lot of meds...

Thread Information