Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By MuscleInk
  • 1 Post By michael30
  • 1 Post By MuscleInk
  • 1 Post By mewalrus
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: Liver protection: What, When And how much long time for ?

Slacker78 is offline Member

Liver protection: What, When And how much long time for ?

Hello folks, the title is itself explanatory.

There are 2 useful solutions for liver protection: glutatione sodium salt AND acetylcysteine.

1 ) Which of the 2 is better ?

2) When is advisable to begin ?

3) How much long time for ?

Thank you.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    we all know that intense workout routines effect liver values for up to a week?

Muscular exercise can cause highly pathological liver function tests in healthy men

I forget which member turned me on to this article, may have been Hoggage? So thanks for this information go to him.........

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    we all know that intense workout routines effect liver values for up to a week?

Muscular exercise can cause highly pathological liver function tests in healthy men

I forget which member turned me on to this article, may have been Hoggage? So thanks for this information go to him.........
    Thank you for posting this study. It's not so recent but it's interesting. So we are all prone to liver stress, with our daily/weekly training :P. The underlying mechanism how this enzymes increasing did,it's unknow; i think this is related to some alert which body react to physic stress. Given this data, i think using a liver protection cycle, even when we are off steroids cycle, it's a MUST. So, it could be precious to know what compound could be useful in a periodic cycle to protect our liver.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker78
    Thank you for posting this study. It's not so recent but it's interesting. So we are all prone to liver stress, with our daily/weekly training :P. The underlying mechanism how this enzymes increasing did,it's unknow; i think this is related to some alert which body react to physic stress. Given this data, i think using a liver protection cycle, even when we are off steroids cycle, it's a MUST. So, it could be precious to know what compound could be useful in a periodic cycle to protect our liver.
    Slacker,

Enjoying many of your posts. You seem to be putting a lot of thought into all of this and that's a refreshing change.

Anecdotally, I run NAC and Essential Forte N (the latter not as frequently now) on and off cycle. On cycle I raise my doses depending on the cycle characteristics. I have my wife run NAC alongside her anavar cycles.
    Slacker78 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Slacker,

Enjoying many of your posts. You seem to be putting a lot of thought into all of this and that's a refreshing change.

Anecdotally, I run NAC and Essential Forte N (the latter not as frequently now) on and off cycle. On cycle I raise my doses depending on the cycle characteristics. I have my wife run NAC alongside her anavar cycles.
    Thank you Brother I'm just a simply brain Explorer :P it's not my fault if i have a mind which blast me a lot of questions... this is maybe a pathological knowledge hungry

However, i was thinking about NAC too.... what dose do you advice me and for how much time ( either on and off cycle ) ?

Thank you Brother I'm just a simply brain Explorer :P it's not my fault if i have a mind which blast me a lot of questions... this is maybe a pathological knowledge hungry However, i was thinking about NAC too.... what dose do you advice me and for how much time ( either on and off cycle ) ?
    I run 1200mg off cycle, year round. That's the same dose I have my wife on during her anavar cycles which are 25mg/day.

I'm running a large cycle now and using 3600mg of NAC because the cycle has an oral anabolic along side a large stack.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    I run 1200mg off cycle, year round. That's the same dose I have my wife on during her anavar cycles which are 25mg/day.

I'm running a large cycle now and using 3600mg of NAC because the cycle has an oral anabolic along side a large stack.
    Ok... 1200 mg off cycle... but ED ? Do You assume it by oral way or intramuscular injections ?
    Last edited by Slacker78; 06-04-2014 at 09:59 AM.

michael30 is offline Member
    Oral!
    Slacker78 likes this.

Ok... 1200 mg off cycle... but ED ? Do You assume it by oral way or intramuscular injections ?
    Daily. Oral (pill form).
    Slacker78 likes this.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker78 View Post
    my read on the article, and my doc apparently agrees with me, is that you will get the pathological liver function test results.....
    in an otherwise healthy liver.

....another way of saying is weight lifters will get a false positive on their liver tests in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    my read on the article, and my doc apparently agrees with me, is that you will get the pathological liver function test results.....
    in an otherwise healthy liver.

....another way of saying is weight lifters will get a false positive on their liver tests in many cases.
    It's interesting about this situation seems to be reversed. An athlete ( even Natural ), should have blood panels almost perfect. Instead, especially powerlifters, there's a probability they could get a false positive data. This fact/study, should bring us to focus about recovery among training sessions. There are a lot of studies, which shown with a strong evidences about onset of several inflammatory activities are running in body, after one or more *repeated frequently* training sessions, especially in body building. I think, what happen in liver is part of the same dynamic. I think, given the facts, thinking more about recovery stuff from an intensive training, should be closely focused.

mewalrus is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker78 View Post
    There are a lot of studies, which shown with a strong evidences about onset of several inflammatory activities are running in body, after one or more *repeated frequently* training sessions, especially in body building. I think, what happen in liver is part of the same dynamic. I think, given the facts, thinking more about recovery stuff from an intensive training, should be closely focused.
    One of the biggest mistakes made, overtraining.
    I see all these posts of people doing 5 day splits, when do you recover?

Me i work a physically demanding job which makes it even more difficult to get adequate Rest and Recovery.
    Slacker78 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mewalrus View Post
    One of the biggest mistakes made, overtraining.
    I see all these posts of people doing 5 day splits, when do you recover?

Me i work a physically demanding job which makes it even more difficult to get adequate Rest and Recovery.
    Actually, is also true that using Steroids , recovery is shorter and easier. Although, this shouldn't feel an athlete free to do not planning recovery activity. There's a more secure margin when using steroids but i guess some results could be Greater if recovery was focused more carefully.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    NAC works by replenishing glutathione stores, so there is no need to supplement actual glutathione (which is more expensive and less orally bioavailable).
    Slacker78 likes this.

Sinister- is offline New Member
    Good info thanks a lot guys

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Just ordered some NAC. Thanks to kel!

Thread Information