bboy8580 is offline New Member

Unhappy Cancer and gynecomastia

Just wanted to let everyone know. I used anabolics for 2 years. After a long cycle and high doses and developed gynecomastia . I ignored it for 2 more years until recently I had it removed. A pathologist found pre-cancer cells. I am only 22yrs. old and now Iam having more surgery to remove additional tissue. Be careful I only used 4 cycles. I wish i wasn't so stupid.

Steriods cause cancer

dizzle is offline Respected Member

Re: Cancer and gynecomastia

Originally posted by bboy8580
    Steriods cause cancer
    Sorry about your situation, but I highly doubt that steroids cause cancer or everyone on the board would have cancer.

bboy8580 is offline New Member
    Hey that's true but if it runs in your family like it does in mine then be careful. I saw 3 doctors all said the same thing. I am 22 what else would have caused it. Iam a healthy young male that never smoked or drank. By the way the doctors I saw are the best the U.S. from cancer hospitals.Not just the local nurse's office.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Cancer growing from mammary tissue isnt because of steroids .

I think it woudl be fair to say it was from lack of knowlege on the importance of always running anti-estrogens to keep estrogen low.

High estrogen could certainly trigger, or accelerate the condition you have. Its very unfortunate, but like you said, you were genetically dissposed. I wouldnt blame it soley on steroids.

Power-BB is offline Associate Member
    Don't remember where I read it, but people with serious conditions (don't remember what conditions) but juice can accelerate but not cause them. Maybe someone else can explain it better.

Power

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    Damn bro, I am glad they caught it now and not 5 or even 10 years down the road.....

I am trying to remember where I read this because it stuck with me but anabolic steroids acelerate the growth of tumors in the body....not that they give you tumors but I assume if any tumors or cells present it will speed up the maturation of them

Keep us posted as to the situation and what your doctors say...god bless

Thread Information