rxarms is offline Associate Member

Unhappy First shot... FREAKING OUT!

Hey Bros;

Been here for a few months now. Researching, posting asking questions. Thanks for the great advise you all have given especially the bros you have PM'ed me with answers to my questions. Here is my problem. Got my gear started my dbol and already on day 4 and have been postponing my deca shot because just freaking out. I am not scared of the pain or anything like that just can't get myself to do it. I just can't explain it. Have you guys been in this situation and how did you get over it. this must sound lame to all you vets out there, but I really need some advise.

divx is offline Junior Member
    It took me about 15 mins the first time I crossed over. I sat there with my loaded pin and was like, damn..... Then I said *uck and took the plunge. Bro just make sure you wipe with alcohol and aspirate . The first one is the hardest. What gauge pin are you using. How old are you also? Just go ballz to the wall and do it.

falcore is offline New Member
    i'm in the same boat as you bro.. two more days for me.. i have monday, or i can postpone until wed.

Bro, I hate to say it but you're just going to have to bite the bullet and do it.

If you're too tense, mellow down and take a nice hot shower/bath to relax your muscles, pin goes in a lot easier in a relaxed muscle.

Other than that, well... it's all in your head. Just don't wait too much if you started the cycle...

After a few shots you get used to it, and after a few months, well... you get to the point where you can do a quad shot between 2 spoonfulls of oatmeal, sitting at your kitchen table while eating breakfast

Worse case, get a friend to stick you... but I'll tell ya... I'd rather stick myself anyday... I actually got into an argument with the nurse at the clinic for my last tetanus shot

Red

It is crossing over to the dark side. The preverbial slippery slope. It is 3cc 25g 1.5 of 2ml of deca . I want to do the deltoid, unless you guys think otherwise.. It is 9pm. Should I do it tonight or wait till the morning.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    uhm if u havent yet done it DONT DO IT IN DELT. a 1.5 inch needle will hit ur bone or a nerve. wow ur in L.A., hot girls ! uhm, do it in ur glutes. just stick the fkin needle in, its so easy. the first time i did it i had a harder time getting the shit outta the bottle than injecting it.

do it in glutes cause it is painless and is nice and fat so all u need to do is push, make sure u put an alcohol swab on after it.. good luck, dont sleep until u do it! and dont hang around with that needle before u get infected !

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Do a practice shot with B12. B12 only has to be a deep sub q...next to impossible to fuck that up.

Start with your glute and a 1.5 inch.

I would also suggest you hit the glutes, or the quads...

Right quad (if you're right handed) is the easiest to hit if it's your first time as you are literally leaning over the quad, can use both hands to control the pin, aspirate and inject.

My first ever cycle with injects was all quads... this time with an eod cycle I kinda stick it here and there

Red

Hey bro its not that bad. Your first ones the hardest. After awhile you get use to your shots. Believe it or not, you'll actually start to look foward to 'em. Just remember to always use proper sterile injecting techniques and always aspirate .

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Ive masterd the art of sticking myself, i dont even feel the pin go in. Like Red said, suck it up and go for it. After awhile, you'll look forward to doing it.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I've seen instructions on injecting that say, "hold the pin like a dart and push it in in one quick move." Hah, the day I was holding pin #1 in my hands I couldn't bring myself to do it . . . no quick jab for me.
    So I pushed it in nice and slow. The only time it hurts is in the first tenth of an inch going in, and then it's just a "pinch" sort of sensation. There's been a few times while pushing the needle in that I could feel like the pin was going somplace it shouldn't, so I assumed it was a nerve, pulled out, replaced the needle, and went back in an inch away, and all was just fine.
    Ya, it's kinda weird at first, but as everyone else knows, you get used to it. Lots of folks actually get so they look forward to it . . . and you'll get to that point, too.
    Whichever method you choose, the quick jab or the slow push, just stay cool, don't panic, follow the steps methodically, and you'll do just fine.
    And remember -- Sanitation, sanitation, sanitation . . . keep everything scrupulously clean and germ-free. Will prevent a host of problems . . .

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I was havin the same problem when i first crossed over, but i found an easy way to overcome my problem. I went on AR at my buddys house and educated my girlfreind on the proper injection site, then i pulled my pants down, gritted a pair of rolled up socks in my teeth, laid down, closed my eyes and waited for it to be over with. Now that i have been doin it for a while, I wouldnt let anybody stick me but myself.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I feel for you, I will be in your situation soon. Now I am one of those people who loves it when they stick me to take a blood sample, just think it is fun to watch the blood shoot into that vacuum container. I hope I am steady enough to do the first shot with ease. The glute just seems awkward to reach around and keep that pin from moving all over the place. Good Luck.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I would hit the quad for the first injection. No reaching around and you can see what you are doing. You will be fine... I was nervous my first time but you have to get past it.

Good luck!

ceps is offline Junior Member
    Clean an area significantly larger than you're expecting to hit - just in case you flinch and miss the target a bit - at least you'll still be on clean skin. Also remember that the sensory nerve endings are in the skin, so resist the tempation to go slow. Jab it through the skin, then take your time with the rest of the procedure.

Ok guys, I got the nerve to do it. I inserted the needle 2/3 into the thigh. Sterile technique, Tried to aspirate nothing happen. The plunger did not even go back a little. Ok muscle great. I started pushing down on the plunger and it would not go down. When I tried harder I could hold the needle steady and it started to feel weird so I pulled it out. Now I am thinking 25 gauge is too thin for deca in the thigh. Am I right should I go get 23g needles and try it again. And is it ok to keep the deca in the syringe for awhile.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I would use 23 gauge for Deca .

Will be fine in the syringe...1-2 weeks max.

chevy44 is offline Member
    EVERY TIME i go to shoot myself, i look in the mirror and get this stomach turning feeling and i c myself as some junky w/ a needle in my hand and then i dive in!

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    Everyone shut the fuck up

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    wtf is this, just fucking inject the damn shit! wtf is ur problem anyways. god ! i did it this morning in a flash cause i had to go out. i injected ate my food and left all in 20 mins. just fucking do it ! LOL ! enjoy ur cycle btw !

ItalianMuscle27 is offline Senior Member
    Ditto!
    Shut up and shoot!
    Stick with a 22g and youll never have any problems..

custom fit is offline Member
    Originally posted by chevy44
    EVERY TIME i go to shoot myself, i look in the mirror and get this stomach turning feeling and i c myself as some junky w/ a needle in my hand and then i dive in!

haha, i know right.

bro, when i inject myself for the 1st time it took all of about 2 min.

let a friend do it for the first 2-3 times this way you know how the needle feels, and after that it's all good to go.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Use a 22. That oil is thick and in the medical field we wouldn't do an IM injection with anything smaller. I seriously doubt there is much difference in the discomfort between a 25 and 22. Also you should go in at least an inch. It should be a deep muscle injection. Hold it like a dart and go quick. When you aspirate you will feel the plunger will want to spring back in due to the negative pressure. It does not pull out easily but with some resistance. I don't enjoy the shots but it's something I tolerate. After 3 or 4 you'll be accustomed to them and will be less hesitant.

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    LOL NO I MEANT EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP......J/K.........I ACTUALLY POSTED THAT SO I COULD VIEW MY NEW AVATAR I WAS EXPECTING TO BE HEAVILY FLAMED BUT EVERYONE SEEMED TO GO WITH THE FLOW AND SAY IT AFTER ME THANX GUYS YALL MADE MY DAY.....NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP

ItalianMuscle27 is offline Senior Member
    Looks like you been sprinklin anadrol on your wheaties..Fkitletsgo!

Talking I crossed over to the dark side!

Hey bros;

I crossed over finally, but I pussied out on giving myself the shot. I just could not get myself to do it in the thigh, so I had my buddy who is a paramedic do it. So he tells me to swing by the firestation once or twice a week and he'll give me the shot right there in the back room. How cool is that. Little did I know a lot of these guys juice and actually know a lot about it. So I guess I won't have to self-administor. So there. All you flamers you suck. SO what if I am a needle pussy, I am still going to kick all yo asses.
    COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Serious Bros, thanks for all the tips... I really appreciate it.

Thread Information