Thread: EPO use

ElRey2 is offline New Member

Question EPO use

Anybody got experience with EPO? I understand that it takes 2-3 weeks after injection for it to work but I don't have much real data on dose response and administration

fastman is offline New Member
    EPO is not a steroid . It is a blood booster; it will raise the red blood cell count so you can carry more oxygen. The drug of choice for endurance sports in the 90's.

Going off of memory of what I read, but I don't think it is 2-3 weeks to take affect. Yes it is a long time but not that long I am thinking it is around a week from the first injection. The dosage depends on what your red blood cell count is currently, your genetics and where you live. If you take too much your blood will get too thick and you have a heart attack in the middle of the night. A bunch of cyclists died in the late 80's from heart attacks, and it is guessed EPO was the cause and that was when people learning how much to take in healthy individuals.

Kinda expensive and tough to store, must be kept refrigerated. I don't have any direct experience.

big_guy is offline Associate Member
    from what i've heard, u need to be set up on a heart rate monitor, .. so that if your HR gets too low u will know... if it gets low u need to do some sort of exercise to get your HR back up.

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I would avoid it way to dangerous the cons out weigh the pros. EPO is supposedly what killed andrea munzer.

CYCLEON Guest
    the cons are bad - it can be used and have good results - but if you dont watch it and you dehydrate - your blood turns to the consitency of jelly - not a pretty sight.

napster is offline New Member
    I thought it was widely held that Cytraden was the culprit in Munzer's death?

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    an effect can be seen in 7-10 days. max effect occurs after 2-4 weeks. epo is very expensive and, yes, it has to be kept refrigerated. great drug for endurance sports, and although i can see the potential benefits in BB, i agree with Dr. Derek that the risks outweigh the benefits.

pin cushion is offline New Member
    I've got a hold of some epo in a 'freeze dried' form. looks like i need to mix it with the fluid supplied first before injection. i'm used to injecting as (deca usually) but not sure how/where for this stuff. any idea's? by the way, i'm an endurance athlete.

pin cushion is offline New Member

not sure how to start a new thread

i aint got a clue how to start a new thread so had to hijack this one.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by pin cushion
    i aint got a clue how to start a new thread so had to hijack this one.
    This thread ws made in 2001! I feel younger already, reading this.

Go back out of this thread then click on the 'New Thread' option. Its on your left at the top of all the available threads to view.

cyclist2173 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pin cushion
    I've got a hold of some epo in a 'freeze dried' form. looks like i need to mix it with the fluid supplied first before injection. i'm used to injecting as (deca usually) but not sure how/where for this stuff. any idea's? by the way, i'm an endurance athlete.
    Ah...something I know a little about. I have used EPO quite a few times in the past. Here's the deal. You don't really start feeling the effects for 2-3 weeks. I injected (with a slin pin in my tris) EOD at 3000 IU. I shot twice that day at 1500 IU mixed per 1ml. After 2-3 weeks you should do a once weekly maintenance dose. As the gentleman above stated, I got the freeze dried vials that have 3000 IU each. This means no storage for me, since I empty one EOD all at once. Pricing is around 8 bills for 99K units (by the way, I am not a seller or do I know of a source anymore). You should only do 2 cycles in a year to avoid developing EPO antibodies (which is what happened to Marco Pantani). 99k units should last a whole year....so if you think about it...its not that expensive. Now, if we are talking about the brand name EPOGEN or Procrit...etc; which need to be refrigerated always, we are talking about more $.

As for sides...if you are smart....they are much less than AAS. In fact, EPO can be very therapeutic while not messing with your natty Test...etc; We are talking decreased recovery times, better cognitive function, better sleep, etc; . Now here's the important stuff...YOU MUST MONITOR YOUR BP. Buy yourself a Auto BP monitor and check it daily. It is also good advice to take a daily aspirin and mucho importante always stay hydrated!!! Before you start an EPO regimen check you hematocrit levels via a blood test (simple blood test which does not require a large draw). Normal Hematocrit (Red Blood Cell) levels range from low 40's to around 50 (the number is based upon percentage in your blood, so a 50 HC level means your blood is 50%. Athletes typically shoot for a Hematocrit level of about 55 or slightly higher. Once, you approach 60, you are asking for trouble . This is what those cyclists (Festina) in the past did not understand since it was new stuff. Based upon your Pre-EPO Hematocrit level you should determine when you should recheck it. Everyone has different Crit levels...so this is a step that must not be skipped. If anyone is going to use it please consult me and I will help make sure you are as safe as can be. Remember, the reason that those cyclists in the past died was because of lack of knowledge on how to use it.
    Last edited by cyclist2173; 03-27-2006 at 04:40 PM.

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclist2173
    Ah...something I know a little about. I have used EPO quite a few times in the past. Here's the deal. You don't really start feeling the effects for 2-3 weeks. I injected (with a slin pin in my tris) EOD at 3000 IU. I shot twice that day at 1500 IU mixed per 1ml. After 2-3 weeks you should do a once weekly maintenance dose. As the gentleman above stated, I got the freeze dried vials that have 3000 IU each. This means no storage for me, since I empty one EOD all at once. Pricing is around 8 bills for 99K units (by the way, I am not a seller or do I know of a source anymore). You should only do 2 cycles in a year to avoid developing EPO antibodies (which is what happened to Marco Pantani). 99k units should last a whole year....so if you think about it...its not that expensive. Now, if we are talking about the brand name EPOGEN or Procrit...etc; which need to be refrigerated always, we are talking about more $.

As for sides...if you are smart....they are much less than AAS. In fact, EPO can be very therapeutic while not messing with your natty Test...etc; We are talking decreased recovery times, better cognitive function, better sleep, etc; . Now here's the important stuff...YOU MUST MONITOR YOUR BP. Buy yourself a Auto BP monitor and check it daily. It is also good advice to take a daily aspirin and mucho importante always stay hydrated!!! Before you start an EPO regimen check you hematocrit levels via a blood test (simple blood test which does not require a large draw). Normal Hematocrit (Red Blood Cell) levels range from low 40's to around 50 (the number is based upon percentage in your blood, so a 50 HC level means your blood is 50%. Athletes typically shoot for a Hematocrit level of about 55 or slightly higher. Once, you approach 60, you are asking for trouble . This is what those cyclists (Festina) in the past did not understand since it was new stuff. Based upon your Pre-EPO Hematocrit level you should determine when you should recheck it. Everyone has different Crit levels...so this is a step that must not be skipped. If anyone is going to use it please consult me and I will help make sure you are as safe as can be. Remember, the reason that those cyclists in the past died was because of lack of knowledge on how to use it.

What a great post

May I ask what sport you play? I have heard you really notice the recovery unlike Slin.

rawdog is offline Associate Member
    ideally you should buy a zip-o-crit and monitor your crit levels. research and a zipocrit are the only way to use E without a dr.
    you can get a zipocrit for around 2-300 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    What a great post

May I ask what sport you play? I have heard you really notice the recovery unlike Slin.
    Sport, Uh...I do a little cycling (MTB and Road). Recovery is dramatically increased indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by rawdog
    ideally you should buy a zip-o-crit and monitor your crit levels. research and a zipocrit are the only way to use E without a dr.
    Yeah, thats convienent....although I prefer using a lab who keep everything anonymous. I never go to my MD.....just a regular phlebotomist. Remember Crit tests can be combined with other blood tests which makes it nice and for 2-300$ I can get about 7-10 tests.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    i dunno how this thread got bumped lol and dude is still a "new member" from 2001 he must have fallen off the face of the earth...or AR at least

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios
    i dunno how this thread got bumped lol and dude is still a "new member" from 2001 he must have fallen off the face of the earth...or AR at least
    Doesn't matter......some other guys may be interested in the topic and they should have the news if they wish to read.

Damn, this drug would have been perfect for me in my rowing days...

jp_blois is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclist2173
    Sport, Uh...I do a little cycling (MTB and Road).
    Haha yeah i was guessing cyclist2173 was a ...duh...errr...um.... cyclist lol

Milky87 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdog
    hip-o-crit is better

Quote Originally Posted by jp_blois
    Haha yeah i was guessing cyclist2173 was a ...duh...errr...um.... cyclist lol
    Well....I have been known to do both forms of cycling (Bicycles and Ergogenic Aids), hence my name cyclist2173. Definitely a double meaning

E is the best. But like most pharmas, they should be repected.

Thread Information