Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By David LoPan
  • 1 Post By MuscleInk

Thread: Quick Question

jesse4466 is offline Member

Quick Question

I had gyno surgery two years ago, do I still need AI on cycle? I am currently taking .5 EOD just to be safe.

thanks

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse4466
    I had gyno surgery two years ago, do I still need AI on cycle? I am currently taking .5 EOD just to be safe. thanks
    YES,YES you always need an AI on cycle, It is not just for GYNO,

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse4466 View Post
    I had gyno surgery two years ago, do I still need AI on cycle? I am currently taking .5 EOD just to be safe.

thanks
    Oh boy, lol. There are far greater risks Jesse to elevated serum estrogen in men than boobies. Far too many guys who haven't read about the importance of estrogen control are misled - mostly by other guys in the gym who are equally ill-informed - about the risks of estrogen. Rising levels of estrogen can cause blood clots, risks of atherosclerosis, stroke, prostate disease, hypercholesterolemia, hyperlipidemia, affect wound healing, and increase risks for a number of metabolic syndromes you don't want to deal with. Many boobs, while undesirable as they may be, aren't going to kill you, but an embolism, or hyperlipidemia, over time, most certainly CAN.

Moreover, just because a "buddy did this or that and didn't have problems" doesn't mean he is fine or won't have problems. People assume if you don't SEE a problem, there isn't one. I blew two arteries in my nose last week and spent four days in and out of the hospital. I felt great, but wasn't watching my BP or cholesterol closely enough (and I KNOW better!!!) and it led to some serious problems (but could have been far worse). Now I'm out of the gym going on three weeks and climbing the walls waiting for medical clearance to begin training again. Unless you've seen someone's blood work, you will never know if they are ok or not.

We preach "educate before you medicate" on this site for very good reason. There are so many risks to steroids and properly managing hormones that many users do not take the time to adequately educate themselves. For many young guys "doing their research" means nothing more than reading about which steroids will give you the most mass or the leanest look. They don't take the time to explore all the risks and how to manage them and that can be a very dangerous decision.

So ya, take the AI. It's recommended for a VERY good reason.

ringsman is offline New Member
    Yea. To keep your estrogen in check. If its too high then you will start feeling the side effects. Also your gains will be hindered.

jesse4466 is offline Member
    Thank you, gentlemen.

I wasn't aware of all of that (MI), glad I asked lol and glad I've been taking it as discussed precycle.

On a good note, I really haven't had any side effects (knock on wood) on cycle -currently on week 7 of 12 test e 500mg wk. I contribute that almost exclusively to this forum for the info and reading material that prepared me (big THANKS for that).

It has def been a small journey & now I see why planning and analyzing all details is so critical. One thing wrong could lead to big side effects it seems. I'm glad I didn't cycle when I was younger I can almost be sure I would have done it wrong.

(FYI- the gyno wasn't from a cycle it was from casually doing HGH without any real working out two years ago... guilty truth.)

Quote Originally Posted by jesse4466 View Post
    Thank you, gentlemen.

I wasn't aware of all of that (MI), glad I asked lol and glad I've been taking it as discussed precycle.

On a good note, I really haven't had any side effects (knock on wood) on cycle -currently on week 7 of 12 test e 500mg wk. I contribute that almost exclusively to this forum for the info and reading material that prepared me (big THANKS for that).

It has def been a small journey & now I see why planning and analyzing all details is so critical. One thing wrong could lead to big side effects it seems. I'm glad I didn't cycle when I was younger I can almost be sure I would have done it wrong.

(FYI- the gyno wasn't from a cycle it was from casually doing HGH without any real working out two years ago... guilty truth.)
    Glad you're reading and asking. We certainly aim to be the best resource on the internet for information on steroids , peptides, nutrition, training, and all things related.

I can related to your situation. I had gyno when I was 17. Never touched a steroid in my life (before almost 39 years of age). Waited until I was 26 to have the gyno removed because it hadn't bothered until it got larger. Fortunately the mass was benign, but after it was removed, the entire mass was nearly the size of a golf ball and had started to growth through the muscle tissue.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    MI always articulates excellent information. So glad he is on this site and devotes his personal time to help us.
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTahl View Post
    MI always articulates excellent information. So glad he is on this site and devotes his personal time to help us.
    Thanks for the thoughtful words BigT. I'm as much a student on this forum as many of us. Glad I can offer help on occassion and help others to avoid costly mistakes.
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

Thread Information