thewarrior8845 is offline Junior Member

blood pressure while on cycle

im very close to starting my first cycle. my blood pressure is usually around 120/80. if my blood pressure increases on cycle what should i do? at what level is it really dangerous? are there any supplements i can take? hopefully i wont have any problems but i just want to play it safe.

Kozmo is offline Associate Member
    Firstly, you must determine the actual cause. While it is true that elevated blood pressure is listed as a side effect for cyp there can be other reasons as well.

thewarrior8845 is offline Junior Member
    i know high estrogen can lead to water retention which can increase BP, but are there any other ways BP might increase? if i was on cycle and estrogen was under control and i still had high blood pressure what should i do?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thewarrior8845 View Post
    i know high estrogen can lead to water retention which can increase BP, but are there any other ways BP might increase? if i was on cycle and estrogen was under control and i still had high blood pressure what should i do?
    Absolutely. Steroids commonly cause pre hypertension or hypertension. Nutrition and cardio combined with supplements MAY help control it but what works for someone won't always work for others. Everyone's physiology is different. Some may even have a hereditary predisposition to hypertension AND hyperlipidemia - together these can be very serious risks for cardiac diseases. Supplements like arginine, citrulline, hawthorn berry, red yeast rice, niacine, and natural plant sterile can help control BP and cholesterol risks BUT if you can't control your BP, you need to see an MD.

Thread Information