Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By lovbyts

Thread: Just New & Looking 'Getting Started' Advice.

Jymster is offline New Member

Just New & Looking 'Getting Started' Advice.

Hi guys, hopefully I have posted in correct section!

Glad to join up here.

Just new as of today.

Im from Northern Ireland, 43 Years Old, 5'8" and currently 13 stone. Just started proper weight training about a year ago, prior to that I was an avid hardcore kettlebeller. Started lifting a year ago and been hooked since so gave up the KB's for bodybuilding.

As I am sure most of you are aware, natural testosterone isnt kind to us guys around my age and hence the reason I am on here to seek great advice.

I was going through terrible troubled times when I first started weights a year ago and foolishly jumped into a 12 week cycle of IsIs Test 250mg not knowing much about it, needless to say due the the amount of stress and pressure on me at that time I didnt reep the full rewards of the test at that time (yes I gained a bit but not as much as I would have liked).

I am wanting to try again at the end of August to put on some size so, hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction to advise the best proper first cycle - whats best to take, doseage and how long for. Talking to few guys in gym that said its best to take some sort of test plus something else to go with it.....so please advise if this is true or just best going with some test on its own.

Thanks for looking and reading.

Jymster.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hey now no talking as if 43 is old you young whipper snapper.

Here is a link with a lot of good information on cycle planning but if you have only been lifting seriously for about 1yr then you are only just starting to see your potential naturally and should stay that way for at least another year.

In the mean time this is a great place (none better IMO) to learn what is right and wrong and when you are ready to do things with the least amount of health risk or side effects. Most people here are health focused and that comes 1st, not cycling.

My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

Now would be a good time to get blood work done to find out your baseline. Get a full hormone panel done that shows total and free test as well as Estrogen total and sensitive E2 as well as all the other basics. Enjoy the education and journey.
    Jymster likes this.

Thanks for the heads up Lovbyts.

NP, even though you already did 1 cycle there is nothing wrong with sticking to the basics and doing it right next time or even a 3rd before looking to stack. There are a lot of people who never stack, they just do a test cycle 1 or 2x a year with great results.

It all depends on your goals, how your body reacts to the gear and your comfort level.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    NP, even though you already did 1 cycle there is nothing wrong with sticking to the basics and doing it right next time or even a 3rd before looking to stack. There are a lot of people who never stack, they just do a test cycle 1 or 2x a year with great results.

It all depends on your goals, how your body reacts to the gear and your comfort level.
    In my mindset and all round wellbeing, I think I am ready this time for something, as I say I wasnt sure if just running some test on its own was ok or for best results to stack it with something else (listening to guys in gym). In fairness one of the lads at the gym pointed me to here and said anything you need to know you will get it on this forum.

Regarding my diet too, its spot on as I eat only the right foods and gauge my cals and macros based on my goals.

Slightly off topic, is there anyway on this forum I can get notifications as to when someone has replied to my posts?

Do you see and advanced button next the the reply button? If not you might have to wait until you have 50 post or more. If you do then click that one and look underneath for. Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes
    Jymster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Do you see and advanced button next the the reply button? If not you might have to wait until you have 50 post or more. If you do then click that one and look underneath for. Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes
    Must have to wait then for 50 posts to see that feature lol.

Sorry for what might seem like a complete newbie, idiotic question to you guys with experience.

Reading Austin's 'My First Cycle' - Regarding blood works what exactly is this and how do you go about getting it done?

All I know recently about my bloods is that I got a blood test back from doctors few weeks ago for something else and he said your test levels are perfect!

So, what am I looking to do or perform regarding 'Blood Works'?

As I say I appologise in advance for what might seem like a stupid question to you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Jymster View Post
    Sorry for what might seem like a complete newbie, idiotic question to you guys with experience.

Reading Austin's 'My First Cycle' - Regarding blood works what exactly is this and how do you go about getting it done?

All I know recently about my bloods is that I got a blood test back from doctors few weeks ago for something else and he said your test levels are perfect!

As I say I appologise in advance for what might seem like a stupid question to you guys!
    Did you get a copy of it? ALWAYS get a copy. It's amazing how many times a doctor says your test are fine when you are at or below natural test leimits, your estrogen is high or your RBC is also high. All most doctors care about is cholesterol and blood pressure now days because of $$$$

99% chance he did not even run a hormone panel test unless you asked for one.

You can go online and look up private MD labs and get the male hormone panel that shows total & free testosterone as well as sensitive estrogen.
    Jymster likes this.

No mate, never got a copy and to be honest ive never ever thought about asking for a copy!

No mate, never got a copy and to be honest ive never ever thought about asking for a copy!
    Did you see it or even know what he tested? It's not to late, just go to the doctors office and ask for a copy.

SoPacNW is offline New Member

You want to go to an endocrinologist, if you're looking for a prescription or a legit hormone panel along with description. OR as stated above ************* or labsmd, and then just post results here, and someone should be able to answer any of your questions on lab values. I find online lab requests more convenient as its tough to get a Dr to continue running labs 6 weeks into cycle and 4 weeks post cruising or PCT.

No mate, never got a copy and to be honest ive never ever thought about asking for a copy! So to do these bloods before cycling, is it a 'must do' and then do I bascially have to go online to one of these privater labs and pay to get tests done? (stupid newbie question alert again!)

It's best to always know what your base lines are before doing a cycle. Yes the online private labs you have to pay but it's not bad, about 150 for a pretty comprehensive test.

As for the Endocrinologist suggestion above, some are OK, some are just as clueless as GP. I would still first just get a copy of the test from your office. I just walk in and ask the front desk. They will make a copy. It's not a big deal, it's already yours. At least then you will know what he tested.

Thread Information