jersey juice is offline Member

Want to restore natural production- Vet's Please

Hey bro's I need some advise here. I've been on HRT now since November after my doc found that my natural test levels were very low. I've read a few studies where guys have taken HCG , Nolva & Clomid for like 45 days to 3 months but I can't remember where I read it cause I wasn't interested at that point. Basically including HRT I've been on for 3 years straight and I really want to get my body back to normal so I don't have to stress if I can or can't have a family in a few years. I never thought I'd say this but I'm sick of depending on it... it's cool when you go on off on off, but being on for so long gets old (for me anyway) If anyone has any links to studies or some good advise or personal experience I'd love to check it out.... seems the doc keeping me on is only further inhibiting me. I've searched through the site, but can't really find anything about my situation, just alot of mid cycle and post cycle stuff that doesn't really pertain to me.

jersey juice is offline Member
    No One huh? I thought there were a few medical guys in here

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Not sure if you can. If your doc put you on HRT to start with, surely there was a reason for it. It may not be as simple as just taking some recovery drugs and going back to where you want to be, as it may just not be possible.

But..if you tried it

500ius HCG for 20 days + 20mg Nolva ED
    100mg clomid + 20mg Nolva ED for the next 30
    50mg Clomid + 20mg Nolva ED for the next 15
    20mg Nolva ED for the final 15

Im not an endocrinologist though. But based on my opinions and what Ive seen from other endo's..thats my best guess. I would definately be getting blood tests possible 1x week jsut to keep an eye on how things are going. I know this is different than a typical post steriod recovery, but with being on HRT for 3 years, its going to take a longer more stimulatory approach IMO. IF your on shots, you need to let it clear first.

JMO

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If you have an actual medical condition you probably won't be able to restore it. If your doctor put you on it but you weren't really very low then you should be able to restore normal function. I would talk to an enocrinologist and get a program from him especially if fertility is your main concern.

steve1 is offline Junior Member
    ok bro hope this helps....

ive recenently strted HRT too and i can see it being a hassle in the future...my test levels were naturally just slightly below normal. b4 ever cycling.

as for the having a family...u have to go get semen analysis done and see how many active sprem u got...my guess would be not that many considering u have been on for 3 years...so , if the count is still high enuff u can get it frozen and kept for invitrofertilization adn not hav to worry about your kids(u should have probably got this done 3 years ago when your count was high and could do the more cost effective artifical insemination)

did u get your test levels counts done after u cycled off??? if so that was a big mistake because your levels would be lower obvioulsy as your body has to be kickstarted agian...that would bel like going to an endocrionlogist 4 weeks after a ccyle and have him see that your tests levels are way off and startign you on HRT...gotta tell him the truth

hope that helps

steve1 is offline Junior Member
    BTW- no one can have absolutely 0 levels of test its impossible ..unless u have had a major surgery or disruption in your pituitary or testicular axis...your test levels are just low ..if they were low to begin with there is nothing u can do..

Thread Information