sel29 is offline New Member

First time anavar cycle for women questions

I am a 38-year-old mother of four. I am looking for some information on an anavar only cycle. This is my first cycle as I am looking to get back to the best shape of my life. I am back to weight from my early 20's. I lift and do my cardio, even crossfit for a while. I am Currently taking 10mg per day following a week of 5mg. So I could see how my body would adjust. I am looking for some information on how high I should go and for how long. I am 5'1" and 118 lbs. any input would be great, thanks.

Also, should I do a pct cycle?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can share with you what has worked for my wife.

First congratulations on your renewed commitment to health. I'm sure it's no easy task with four children in hand but it is definitely worth it!

My wife is close to your build. She is 5'3 106lbs, 11.9% body fat as of last week. She is currently not running any cycle but has completed three in two years.

Her first cycle was 10mg per day. She chose to split her dose into two 5mg doses on the first cycle, although this isn't really necessary. She ran the cycle for 6 weeks, dosing the 10mg every day for the 6 week duration. She lost 2.5 lbs but her diet wasn't consistent throughout the first cycle and she could have achieved this without the anavar .

Her second cycle consisted of 25mg per day for 6 weeks. No observable side effects and blood work performed at the start and end of her cycle (CBC, CMP, and LFTs) should no significant clinical derivations from normal ranges.

Her third cycle (this year) was again at 25mg/d for 6 weeks, coupled with clen and T3. The clen was discontinued after four weeks but the T3 was run the entire 6 weeks.

N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) was also run during all three cycles; 1200mg on 10mg cycle; 2400mg on 25mg cycle.

Depending on whether your anavar is real anavar (winstrel and dbol are sometimes passed off as anavar and I wouldn't recommend these compounds for you) and pharmacy grade (black market anavar, when legitimate anavar, is often under dosed) the actual dose you are taking may be less than you anticipate. Start with 5mg. Its a very low dose. Make sure your nutritional plan is designed so that your daily caloric intake is below your TDEE if you are hoping to cut more bf or you won't see an effect.

Also, you neglected to mention your BF percentage. Hopefully it is 15% or lower. Anything higher and you likely won't see any benefit from the anavar, especially if your nutrition plan is not properly designed to consume less than your TDEE and your macros are correctly proportioned.

No PCT is needed.
    Last edited by MuscleInk; 08-20-2014 at 03:11 PM.

[QUOTE=MuscleInk;6917733]I can share with you what has worked for my wife.

First congratulations on your renewed commitment to health. I'm sure it's no easy task with four children in hand but it is definitely worth it!

My wife is close to your build. She is 5'3 106lbs, 11.9% body fat as of last week. She is currently not running any cycle but has completed three in two years.

Her first cycle was 10mg per day. She chose to split her dose into two 5mg doses on the first cycle, although this isn't really necessary. She ran the cycle for 6 weeks, dosing the 10mg every day for the 6 week duration. She lost 2.5 lbs but her diet wasn't consistent throughout the first cycle and she could have achieved this without the anavar .

Her second cycle consisted of 25mg per day for 6 weeks. No observable side effects and blood work performed at the start and end of her cycle (CBC, CMP, and LFTs) should no significant clinical derivations from normal ranges.

Her third cycle (this year) was again at 25mg/d for 6 weeks, coupled with clen and T3. The clen was discontinued after four weeks but the T3 was run the entire 6 weeks.

N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) was also run during all three cycles; 1200mg on 10mg cycle; 2400mg on 25mg cycle.

Depending on whether your anavar is real anavar (winstrel and dbol are sometimes passed off as anavar and I wouldn't recommend these compounds for you) and pharmacy grade (black market anavar, when legitimate anavar, is often under dosed) the actual dose you are taking may be less than you anticipate. Start with 5mg. Its a very low dose. Make sure your nutritional plan is designed so that your daily caloric intake is below your TDEE if you are hoping to cut more bf or you won't see an effect.

Also, you neglected to mention your BF percentage. Hopefully it is 15% or lower. Anything higher and you likely won't see any benefit from the anavar, especially if your nutrition plan is not properly designed to consume less than your TDEE and your macros are correctly proportioned.

No PCT is needed.[/QUOTE

My diet is pretty clean a I plateaued so I wanted to step it up a bit. I was planning on doing at least an 8 week cycle for my first time. I started slow initally at 5 mg a day and increased to 10 mg over a 3 week Period. I was planning on going up to 20mg for 2 weeks and then tapering down again. I dont know my body fat at the moment but it was 21% a couple of months ago and I have slimmed down since then. I definetly feel a difference during training (stronger and more stamina). Thanks for all your input.

Why did she jump from 10 to 25 mg?

Quote Originally Posted by sel29 View Post
    Why did she jump from 10 to 25 mg?
    She's impatient, lol.

I had 10mg and 2.5mg doses for her. She split 12.5 AM and PM

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    She's impatient, lol.

I had 10mg and 2.5mg doses for her. She split 12.5 AM and PM
    Last question... I noticed you didn't mention if she tapered at all.

Last question... I noticed you didn't mention if she tapered at all.
    Correct, we did not taper her doses. Splitting the 12.5mg 2x a day helped with dyspepsia she had from the second cycle when the doses were not split the first 2-3 weeks. Labs pre and post were helpful in guiding the cycle to ensure there were no early indicators it was harmful to her body. The only side effects observed was heightened arousal and a bit of acne (non clustering and non-cystic) on her back that cleared 3-4 weeks post cycle.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Correct, we did not taper her doses. Splitting the 12.5mg 2x a day helped with dyspepsia she had from the second cycle when the doses were not split the first 2-3 weeks. Labs pre and post were helpful in guiding the cycle to ensure there were no early indicators it was harmful to her body. The only side effects observed was heightened arousal and a bit of acne (non clustering and non-cystic) on her back that cleared 3-4 weeks post cycle.
    Thanks for all the info.

Thanks for all the info.
    You're very welcome.

Thread Information