Captainutrition is offline Associate Member

Talking Need advice on Show Prep

I doing my first show July 19. What kind of little tricks do you guys have for me. I've heard about spraying Pam on you for a shiny effect. I've heard there's something out there that really brings out the veins. What other wise tails can you prep me with? Looking for those little things that will make me look better on the stage.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I dont know how to make you shiny, but i would defently do a sodium depletion before the show.

Buschlightcan is offline Associate Member
    You know you need to put on a specail type of fake tanner. I believe the best one comes with a black tipped sponge kind of top. Maybe apply synthol extrernally.

youg'un is offline Associate Member
    Pam is normally used after you have put on your pro tan and dream tan. but it can be overused very easyly. Do not apply to much pam or you will appear like a glaized piece of bacon. As for bringing the veins out you can always carb load b4 a show that usually help, Or use a spray on vasodiolator like hot stuff. You sprey it on it then heats up the skin causeing your veins to rise to the occasion. But check you competition rules because i know that some federations do not allow these products. If you are looking for more answeres check the competition forum.
    Good luck hope that helps.

The Butcher is offline Member
    Captain, Jan Tana has a new spray-on tan that works really well. There is a girl who owns a supplement store on Westheimer @ Dairy Ashford (sorry, I don't know the name of the store) who does the application. You can also ask her who to ask about contest prep. If she can't help with contest prep, there are many guys on here that could. Good luck.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Hey bro, you should check out the COMPETITIVE BODYBUILDING Q & A forum. There's a few good experienced bros that can help you out with everything you need.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    1) I would use one coat of pro tan as a base and then one to two coats of Dream tan over it. Make sure you have more than one suit.

2)Make sure you are properly carbed up for the pump up.

3)Some take Niacin and swear by it. Others don't get much but it is worth a try.

4)keep legs elevated back stage.

5)take some sodium right before pre judging but very little fluids.

6)before pumping up take a few sips of maple syrup and a few sips of water.

7) Have a red meat meal that morning.

8) Don't lift too heavy or for too long when pumping up.

9) Don't mess with diuretics especially if you have no experience. They are just to unpredictable.

You are guys are great. Thanks alot. Rickson, you really think that leg elevation things works? How long should they be in the air??? How much sodium do you take? What does the syrup and water combo do?

I did post the same thing in the Competiton Forum. I also posted a little pic.

Thanks again.

Sure would like the answers to the question that Rickson shot me.

dangit is offline Member
    I eat steak the night before the show and the morning of the show.

I eat rice cakes with peanut butter and a little bit of honey on them when waiting backstage.

I drink as much honey as I can stand just before going out onstage. This jacks your insulin level up and makes your veins stand right out.

Do not pump your legs up while warming up. They'll loose all definition. I don't even workout my legs like 3 weeks before a comp. Elevating them before going onstage takes the blood away from them and they'll look alot better and seperated when you're onstage.

I only use Dream tan 1/2 hour before going onstage. it's the only thing I use and it's the shit. You don't even need to put on anything like pam. It's got its own oils built in and will have a good shine and is very, very dark. I'd hate to have to pre dye myself 3 days before the show and not take a shower.

I start eating alot of carbs 5 days before the show:
    -2 days of potatoes
    -2 days of sweet potatoes
    -last day before the show I only eat rice cakes with peanut butter and chopped banana and honey on it. sounds weird, but it's good. That night I'll have steak and potatoes before bed.

I bring my water intake up to 13 litres mid week and drop it down to 1/2 litre the day before the show.

I drink a bottle of powerade after the pre-judging to replenish my electrolites and fill my muscles back up.

Make sure you pose ever day the week before the show. People always look way better the day after the show. This is partly because of the extreme posing they had to do in pre-judging and the fatty crap they ate after the show. This being said. The more you pose before, then the better you'll look at the show.

Don't workout at least 4 days before the show. Do a day or two of very light circuit training.

Everyone will have something different to tell you. Just make sure you have a game plan and stick to it. No sense changing it at the last minute then you don't know what worked and what didn't.

Dangit - you're my hero. Thanks alot. I'm going to post some pics at 3pm central. I hope you look at them and let me know what you think for being 6 weeks out.

dangit is offline Member
    oh... I forgot another little thing. Taking Novaldex at 10-20mg a day for the last month will really help you shed extra water and make you look alot tighter.

Thread Information