Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovbyts

Thread: Best Muscle Retention Gear while cutting

GL88 is offline Junior Member

Best Muscle Retention Gear while cutting

Hey guys I was going to start cutting soon with the ec stack. I wanted to know what is the best gear to take to keep the muscle that I have. Would it just be test or would arimidex work fine. I also had an alternate cutting cycle consisting of test e/ec/t3. But I want to hold off on that cycle and see if I can get the results I'm looking for with another muscle retention supp.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    What's your cycle history, stats and how long have you been lifting ?

I've been lifting properly for 8 years. I just always bulked up so I have a decent amount of muscle that I want to retain while cutting. I cut last year with ec and lost a good amount of muscle with fat. For cycle history I've done 3 oral only cycles which I know your not supposed to but I never had any bad sides from it but now I want to start doing the proper methods as in test injections. I just want to know what's good for muscle retention.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm confused. What does arimidex have to do with muscle retention? I should say I think you are confused.
    clarky. likes this.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Posting your full stats and cycle history would be helpful in helping you out. At a first glance tes along with a thermo while cutting would be all that's needed. Not knowing your bf but if it was on the high side it would be best to lose as much as possible and get down into the mid to lower teens without any stims or tes.

I just through the arimidex out there as a suggestion. Since it'll lower estrogen and can cause a little test increase which might help retain muscle.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Food. It does not matter how much AAS you take it you don't eat you won't grow and in your case you will lose muscle if you don't eat.
    Go over to the nutrition section and get your TDEE that will let you know how much you should be eating.

I naturally have gotten down to 14% bf 5'10 190lbs.

Clarky, food can only retain so much muscle while cutting. AAS can help a lot.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GL88 View Post
    Clarky, food can only retain so much muscle while cutting. AAS can help a lot.
    At 5'10" 190lbs and 14% BF food will retain. ALL your muscle. You're not at a point where you need AAS to retain muscle. With those stats you only have 163lbs of lean body mass which is well within genetic potential meaning AAS is not needed for you to cut. Seems like you want to rely on the gear to do the hard work which won't do much if your diet isnt in place.

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    I did a a pretty drastic cut recently and IMO test is all you need. Just something to hold onto muscle while you are dieting. Go a little below your maintenance calories and do cardio 6-7 days a week after lifting. The weight will come off like crazy. Carb cycling works ridiculously well for me.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Depends on how harsh your cut/diet is going to be IMHO, if its going to be a very fast hard cut then you'll need some anabolic assistance and if so a small amount of test will do the job.

Thread Information