jayjay is offline New Member

need legal advice immediately

i came home this morning to a ransacked apartment, a copy of a search warrant and a list of seized items! i only had 3 bottles test, few unmarked vials of home made brew, 150 unlabeled winny tabs and a bunch of empy vials and misc medical supplies(crimpers, stoppers, etc). they also took my computer which contained info on three or four small overseas orders. what should i do now? need some advice quick.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Get a lawyer. Rick Collins preferably

Dancer is offline Anabolic Member
    TALK TO A LAWER YESTERDAY.

most likely there is a warrent for your arrest issued, so go now.

where is Rick Collins located?

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    This book would be a nice reference too:
    http://www.legalmusclebooks.com

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    NY

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Were you just ordering, or sending?

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    damn that sux...good luck dude

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    this sounds very serious. if they had a warrant and didnt need you present to serve it.... thats extreme. youre supposed to have to be there for a warrant to be served. sounds like overzealous local cops or you were sourcing. any idea on how they could have gotten your info??? thats the important issue here.

jwj
    jwj is offline New Member
    Unless something has changed in four years, you don't have to be there for a search warrant. Four years ago I was living with a buddy of mine and our home was searched while we were both working. Cops just usually wait untill you're home so if they find something they can arrest you then. Plus if they do search your house when your not home and you find out before you see the cops, then you're probably not going to go home. Cops know this, so they usually wait untill they know where you are so you don't have a chance to run.
    And jay if they found anything then they surely have an arrest warrant for you. hire a lawyer he can find out what you're being charged with without having to say where you are. You would hate to run if it's not a serious charge. It's better to know than to wonder.

jwj
    One more thing jayjay once you find out what the charge is talk to a bondsman before you go to jail. They can usually have your bond waiting for you at the jail. It speeds up the process of getting out. I don't know how it is in your jail but where i'm from if you don't have a bond waiting then it will usually take about 24 hours to get out. they're in no hurry once they gotcha. But they usually process people with a bond first. Good Luck

an aquaintance of mine was being watched. a friend of his got caught for recreational drugs and to get out of that he ratted out my buddy who in turn also got searched last night. basically they thought my friend was using my apartment as a shipping point. well instead they found small amounts of personal usage AS. the worst part is that they got my computer with all of the info on the several small orders from overseas. all told five of us got searched last night around 2:30 in the morning, everyone was home but me and yet none of them got arrested.

jwj
    Thats a new one on me, It's not very common that the cops won't arrest you when they have a chance to. Best thing is to find a lawyer. You don't even have to hire one just pay one a couple hundred bucks to make an inquiry into your situation. Then you will know if you need some bucks to hire him.

gwendels is offline Junior Member
    Its a shame. The crack dealer they left alone. Get a lawyer. They must have suspected you were selling. No judge will issue a warrant for AS one or two bottles. Good luck.

superjew is offline Associate Member
    Scary stuff!

jwj
    That's true Gwendels, but I hired a lawyer a few years ago who used to be the assistant DA of Atlanta he told me that a lot of detectives carry a stack of blank warrants, they get a judge to sign it later. That's why you should always read the warrant. If you read it and it doesn't have a judge's signature than you can stop them at the door. You would be suprised at how many people don't, and they just allow the police to come in and search illegally. this tactic is usually used when time is an issue. They come in search and then they get a judges signature. The bad news is that even if you stop them, in almost every city there is at least one patsy judge who will sign any warrant. It's very easy to get probable cause to search a home.
    You are right though that most judges won't sign a warrant on this small of a case but all the police have to say is they have a statement from an informant saying that there are mass quantities of AS or any other drug in the home.
    People always talk about citizens turning the law around to get out of trouble, yet the police do it far more than we do to get you in trouble. Don't trust the cops...ever.

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    ya bro, they had to have had an informant, if i was you id check the warrent and see if it lists your correct addy and the exact things they were looking for, if it doesnt your off the hook...

did you have alot of traffic at your house, maybe your gym was bieng watched, fucking pigs take liscense plate numbers at our gym....my advice to you is to override your hard drive with 0's and 1's every week or so, that way no shit is on it, clear your cookies before you log off and dont keep shit at your crib..

they probobally saw people in and out of your place alot and asked the judge for a warrent....good luck...Madmax

Flynman is offline Associate Member
    I have one rule- Never tell anybody you are on the juice. Not even your friends, family. If someone wants to know what your taking Tell them "not a fucking thing".

zmatalucci is offline Associate Member
    how do you override your hard drive??

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Well this is sad, but fortunately if you say they got what they got, chances are it wasn't enough to make a solid bust. They still can pin something on you, but the paper work and court dates, etc, may not be worth their time. get a lawyer, preferely one that has alot of experience in criminal law. You may get out of this one easy or you could spend some time in jail. It may get down to striking a deal for you even. They may want to know who you got your stuff from and so on. Feds/cops play these little games.
    As far as zeroing out your hard drive, low level format is the only way to do this. Most Hard drive manufactuers have software on their websites to do this. However if you clear your cookies, and dont' keep any files on your PC, you have a better chance. I suggest you read my post about "the Magic Box" that the Feds are now using to get info and where you go on the Internet. Good luck, keep us up to date on your progress.

jwj
    use a program like nortons.

Im not a lawyer but, I dont think he is in much trouble if any. For 1: the warrant was not for him but for someone who did not even live there. 2. it was not for AS but for narcotics from what I think the post stated. 3. None of the other guys got arrested 4. I doubt they care about a couple vials of AS. They were looking for narcotics in the amount of dealing. 5. Even a PD could get it thrown out in court if he keeps his mouth shut. Because, they had no reason to search his house since the guy they were looking for did not even live there, just suspicion, and the warrant states why they are searching the premissis.
    Im gonna guess they will follow up with a letter in the mail stating go down to the station where they will give him a court date to appear where if he does not have a good public defender will be given a fine or probation.
    OR... You could be going to federal prision for about two years. No biggy. HEY. START HANGING WITH A DIFFERENT CROWD. Seriously

Oops. Sorry. I read Jayjays post again. Now I think he might need a REALLY good experienced lawyer.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think it is going to cost you some money and maybe some probation time but you won't go to prison for it. Get a lawyer and make sure he knows about AAS. Use Rick Collins as a source for your lawyer although it may cost you.

legal advice

thanks for all your responses, i really appreciate ya'll taking the time to comment, it definitely gave me something to go on.

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by jayjay
    where is Rick Collins located?

I agree...you need to talk to a criminal lawyer yesterday, but one in your own area first , you probably do have a warrant out for your arrest....if you had been there they would have arrested you then and they may return to serve you the arrest warrant....

An attorney usually can make a phone call or two to see if you are "hot", meaning an arrest warrant out on you.....

If you do have one you need to hire a competent attorney, this makes all the difference in the world, the difference of being sitting in jail or being out on probabtion with community service.....and make sure you show him a copy of that warrant

second get a bonds man in your area if you have to turn yourself in,there probably are plenty and your attorney might know some.......

thirdly...if you come into contact with the cops do not talk to them....they will try and intimidate you and may even try and be your friend and say they would like to help you out....but do not answer any questions even if they threaten you with jail and even if they ARREST you and take you to jail......NEVER TALK....JUST RESPECTFULLY SAY that you are invoking your right not to speak to them and keep asking for your attorney.......
    Last edited by Jarod; 06-15-2003 at 01:40 PM.

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    good luck. just point out the snitch.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Bump.

xxample.

Thread Information