Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DrewZ

Thread: Yet another injection question - need feedback

DrewZ is offline Productive Member

Yet another injection question - need feedback

I've read these same questions many times over the months but now it's personal to me, want feedback.

7.5 weeks in test cyp, decided that I would start rotating 4 spots instead of just glutes
    I wanted to finish my last 2.5 weeks with Prop to start PCT 3 days after last pin.

Really haven't experienced any pip or problems doing glute injections.

Nothing really with quads either, feels fine until about 48 hours after.

I'm pinning upper outer quadrant, and by day 2 just above my knee on the outside is slightly red and pretty sore to the touch, warm too.
    I did right quad last week, this happened but I wasn't sure if it was my injection because the pain/irritation was so far from the injection site.
    left quad last Wednesday and today same thing on the left side just above knee. (right side is totally fine now)

I'm using 1" pin full depth and pretty lean, could oil be leaking out of the muscle and settling above the knee?

Thanks!
    D

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    when you pin, of course the oil will leak out of the muscle. as far as settling in any one particular area, seems doubtful to me. more likely is that it dissipates and spreads over the entire muscle group and beyond.

I've got shitty 3/4" 21ga needles and hit the glutes. I push in hard making a dimple with the syringe at the injection point. no issues for me. was concerned that not deep enough due to needle length, but so far so good. sometimes blood will squirt out, so I immediately put my finger over the hole before it happens, and massage the area for a few moments until the hole closes up.

I'm using 1.5" 25g in glutes, I go all the way in.
    Have not had an issue there.

But these quad injections with a 1" 25g pin, I just don't know.
    At the 48-72 hour mark I am having to favor the other leg because of how inflamed it is...?
    It baffles me why I get no pain, redness, or heat near the injection site.
    It's about 10+ inches away from where I pinned both times, and no irritation the first or second day really either.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    well, if pip in the quad and no pip in the glute......................?

hmmmmmm, seems I would focus more on the glute mate.

I only pin glute now. never a problem

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Some do not do as well with pinning quads. I like pinning quads but never more than one cc were my delts and other spots can take more at a time. How much volume are you pinning in the quads?

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Some do not do as well with pinning quads. I like pinning quads but never more than one cc were my delts and other spots can take more at a time. How much volume are you pinning in the quads?
    Pinning 1cc or 250mg Test C every 3.5 days.
    I thought it would be a good idea to get used to pinning 4 sites instead of 2 before I switch to Prop to end this cycle.
    w/ 2.5 weeks to go I am going to switch to 1cc/100mg Test prop EoD.

LargeMarge is offline New Member
    I have been pinning in my quads, rotating between both legs. Pinning 1ml/250mg of Test C every 3.5 days too. No PIP that I have noticed... There have been many, many times that I have hit veins though. I have been inserting pin rather slow and the moment I feel discomfort, I know that I'm hitting a vein. I of course always aspirate ! There have been many times that I hit a vein 4 times and became so frustrated.

LargeMarge is offline New Member
    Just go with whatever you're more comfortable doing.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    It helps to leave the needle in for a few seconds after finishing injecting so the oil accomodates inside the muscle.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ

Pinning 1cc or 250mg Test C every 3.5 days.
    I thought it would be a good idea to get used to pinning 4 sites instead of 2 before I switch to Prop to end this cycle.
    w/ 2.5 weeks to go I am going to switch to 1cc/100mg Test prop EoD.
    Are you massaging the area for 30-40 seconds after the injection?

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Are you massaging the area for 30-40 seconds after the injection?
    I have not massaged the area after pinning no.

I warm the barrel under the tap, I pin after a hot shower.

I am leaving the pin in for 20-30 seconds after all the oil is in though.

I have yet to really bleed or have any difficulties other than this pip that shows up days later.

Last night above my knee (almost a foot away from where I pinned) was swollen, red and hot - pin location and muscle were not sore at all tho!

I iced it for 15 then put my knee compression sleeve on, compression sleeve feels great on it.

This morning it is 90% better.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ View Post
    I have not massaged the area after pinning no.

I warm the barrel under the tap, I pin after a hot shower.

I am leaving the pin in for 20-30 seconds after all the oil is in though.

I have yet to really bleed or have any difficulties other than this pip that shows up days later.

Last night above my knee (almost a foot away from where I pinned) was swollen, red and hot - pin location and muscle were not sore at all tho!

I iced it for 15 then put my knee compression sleeve on, compression sleeve feels great on it.

This morning it is 90% better.
    That's not such a good idea. If anything you should warm the gear in the vial before pulling it out. By running warm/hot water over the syringe barrel you could contaminate the needle if any gets on it. Yeah I realize you leave the cover on the needle, I hope but still it could.

How long do you take to do the actual injection? I find it helps to take about 1 minute or more per cc.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    That's not such a good idea. If anything you should warm the gear in the vial before pulling it out. By running warm/hot water over the syringe barrel you could contaminate the needle if any gets on it. Yeah I realize you leave the cover on the needle, I hope but still it could.

How long do you take to do the actual injection? I find it helps to take about 1 minute or more per cc.
    I leave the cover on and I dry it before I open it. -- I will warm the vial from now on though.

at least 60 seconds, nice and slow. 25g pin
    lovbyts likes this.

itiswhatitis is offline Junior Member
    Go sit in your car on seat warmer afterwards .... Works every time

Before I started, I took 30ml cyp and filtered it 15ml at a time into 2 20ml vials. Then pressure cooked it.

I'm thinking this PIP started when I started using my second vial.

I don't know if its dirty, if it has more BA in it or if its crashing once injected but even the glute injections hurt pretty good around day 3-4.

The first 15ml(6 weeks went really smooth and pip free)

It's much more tolerable in the glutes and I dont see myself pinning quads again with this vial anyway.

I thought I did a really good job at keeping everything very sterile but who knows.

I wonder if I should refilter into a new vial and pressure cook it again? I guess it wont hurt.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I use "Emla," its a prescription numbing cream with lidocaine and prilocaine. Makes injecting bearable after being on trt for years.

Jaydenn is offline Junior Member
    Happened to me once, with test e, i find that either you don't go deep enough in the muscle, or release it and pull out too fast...
    As lovbyts's said, warm it up, and do you use a different needle to draw with?
    As well did you train legs straight after you injected?

Yup, different needle - I draw with a 19g, pin with a 25g, oil warm, straight out of the shower so I'm warm/relaxed.
    I usually leave the pin in for a little while after.
    I also z-track, never had anything come out when I back the pin out, not even blood.

Did not do legs straight after, this last time I did it the day after and wasn't bothered, but that day 2-3 mark was a b1tch.

Its been 10 days since my last quad pin, everything in quads cleared up, no lumps no soreness.

Tomorrow is suppose to be right quad I think I might stick to glutes.

Thread Information