Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By David LoPan

Thread: Explanation of dbol please.

Armybrah is offline New Member

Explanation of dbol please.

From this article taken from this site it shows the it decreases LH and test plasma. So I'm confused just how exactly it works and how it's praised so much.

In this study, done in the early 80s, a very high dose of Dianabol (100mgs/day for 6 weeks) decreased plasma testosterone to about 40% of its normal value, plasma GH went up about a third, LH dropped to about 80% of its original value, and FSH went down about a third also (these are all approximate numbers, for the sake of brevity, but you get the idea). Body fat did not go up significantly and Fat Free Mass went up anywhere between 2-7kgs (3.3kgs average gain). The researchers concluded that Dbol increases Fat Free Mass as well as increasing strength and performance

How can it be so useful if it drops LH levels in turn drop test?

keep this in mind I'm not going to take it on the first cycle this is for educational and FUTURE purposes only. So you take test to maintain test levels and still receive the benefits of dbol. Though I wish there was more detail as in how it increases fat free mass and mimicking test yet lowers its production. From what I've read it's armoatising factor is that of 20% compared to test, which not much estro worry, but it increases protein synthesis according to high amounts of nitrogen in muscle tissue. hmm. It just seems weird to me that estro rises, even at a little rate, when test falls.

Is it's sole use to help protein synth?

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Your 21 so you should not think of taking dianabol . You can read all about it by licking on the link that the name of the aas makes. Your not smart if you run anything without test. But at your age your test levels are so high you can get all the gains you need naturally. Dont mess yourself up for short term gains. You need to work on your diet and training. That will make all the difference in the world at your age.

You should read this. The young and Steroids
    RangerDanger830 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTahl View Post
    Your 21 so you should not think of taking dianabol . You can read all about it by licking on the link that the name of the aas makes. Your not smart if you run anything without test. But at your age your test levels are so high you can get all the gains you need naturally. Dont mess yourself up for short term gains. You need to work on your diet and training. That will make all the difference in the world at your age.

You should read this. [
    This is for future and educational purposes only. I'm trying to study up as much as possible. The only thing I'm considering about doing is Test 500 a week for my first cycle. And I'm not doing anything anytime soon. I figured if I want to do it. Research as much as possible.

And I understand it's ran with test. But I'd still like to know how it works inside the body. The only thing I can make out is that it increases protein syth.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    It is a pretty interesting question

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The data/study is 35 years old. A lot of things that were thought to be great are not so much anymore.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    All exogenous hormones will inhibit testosterone production as well as LH and FSH. That's not limited to dbol only. Not sure I understand the question.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    He's asking on what medium dbol works, if it lowers test but still built muscle (in the old days)

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    He's asking on what medium dbol works, if it lowers test but still built muscle (in the old days)
    Oh ok. According to William Llewellyn most of dbol 's effects are due to androgen receptor binding. While it's affinity for the androgen receptor is lower than that of testosterone , it has a longer half life and lower affinity for serum binding proteins. The extra water retention it causes also helps increase strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    Oh ok. According to William Llewellyn most of dbol's effects are due to androgen receptor binding. While it's affinity for the androgen receptor is lower than that of testosterone, it has a longer half life and lower affinity for serum binding proteins. The extra water retention it causes also helps increase strength.
    I see, that explains a lot. I just couldn't find a real clear answer as to what it actually did in your system besides low test plasma and LH. But it still helped people put on size. I was like wtf lol this makes no sense, but I see now what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    It is a pretty interesting question
    xD ha thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    The data/study is 35 years old. A lot of things that were thought to be great are not so much anymore.
    I understand that but people still noticed a difference correct? Even a little bit of a difference would cause me to wonder why when it lowers your test and LH levels.

Seeing all this research about AAS, or lack there of. Makes me want to become a doctor to find ways to actually do good studys for AAS.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It really boils down to protein synthesis. There's lots of studies available online that show that AAS increase protein synthesis and therefore increased muscle mass. All the more reason to learn how to eat correctly to maximize your gains and keep them.

Thread Information