Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 600@50

Thread: Quad injection problems

luciuswillson is offline Junior Member

Quad injection problems

Ok so I injected 1.5cc into my proximal rectus femurs (middle guad) on Thursday and today my quad is still sore as shit. The soreness is still in the rectus but now in the distal muscle. there may be a little swelling in the lower area of the muscle but I am not sure.

Is this common for the quad. I have done gluts with 1.5 and delta with smaller doses and have nervier felt this type of aftereffect.

forgot to mention that I used a 5/8 needle as that is all I had available to me. I am thinking maybe I didn't go far enough into the muscle and the test C got around the Synovial membrane (cover of the muscle)

DeniZen is offline Associate Member
    I've never had any significant problems with quad injections for three years now. I've always have used 1" needle.

Trevtrev is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeniZen View Post
    I've never had any significant problems with quad injections for three years now. I've always have used 1" needle.
    Same here. Try the 1" needle for sure. Never had an issue.

oxfordbeta is offline New Member
    First quad pin was sore for about a week, now it's minimal. Could feel it through my whole leg though when it was a virgin

TrevHoff is offline Junior Member
    Will need to get that bad boy deeper my man AND/OR a virgin muscle??

Quads are my fav spot, once I get the needle in the whole way AT LEAST 1" I can tell whether I will have PIP or not. If it does not feel right, I pull out and find another sweet spot.

Well soreness is about 95% gone. I didn't realize there might be a virgin muscle effect. I was getting worried saturday night because I about had my self convinced that my quad felt hot compared to the other. O well it started to feel better sunday and today is almost gone. I did my inj yesterday in my glut but I heated up the muscle with a 160degree moist heat pack and I warmed the test up by sitting on the bottle. Funny what a little heat will do for the muscle and the oil.

I am not sure I will do the quads again. I have been injecting the delts with a 5/8 using .5ml for the past 4 months and I like that a lot. I am not sure how they will respond with 1.5mls though.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That is a little short for the quads so there may be a little oil not deep in the muscle. Rule of thumb is go in until you hit bone then back out 1/4"

Yeah just sounds like virgin muscle. Make sure to inject slowly. 1 minute per CC. It really does help.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quads are one of my favorite places to pin. I tried going straight in like the OP one time. I'll never do that again. I was sore for over a week. I've found if you pin from the side or at about a 45 degree angle I get little to no pip.

ncosta is offline Banned
    Does anyone know if it is bad to take ibuprofen on cycle

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ibuprofen is fine. Just make sure you have eaten something before you take it. Taking ibuprofen on an empty stomach is not recommended.
    oldnfl42 likes this.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Pin upper outer muscle on quad but technique plays a major role.
    Remember that needle is like a knife in there cutting your muscles if your not relatively steady.
    Also message the spot for few mins after.
    After a few more times it will be like a walk in park.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Also 2nd on bigger needle unless u got some chicken legs.

ClubFoot is offline New Member
    I find injecting in to each tricep works fine for me. A lot of people complain about the pain, but it's never caused me any problems. Much easier and less painful than even shooting in the glutes.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClubFoot View Post
    I find injecting in to each tricep works fine for me. A lot of people complain about the pain, but it's never caused me any problems. Much easier and less painful than even shooting in the glutes.
    Sounds like you are ready to move onto the calves soon.

TrevHoff is offline Junior Member
    Always wanted to try my triceps and calves for that matter, heck even have yet to try the infamous shoulder. Quads simply work for me, no pain. Don't get me wrong I know there is oil in there the next few days after injection but nothing overly painful. Took some learning to get there though too!

ClubFoot is offline New Member
    Pffff, think I'll stick to the triceps thank you very much

shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    You can get away with 5/8 if you have low bodyfat. A physician told me I could get away with a 1/2 inch needle. Regardless I always use 1 inch for glutes and quads

Thread Information