Baseball_Bags is offline New Member

need help/advice....delt injection might have gone wrong...

Hey guys....so i am currently on about week 8 of my test p cycle. It is my first cycle ive ever done and yesterday 9/23/14 i decided to inject in my delt due to the fact that my thighs quads were starting to get a beating after doing them alone for the cycle. I injected just left towards the rear from the center of my shoulder...well just a day later, its EXTREMELY sore and i am now starting to notice a little red blush below my delt (about the connection point of my deltoid and tricep). I havent had any sanitary issues thus far and i used the same approach to injecting this time around...I was using a 22 gauge inch long needle. I stuck it in about 3/4 of the way in. I am very lean...around 175 pounds with less than 10% body fat so i was thinking the whole inch did not need to go in....anyone experience anything like this before? im injecting 1.25 ml/cc if that info helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

frank13 is offline "AR's Official Turkey Bacon Expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by Baseball_Bags View Post
    Hey guys....so i am currently on about week 8 of my test p cycle. It is my first cycle ive ever done and yesterday 9/23/14 i decided to inject in my delt due to the fact that my thighs quads were starting to get a beating after doing them alone for the cycle. I injected just left towards the rear from the center of my shoulder...well just a day later, its EXTREMELY sore and i am now starting to notice a little red blush below my delt (about the connection point of my deltoid and tricep). I havent had any sanitary issues thus far and i used the same approach to injecting this time around...I was using a 22 gauge inch long needle. I stuck it in about 3/4 of the way in. I am very lean...around 175 pounds with less than 10% body fat so i was thinking the whole inch did not need to go in....anyone experience anything like this before? im injecting 1.25 ml/cc if that info helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    One reason why you don't do prop for your first cycle is because all those injections aren't easy obv it seems like bad injection technique keep an eye on it plus prop should hurt a little and when I do Delts I do the very center not the rear

I did a shortened test c cycle a couple years back but i had to stop because i ended up getting a scholarship for baseball...i posted correctly. I knew how injections felt....I think i inject at a 90 degree angle. i just hope its not an infection. i can deal with soreness like i do for my quads cuz it kills now after 8 weeks lol. But thanks a lot !

if you dont mind me asking...I noticed swelling in my left thigh the last time i did it. and previously i never had swelling before. I switched test props and this one seems to be a little harder on the muscles. should i have someone do my glute? will an inch be long enough for glute?

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Keep on eye it. If it's warm to the touch it is generally a sign of infection.
    Don't have anyone do your injections unless they are fully qualified, even then I would do my own just in case they end up being a hack.

Do it your self are u cleaning that area cleaning the bottle and using a different pin every time

yes i do. I clean the rubber stopper top of the bottle every time with a alcohol pad. then wipe down skin with a new pad. then use a new pad after to clean the spot i injected.

what i am concerned about is infection. Not the time before the delt injection but the previous one, i injected in the left side of my quad (where i normally inject, left or right). i noticed swelling then too and of course soreness, but didnt notice heat or anything radiating off of it. I thought it was because i was just injecting in the site over and over again it was starting to swell. Switched legs the time after, more soreness than the previous injection but no puffyness or swelling. then i did my shoulder and thats where i stand right now. Concerned of infection. I personally cant tell if its any warmer than the other side.....

You should be able to tell pretty quickly if it's an infection with in a day or so it should be painful red swollen and hot to touch all u can do is wait and see

thanks guys, ima sleep it out and hope and pray its not one...its not red but barely blushed. If i do feel heat and it gets more red what is recomended to do? see a doctor right away? Any way to avoid telling him what i am doing ? the way i see it, if its an infection, regardless what caused it, an antibiotic is going to be given to me...any input?

One more thing to bother...if it is an infection but I'm using the proper sterilizing process (I make sure needles don't touch anything not even my fingers, I wash my hands and use three different swabs and different needle each time) is there anyway bacteria made it into the vial?

shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    if ive read your posts right it sounds like your troubles began when you started on another vial. so it seems like the new vial may be the cause. contaminated, too much ba, hard to say. id switch to another vial if ya got an extra one. yea if it gets hot to the touch id go to dr for sure man. be a good idea to wait at least a week before you inject the same site twice

Thanks again ! Curious...I just remembered this morning when I pulled the needle out I remeber seeing some of the oil dispense from the injextion site...maybe I didn't fully go on the muscle ?!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks again ! Curious...I just remembered this morning when I pulled the needle out I remeber seeing some of the oil dispense from the injextion site...maybe I didn't fully go on the muscle ?!
    Or there was a little left in the syringe? Maybe you pulled out to soon? You should leave it in for a few seconds. Dont be in a huge rush, especially when injecting or you are going to bruise the muscle.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    If you go to the doctor I wouldn't say nothing about what you are doing. I would that you gave your self a B-12 shot. If you tell them what you are doing could be trouble for you down the road getting insurance and stuff.

yeah I'll say something along those lines. And I'm never really in a rush. I just remember pulling the needle out like normal and this time seeing clear oil come out the injectiom site. Today marks the 48 hour since....pain went down from last night but swelling and redness hasn't. I'll monitor closely today and if it doesn't go down by tomorrow morning I'll go to the doctors asap

yeah I'll say something along those lines. And I'm never really in a rush. I just remember pulling the needle out like normal and this time seeing clear oil come out the injectiom site. Today marks the 48 hour since....pain went down from last night but swelling and redness hasn't. I'll monitor closely today and if it doesn't go down by tomorrow morning I'll go to the doctors asap
    Can you post a pic? Are you apply heat or ice to it? Still doing normal stuff? If you can post a pic I say a lot of these guys will be able to help you out.

If anyone can explain how to do it through an iPhone I can. Just an update...yes I am doing normal activity. Haven't heat or iced it cuz I wasn't sure. the swelling has gone down but the redness increased and the temperature did rise in the spot. First time I noticed it warm.

one more thing guys....is there a difference in treatment a dr or hospital would treat an infection caused by an injection of medication and if someone just got pricked deeply by some metal...my coaches have access to my records when i go to the ER or Dr office. So with that being said...if i told them i did a b12 shot...that would seem a little unnecessary therefore could cause other thoughts...

Just from what I have read on here. If you have to end up going to the doctor I would say B12. This is just what I have read though. How is it today?? Have you done anything for it??

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    I can never do delts. One misstep and my shoulder/tri/bicep is in serious pain, almost enough not to lift. With glutes quads I could use a 15g blindfolded and tne worst I get is alil sore

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Sounds to me like a combination of things.

Virgin muscle, New gear, pretty good volume of oil, plus prop is pretty harsh to begin with.

Unless it's hot to the touch I'd pass it off. Put a heating pad on it from time to time.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel View Post
    I can never do delts. One misstep and my shoulder/tri/bicep is in serious pain, almost enough not to lift. With glutes quads I could use a 15g blindfolded and tne worst I get is alil sore
    funny im the exact opposite..

25gauge 5/8" works great on the delt for me.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    funny im the exact opposite..

25gauge 5/8" works great on the delt for me.
    Would a 25g n 1in work on the delts?? I know they will on the quads.
    Last edited by Bodacious; 09-25-2014 at 04:07 PM.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    Would a 25g n 1in work on the delts?? I know they will on the quads.
    i know a few people who inject delts with 1" and they say they dont go in all the way. personally i prefer to bury the needle. u can get needles online very cheap. i keep 21g 1" to draw and 25g 5/8 for delt, 25g 1" for quad, 25g 1.5" for glutes..

never had a problem and been shooting on TRT for 3 yrs..

Whatever came of this?? Hows the arm??

Thread Information