Gomob is offline Junior Member

Question What's too young to start Creatine???

I know this belongs in the Supp. forum but no-ones over there.
    What age is too young to start taking Creatine? Any suggestions will
    help.

Gomob

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    i don't think you have anything to worry about when taking creatine. it's not gonna do anything to you. how old are you anyway?

I'm 33yr's old. I'm thinking of my son. He's 10. Don't blast me. It would be for baseball. I agree with not starting AS until your body matures. I just didn't know about creatine.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    honestly, its your call, but if your kid's 10 there's no reason to get him on creatine. you're better off just showing him the basics of lifting and making sure he has good form. i wouldn't have him take creatine bc i'm asuming he's playing baseball now in the summer and its hotter than hell in most places. creatine will dehydrate the hell out of you if you don't drink enough water, and I know how 10 year olds are with staying hydrated.

--hawk

Thanks Hawk,
    Good advise. I didn't even consider the water intake part of it.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Atleast let him become a teenager man, he cant put on to much mass now anyway. I would say 15-16 to start with supps.

Palme,
    Don't worry. He's not lifting or anything like that. I just thought it might help him with his natual strength, throwing the baseball, speed, everything that goes with baseball.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    i wouldnt mess with the boys liver so early on!

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    just keep him on good food , lots of water, pushups, situps..etc...shouldnt mess with weights this early

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, most doctors say that you shouldn't even start a kid on resistance training till 14. Let him train for baseball naturally, it's sad when society bases skill in a sport on enhancement suppliments, and at an age like 10 he should definatly be playing the sport naturally. Do you want your son to beat his peers at baseball that much?

I believe that creatine is the gateway drug for the physical enhancement world... that 10 year old will be wanting pro-hormones at 12 and steriods at 13. Even though it probably won't harm him physically, why chance it at such a young age for such a dumb reason? Please don't be offended that I said you have a dumb reason, just in my mind the con's outweigh the pro's in this situation... especially since it is for a sport when at that age playing sports is about having fun and not being better than your peers by using athletic enhancing suppliments.

Whoisdaman,
    I agree totally! Just wanted to know everyone's opinion. I'm the guy on the field reminding other parents to chill out its all for fun. Then why post the question????......just wondering the answer.

Gomob

Thread Information