gettintherequick is offline Associate Member

examples of hair friendly cycles

I have been cyxling steroids for around 5 years now and this year my hair has taken a hit. I must have the mpb gene. Iv sropped cycling and jumped on finasteride and it has slowed down hair loss so far after about 5 months but it hasnt stopped falling out yet.

After some research i have narrowed down to a few different cycle combinations that may be hair friendly as they call it.

I have tried most of these but it must be noted that i was switching straight from Ripped250 (which sparked a huge hair loss) to these other combinations at the time.

I was prepping for competition at the time as you.can see i was desperately trying to find any steroid that would at least help maintain til comp time without further hair loss. (Physique)

Here is my experience of 'hair friendly steroids':

First i went on to test prop 200mg/w and Equipoise 600mg/w (hair still falling out at same extendive rate as on the ripped)

I then dropped the test altogether and ran EQ solo and my hair loss slowed slightly but still 10 or more hairs everyrime i washed it.

I then tried anavar 75mg/d solo and my hair loss accelerated more so than wen on EQ.

I switched the anavar to Tbol 50/w and i saw similar effects as anavar still shedding although not as bad but after 4 weeks i stopped all steroids and have since fully recovered with pct.

I am torn between 4 options for a future cycle, any input woupd be appreciated.:

1. Test prop 300mg p/w (1ml mon/wed/fri) with finasteride. (Short cycle option 4-6 weeks)

2.equipoise 400mg p/w with HCG 500iu mon wed fri and finasteride. (Longer cycle 16+weeks)

3. Tbol 50mg/day with HCG 500iu mon wed fri and finasteride (8 week cycle)

4. Anavar 50mg/day with hcg 500iu mon wed fri and finasteride (10-12week cycle)

These are a few of the options i see available to someone like myself who has MPB geneand who values their hair!

These cycles are not useless as any steroid has profound effects on those with proper nutrition and training i have got great results from every steroid i have ever taken. Sure they wont cater for the heavyweight bodybuilder crew but they will substantially improve a fitness/physique type body.

Any experience on which route would hypothetically cause the least hairloss?

Thanks

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would just stay away from any DHT derivative compound. Honestly, there is no answer to your question, if you're prone to male pattern baldness these are just things that are going to happen.

frighteous is offline Junior Member
    oh noes. you won't be able to do the bieber hair flip.

Quote Originally Posted by frighteous View Post
    oh noes. you won't be able to do the bieber hair flip.
    My life is over now...

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    I take propecia and use the Kirkland version of rogaine daily. Also nizoral 2% shampoo a couple times a week. That seems to really really be helping me keep what I got. Of course I avoid dht compounds......

All steroids affect my hair. But moderate doses of testosterone , and maybe a lighter oral like var has been the easiest of my hairline.
    Last edited by tdoe11; 10-02-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I will take big and bald over small with hair. Just grow a beard who gives a sh!t.

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    I will take big and bald over small with hair. Just grow a beard who gives a sh!t.
    ^^ me too, but for the time being here's what I found out.

Test = not hair friendly but oh well, you cant skip this.
    Deca = hair friendly yes
    Tren = no
    EQ = no
    Primo = relatively hair friendly

orals:
    Anadrol = no
    Dbol = no
    Tbol = yes
    Var = yes
    Superdrol = relatively hair friendly
    Winny = no no

Sticking to test + var/tbol for quite a few cycles, I'm not sure if I want to touch a 19 nor but if I do it will be Deca.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you're prone to hair loss you're going to loose it eventually anyway. Just look at it as speeding up the process.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Chicken and steak. Veggies are ok also. That's about it.

Dont take propecia or anything with dht unless you want ed also. Stick with nizoral shampoo and Rogaine.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Chicken and steak. Veggies are ok also. That's about it.

Dont take propecia or anything with dht unless you want ed also. Stick with nizoral shampoo and Rogaine.
    Been on propecia for nearly 6 months, no side effects whatsoever certainly not in the crotch department. I will try nizoral shampoo everyone seems to rave about it, as for rogaine what a load of poison madey hair shed like crazy had to stop the stuff...but hey we are all different. Bout £6000 for hair surgery here...

thomasfreddy is offline Junior Member
    Low test e 250 mg pw
    Kinda high npp 600mg pw
    I found this really good ref hair
    Loss
    Can't get npp at mo otherwise I
    Would be on that cycle now
    Npp is great imho

Quote Originally Posted by gettintherequick View Post

Been on propecia for nearly 6 months, no side effects whatsoever certainly not in the crotch department. I will try nizoral shampoo everyone seems to rave about it, as for rogaine what a load of poison madey hair shed like crazy had to stop the stuff...but hey we are all different. Bout £6000 for hair surgery here...
    Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. Google and you will see there are a large percentage of people who do experience that side.

Its common for you to shed more before it starts growing back thicker when you first start using Rogaine.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 10-02-2014 at 05:55 PM.

jesse4466 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gettintherequick
    Does hair surgery really work?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. Google and you will see there are a large percentage of people who do experience that side. Its common for you to shed more before it starts growing back thicker when you first start using Rogaine.
    I've also been on propecia for months. No sides in the pecker dept either.......

Quote Originally Posted by tdoe11 View Post
    I've also been on propecia for months. No sides in the pecker dept either.......
    Thats good but keep an eye out. From the people I know who have experienced side effects and from what I have read on a lot of hair loss forums it's not an overnight side effects. Libido starts to diminish after a while and in a lot of cases does not come back.

I bought some long time ago and still have it in my cupboard after reading about the sides. I'm just saying to be informed and watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    Thats good but keep an eye out. From the people I know who have experienced side effects and from what I have read on a lot of hair loss forums it's not an overnight side effects. Libido starts to diminish after a while and in a lot of cases does not come back. I bought some long time ago and still have it in my cupboard after reading about the sides. I'm just saying to be informed and watch out.
    Yah I also have read that it can hinder libido as well. Luckily for me haven't had any problems up to date. I do blast and cruise though, so test always being at a good level probably helps.

Lee_1978 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Thats good but keep an eye out. From the people I know who have experienced side effects and from what I have read on a lot of hair loss forums it's not an overnight side effects. Libido starts to diminish after a while and in a lot of cases does not come back.

I bought some long time ago and still have it in my cupboard after reading about the sides. I'm just saying to be informed and watch out.
    I concur...I've read some horror stories about Dutasteride and Propecia. I would rather go bald.

mackbutter is offline New Member
    I have read that , for some reason , test enanthate is easier on hair loss than test prop.? So that's what I use.
    Also that shampoo that blocks DHT is supposed to have great results taken alongside propecia.
    But some guys just can't touch any AAS without losing hair. I think the general rule seems to be that if the hair lines recede than that hair is gone for good . But I've known many people who, while never had their hair lines recede, had an overall thinning of hair and then after their cycle it thickened up again.
    I would guess that a Test e/ GH / Insulin/ anavar cycle wouldn't hit the hair hard if you have propecia and that shampoo.
    Good luck!

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mackbutter View Post
    I have read that , for some reason , test enanthate is easier on hair loss than test prop.? So that's what I use.
    Also that shampoo that blocks DHT is supposed to have great results taken alongside propecia.
    But some guys just can't touch any AAS without losing hair. I think the general rule seems to be that if the hair lines recede than that hair is gone for good . But I've known many people who, while never had their hair lines recede, had an overall thinning of hair and then after their cycle it thickened up again.
    I would guess that a Test e/ GH / Insulin/ anavar cycle wouldn't hit the hair hard if you have propecia and that shampoo.
    Good luck!
    Rubbish. Some just think that because prop is commonly stacked with the cutting compounds that are roughest on your hair (winstrol , tren , masteron ).

Thread Information