Peter is offline Associate Member

Seizure letters.....

I know I know.....GO DOMESTIC!!!! But thats easier said than done. I have no domestic source. My question is, if an order is seized from overseas, what is the most likely to happen? I don't care about losing the money, I just dont want to get in trouble with the law. If I get a siezure letter, just throw it away right? What are the chances of them following up on it and actually arresting you? By the way, I was just wondering, its not like I am going to order anything illigal anyway....
    -Pete

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Why would you get arrested. You didnt order anything illegal. Someone must have written down the wrong address. Maybe a previous occupant. Maybe someone is trying to set you up for a fall. I mean come on, you dont know anything about that shit RIGHT.

mammoth is offline Member
    If your package gets seized then most likely you will just get a seizure letter giving you the oppurtunity to claim the package. Best thing to do is simply shred the letter and don't worry about it. If that were to happen then you might want to consider ordering to a different address for sometimes they flag addresses.

Unless the amount of gear coming in is considered more than a personal use amount then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. If the Feds take the time to track a personal amount order to perform a controlled delivery then you have done something seriously wrong.

superjew is offline Associate Member
    What brings about the controlled deliveries that we hear about Mammoth? I was under the impression that whenever a package is seized, the address of the recipient is sent to the local police in that area. I assume it is the local police or postal authorities that perform these deliveries. I'd love a thread on controlled deliveries with all the details!

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by mammoth
    If your package gets seized then most likely you will just get a seizure letter giving you the oppurtunity to claim the package. Best thing to do is simply shred the letter and don't worry about it. If that were to happen then you might want to consider ordering to a different address for sometimes they flag addresses.

Unless the amount of gear coming in is considered more than a personal use amount then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. If the Feds take the time to track a personal amount order to perform a controlled delivery then you have done something seriously wrong.
    Couldnt' have said it better myself.

mammoth is offline Member
    Originally posted by superjew
    What brings about the controlled deliveries that we hear about Mammoth? I was under the impression that whenever a package is seized, the address of the recipient is sent to the local police in that area. I assume it is the local police or postal authorities that perform these deliveries. I'd love a thread on controlled deliveries with all the details!
    With the amount of packages that get seized it still would be a huge expense for Customs to follow-up on every single package that they find illegal substances in. From what I have gathered if they decide to pick on you then it is probably because your addy was flagged or they suspect you of being a dealer. That is just my opinion because I can't speak from experience (Knock on wood)!

I am sure that there are threads somehwere that discuss controlled deliveries. I seem to remember reading one where the DEA where actually on location to make the arrest, so I don't think that it is always local police and postal inspectors who make the busts.

I would love to learn more about how Customs operates!

Thread Information