bex
    bex is offline Banned

Do you get depressed when off cycle

I was just wondering how do you guys feel when you are off the AS.And how do you cope with it. I ask the question because i feel like shi* when iam off.

BIG_GUNS_21 is offline Member
    Ya thats normal for me too. Thats why I avoid comeing off...lol

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    To much estrogen in your body you get moody

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

funniest shit i ever saw

was my pyschopath friend sitting in the corner of my old gym with a peanut butter sandwich in one hand and his straps in the other crying like a 10 year old child the next week after he came off.i'm talking crazy tears flowing.everyone who didn't really dare speak to him in the gym because he was so nuts was like why the fuck is the pyschoboy crying!!maybe it wasn't that funny, but i'll never get that image out of my head.

BigJw is offline New Member
    I combat depression with natural testosterone inducers like norteston and androteston. I find that they give me the edge I need when I am off. Hope you are getting your clomid.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!

Re: funniest shit i ever saw

Originally posted by partyboynyc
    was my pyschopath friend sitting in the corner of my old gym with a peanut butter sandwich in one hand and his straps in the other crying like a 10 year old child the next week after he came off.i'm talking crazy tears flowing.everyone who didn't really dare speak to him in the gym because he was so nuts was like why the fuck is the pyschoboy crying!!maybe it wasn't that funny, but i'll never get that image out of my head.
    Bro that's some funny ass ish!

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Peanut butter sounds good right about now....Thanks for the tip pboy.

And good story!

BTW...Shoot, i hope i do not get too down when i am off. I am expecting some, but maybe if I'm ready for it, it won't be soo bad...(or maybe im just saying that to give me hope)

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    What you are feeling is preatty normal!
    when i can off my first cycle i felt ok for a few weeks after but then i basicaly losy my driv for about 3 weeks to work out.
    I have been told this can be avoided by taking clomid to get your natural test lvls running again but i am unsure. maybe somebody could answer that better

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    best thing you can do post cycle is lift as hard as you did while you were on. i understand that intensity and poundage wont be there as they were while cycling, however, if you lift as hard while off as while on, your next go round with the juice will be that much more effective. and you have something to look foward to next time you gear up.
    believe me i know its hard to do, but well worth it in the end. remember this is a game of longevity, building slowly and surely to gain size and strength. and all of the components and dedication must be there, off cyle as well as on.

peace bb79

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Thanks for the info bros

Nicksta is offline New Member

it happens

Im prone to depression as it is, so when I come off I double up on my meds and let me tell you, IT HELPS!
    Anti-D's are fairly easy to get, just go to the doc and tell him your feeling shitty, want to sleep all the time, hate life, and contiplate suicide quite often.
    Most likely the doc will put you on an SSRI like paxil, zoloft, effexor, or prozac. Prozac is good because it actually gives you a boost and is associated with weight loss!
    But remember, Anti-D's usually take anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks to start working, so plan ahead of time.

hope I helped

Nicksta

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

IMO that's bad advice

i would nevr suggest MAO inhibitors as a way of coming off gear.you're hormones are still working on their uptake back to normal levels and now you're gonna fuck w/ your seratonin?!people who need MAO's for legitimate reasons have problems while on and even coming off them.i think you're creating more harm potentially than good.it's sad but most doctors WILL just prescribe zoloft or prozac freely because the pharmaceutical producers and doctors are working hand in hand.doctors don't treat symptoms of pysch disorders today.they just medicate to situation.it's a sad sad world full of greed we live in today.

Nicksta is offline New Member
    Prozac is not an MAOI (monoamine oxidase inhibitor) Prozac is an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors)

MAOI's inhibitors alter the normal metabolism of the amino acid, tyramine. MAO is an enzyme involved in the breakdown of seretonin, norapinephrine, and dopamine and its inhibition results in increased availibility of these neurotransmitters at the synapse.

SSRI's have highly selective effects on seretonin reuptake rather than alteration of neurotransmitter availibility and are much safer than trycyclics and MAOI's by far, and is less likely to lead to overdose deaths and neurotransmitter alteration, thus physicians feel more confident about perscribing prozac.

I feel short term use of an ssri, prozac in perticular, would be very benificial. When considering gear, I checked up and spoke with my doctor about using prozac while on gear, after advising me not to do gear (of course)he said if you do in no way should I stop the prozac. But that is for me, and I allready am on them. And this is my opinion, and I could be wrong. make your best judgement for yourself bro.

Nicksta
    Last edited by Nicksta; 12-09-2001 at 08:04 PM.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    What about st johns wort?

lil' juicer is offline Junior Member
    I get depressed because of my shitty workouts post cycle. I loose some interest in sex too. I keep from getting too down by just telling myself its temporary.

Mike Guest
    I recommend against St. John's Wort at all times and against any anti-depressant in this case. I think that is VERY bad advice and these shouldnt be taken unless you have a REAL clinical depression problem - one having to do with SERATONIN levels and not fluctuating testosterone levels ..

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    But i thourght st.johns wort was herbal?

Mike Guest
    Read this if you can view PDFs - St. John's is not that good for you and is under studied - this is just one of the many reports out on it.....

http://www.calsocanes.com/Bulletins/...-2/stjwort.pdf

Mr. Nobody is offline Associate Member
    Dopamine enhancers may help, it has been shown that steroids increase dopamine levels in brain, so when you come off they fall, giving you the blues, try deprenyl and the likes.
    DO NOT COMBINE WITH EPHEDRINE EVER

Thread Information