Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jimmyinkedup
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: Why does AAS make you feel good?

Slowhand is offline Associate Member

Why does AAS make you feel good?

I never feel better than when I'm on a cycle. No medication a doctor has ever given me has made me feel as happy and confident as I feel like when I'm on cycle. Not even so called 'anti-depressants' can even touch a test and dbol stack. If you think deca dick is bad, try taking 200mg Zoloft a day or some other SSRI.

So, what is it that makes us feel good on cycle? You can't just say testosterone . In order for it to just be 'testosterone' it would still have to convert some how dopamine or some other neurotransmiter.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Androgens = dopamine increase
    saymass003 and PistolPete33 like this.

Jedi1337 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
    I never feel better than when I'm on a cycle. No medication a doctor has ever given me has made me feel as happy and confident as I feel like when I'm on cycle. Not even so called 'anti-depressants' can even touch a test and dbol stack. If you think deca dick is bad, try taking 200mg Zoloft a day or some other SSRI.

So, what is it that makes us feel good on cycle? You can't just say testosterone. In order for it to just be 'testosterone' it would still have to convert some how dopamine or some other neurotransmiter.
    I studied Psychology BSc and Neuroscience MSc at university and never did I hear AAS get a mention as a therapuetic intervention for depression and/or anxiety. Yet I suffer from anxiety and AAS makes me so relaxed, so comfortable in my own skin. I laugh more, i joke more. Its actually incredible how much my mind is freed up to think non-anxious thoughts.

To my knowledge there has been some research in the past. Maybe i should look it up!

There is always the potential that the use of AAS in depression and anxiety has been suppressed because it cannot be patented. Similar to lithium being used in the treatment of bipolar disorder - big pharma hate it because its an element and therefore cannot be patented.

Jedi1337 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Androgens = dopamine increase
    Im sure you will appreciate that that is a very simplistic relationship. Weed increases dopamine, but there is no similarity in the downstream behavioural/psychological manifestations. There is a lot going on.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I believe the primary reason is the higher hormone level. I notice this for saure - it's not a high, but a feeling of wellness - yet, not euphoric

Slowhand is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi1337 View Post
    I studied Psychology BSc and Neuroscience MSc at university and never did I hear AAS get a mention as a therapuetic intervention for depression and/or anxiety. Yet I suffer from anxiety and AAS makes me so relaxed, so comfortable in my own skin. I laugh more, i joke more. Its actually incredible how much my mind is freed up to think non-anxious thoughts.

To my knowledge there has been some research in the past. Maybe i should look it up!

There is always the potential that the use of AAS in depression and anxiety has been suppressed because it cannot be patented. Similar to lithium being used in the treatment of bipolar disorder - big pharma hate it because its an element and therefore cannot be patented.
    The same results happen to me while on cycle. I become very relaxed, I can't even recall a time I got angry while on cycle.

PBJtime is offline Associate Member
    This thread is brilliant . Agree 100%

newfez is offline New Member
    I have been on anti depressant tablets for a few years.

It's been two weeks since I stated a cycle test E 500mg a week with Al .25mg every day.

I have never felt better. No anxiety and depression seems now like a bad dream of the past.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by newfez
    I have been on anti depressant tablets for a few years. It's been two weeks since I stated a cycle test E 500mg a week with Al .25mg every day. I have never felt better. No anxiety and depression seems now like a bad dream of the past.

Shit, whatever works - that's cool

I
    Haydenz likes this.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome!! Have you ever got blood work done to see what your test levels were b4 cycle?

maddad is offline Junior Member
    same here. i'm off right now and everything seems like a hassle to me. the wife even commented about my attitude the other day. but pump me full of test and i'm like a big baby.

gainz4dayz17 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newfez View Post
    I have been on anti depressant tablets for a few years.

It's been two weeks since I stated a cycle test E 500mg a week with Al .25mg every day.

I have never felt better. No anxiety and depression seems now like a bad dream of the past.

Might be the only person i've heard of that has had positive effects from anti-depressants...

newfez is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joco71
    That's awesome!! Have you ever got blood work done to see what your test levels were b4 cycle?
    Yes before the cycle got my test result and my testosterone were around 400 and estrogen was 95.

Meaning low testosterone and high estrogens. I am 41 male 5"11 and weight 185

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by newfez View Post
    Yes before the cycle got my test result and my testosterone were around 400 and estrogen was 95.

Meaning low testosterone and high estrogens. I am 41 male 5"11 and weight 185

That's like a naturally crap hormone balance

Sounds about like mine

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Testosterone is what makes us men, if you increase your natural testosterone by 10 times your going to be feeling like 10 men all in one. That's why hormones are so important to a persons well being our bodies do a wonderful job at balancing these hormones and normally we don't have any issues but when these hormones drop or we have issues with them that's when the world seems to fell apart.

dfarre is offline Banned
    My natural test was 290 now it's 4700, I feel absolutely 0 difference. I'm still an awkward forever alone kissless virgin. Just more muscular and shredded.

Quote Originally Posted by dfarre View Post
    My natural test was 290 now it's 4700, I feel absolutely 0 difference. I'm still an awkward forever alone kissless virgin. Just more muscular and shredded.
    You have an inbalance of some kind, blood work will help you to resolve this issue, it will also not turn a troll into loving love god.
    Last edited by marcus300; 10-19-2014 at 08:26 AM.

dfarre is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    You have an inbalance of some kind, blood work will help you to resolve this issue, it will also not turn a troll into loving love god.
    What could be the problem? Because there's no problem with the sex hormones, everything is normal, except for the testosterone of course.

Quote Originally Posted by dfarre View Post
    What could be the problem? Because there's no problem with the sex hormones, everything is normal, except for the testosterone of course.
    Stick with your virgin thread or start a new one.

Thread Information