Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: How many of us still smoke cigs??

theblaze1987 is offline Associate Member

How many of us still smoke cigs??

Hey guys, I'm just wondering how many of us smoke cigs and train hard too? I know it's a terrible habit I need to quit and trust me it's not that I have not tried, god have I tried, I've kicked it for months, but the craving was always there and only took time to break me back down and once I has one I had a habit again. I ride a bicycle 20 miles a day and weight lift too, I don't caugh or loose my breath to bad but I'm sure it could be better if I didn't smoke, a lot better in sure. But back to my question I'm just curious to how many of us workout, and still have the habit??

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    you may not be coughing yet, but give it enough time and you will. don't care how many miles you peddle...........

..........smoking is a form of self abuse (so is alcohol in a way), even if you "want to smoke"
    PistolPete33 likes this.

drgreenthumb628 is offline New Member
    I quit cigs jan 6 2014 and switched to a vape pen I have my cardio back as well as a lot more positive side effects. I used to smoke 2 packs of newports a day and my cardio was shit than

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drgreenthumb628 View Post
    I quit cigs jan 6 2014 and switched to a vape pen I have my cardio back as well as a lot more positive side effects. I used to smoke 2 packs of newports a day and my cardio was shit than
    most vap pens are carcinogenic.............
    ...........but you already knew that?

laden with toxic heavy metals..............?
    PistolPete33 likes this.

I by no means am saying the smoking is not or has not affected me, in fact I say the opposite, I'm just asking how many still smoke and can't kick the habit but still workout

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    I'm a smoker.....

4linked is offline Associate Member
    Me also

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I am one of the rare who can smoke a cancer stick & not pick one up for a month or more.

I approximate within the last year I have smoked 1-2 packs.

davesah1 is offline Member
    e-cig now. Feel so much better in and out of the gym.

Although I still smoke the occasional social one.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I smoked off and on for years, mostly on weekends, vacation and when out with friends. Once I got up to 1/2 a pack a day I quit. I could still feel the draw for several months but that just gave me more will power to stop. I dont like anything that has some type of physical, mental or emotional control over me.

Ahhhh, see you guys are making me feel better, and giving me motivation which is why I asked this question to begin wit

Craze1 is offline Junior Member
    I smoked for about 6 years before quitting a week after my son was born which was 1 year 1 month ago now. Even now i still feel like a smoke from time to time and honestly think smoking had some benefits on my mood but in the overall I'm very happy i gave up and I'm saving so much money! And my performance in the gym and cardio is defiantly better.

XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member
    I only smoke when others are smoking, only take recreational drugs when others are doing it, drink alcohol when others are doing it... never pay for drugs, but never say no, I think its the safest way to stay away from addiction.
    My actual girlfriend is similar to me, she likes smoking but if she doesn't have cigs by hand, she doesn't get crazy.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I started smoking quite young and once I got clean and got into fitness decided it wasn't something I saw in my future, and detrimental to my goals. After smoking for close to 7 years I tried quitting properly for the first time using patches and never smoked again.

Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX View Post
    I only smoke when others are smoking, only take recreational drugs when others are doing it, drink alcohol when others are doing it... never pay for drugs, but never say no, I think its the safest way to stay away from addiction.
    My actual girlfriend is similar to me, she likes smoking but if she doesn't have cigs by hand, she doesn't get crazy.
    So you're a follower instead of a leader....

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post

Even if I dislike him too I rather see a follower in these circumstance who smoke a cig or two a week than a "leader" who smoke two pack a day around other people.

As a doctor you should know that.

Wrong, I get the best out of the situation. If there’s something for free, I simply take advantage. The “leaders” who are giving me the drugs for free, are freakin toasted, I don’t want to be like them.

Wrong, I get the best out of the situation. If there’s something for free, I simply take advantage. The “leaders” who are giving me the drugs for free, are freakin toasted, I don’t want to be like them.
    Ok. So now you're a leech?

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Every hardcore lifter that was not an athlete but bodybuilder I have met IRL was a smoker. 3 or so cigs a day at max. It was the standard from what I saw. The percentage shocked me.

I do not smoke, drink, or do illegal d... well 2 out of 3 ain't bad!

Ok. So now you're a leech?
    No, leech not, because I don’t ask for it.

I see smoking like a slow suicide, not that im against suicide if you wanna kill yourself go ahead and have fun.

I believe than anyone can do whatever the **** they wanna do as long as they dont compromise others health.

And thats why im against smoking... No matter the precaution you take you still endanger everyone around you and thats should be ****ing illegal.

If smoking was only screw your health. So be it. But its not the case.
    It is unhealthy for people around you.
    You have the right to **** your health. But not the right to **** others health.

Just my .02
    gainz4dayz17 likes this.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would NEVER smoke. It is beyond NASTY besides all the health issues. I lost my mother when I was 10 years old to smoking so Fvck that. Not going to leave my son when he's 10. Never smoked ANYTHING in my life and would never even consider it for even a second. I'm proud of that. I look down on people that smoke and always will. My old boss smoked and I had a hard time respecting him for it. Plus, I don't want to have to breath your nasty Shiznit because you can't control your habit.

E-Cigarettes make people look like such tool boxes. I didn't say I wasn't opinionated.
    marcus300 likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Smoking is for the weak minded
    < <Samson> > and PistolPete33 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Smoking is for the weak minded
    Or for those that enjoy it

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Or for those that enjoy it
    You just proved my point
    PistolPete33 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by qscgugcsq View Post
    I see smoking like a slow suicide, not that im against suicide if you wanna kill yourself go ahead and have fun.

I believe than anyone can do whatever the **** they wanna do as long as they dont compromise others health.

And thats why im against smoking... No matter the precaution you take you still endanger everyone around you and thats should be ****ing illegal.

If smoking was only screw your health. So be it. But its not the case.
    It is unhealthy for people around you.
    You have the right to **** your health. But not the right to **** others health.

Just my .02
    Remember that roids are a low suicide aswell. Heart enlargement, cholesterol... Difference between roids and smoke: Smoke will either kill you with a cancer, or you survive and live your whole life through. Steroids , will make your life shorter, most of us will die because of heart stop to beat, so more roids, less life for your heart.

Remember that roids are a low suicide aswell. Heart enlargement, cholesterol... Difference between roids and smoke: Smoke will either kill you with a cancer, or you survive and live your whole life through. Steroids, will make your life shorter, most of us will die because of heart stop to beat, so more roids, less life for your heart.
    If so you are uninformed about steroids . Cause they can improve quality of life and longevity if done properly. In your case yes you are reducing your lifespan.

And the difference is I precised that as long as you dont hurt other people its ok.

Injecting steroids in you body do not affect the health of your surrounding.

Secondary smoke does.

343geisa is offline New Member
    Yeah, sure i smoke a lot mane. You just have to go for the low tar cigarettes then is all good! Stuff will kill ya tho... I first started smoking at 14 thru the twenties. Stopped at 30 flat and started again this year. Plan stopping at new years again.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    You just proved my point
    No I didn't but you can continue to think I did

Quote Originally Posted by 343geisa View Post
    Yeah, sure i smoke a lot mane. You just have to go for the low tar cigarettes then is all good! Stuff will kill ya tho... I first started smoking at 14 thru the twenties. Stopped at 30 flat and started again this year. Plan stopping at new years again.
    Don't wait till New Years. NOBODY keeps a New Years Resolution. Take a look at the gym, in January it totally sucks and by February it's back to normal.
    RigPig, marcus300 and 343geisa like this.

shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    I smoked for 15 years. Been quit about 6 years now. I started dipping to quit. I guess u can live without a jaw but u can't live without lungs...

The average smoker will die 10 years sooner because of smoking. That's a long time to lose.
    marcus300 likes this.

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    did for nearly 18year, up to 2 packs / day toward the end. Picked up weights, put down smokes haven't looked back. The new version of me looks better, smells better and has more drive & determination then ever. But I will admit I enjoyed nearly every single cig I ever smoked..I just enjoy this lifestyle more.

Haydenz is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    I quit smokes recreational drugs and alcohol the second week into my fitness challenge 5 years a go, have never looked back, **** that shit, its disgraceful.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    I quit years ago when I started become more serious about training.
    my thoughts were- here I am spending hours in the gym working my ass off to look good on the outside only to rotting away from the inside.
    $7 a day is a lot of chicken
    marcus300 likes this.

got fina? is offline Member
    Good question and i quit cigarettes 2 months ago....

I was smoking almost 2 packs a day and a friend showed me this vape machine he got at vape shop. I tried it and loved it. Anyways, I am now smoking a little of this Vape here and there and am down to like 6MG juice. Go try it out. It works amazingly!!!

blemshow is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    I smoked off and on for years, mostly on weekends, vacation and when out with friends. Once I got up to 1/2 a pack a day I quit. I could still feel the draw for several months but that just gave me more will power to stop. I dont like anything that has some type of physical, mental or emotional control over me.
    Lol don't you cycle xD?

Blog Entries
    Never have never will

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I unfortunately still smoke. Have an addictive personality. Some might say that is bull shit but I don't think so.

And the better I get at my job...the more bored I get because I get my shot done faster....then leads to more smoking. I'm not a 2 pack a day but I do smoke more then a pack.

I am embarrassed to say that honestly.

Mg question to the guys who have quit. How hard was it....how or what made u do it. I'm not a vapor guy. I've tried chantix. And nothing. Not even the sides.

O-town Beef is offline Junior Member
    I smoke cigarellos daily. Tried to stop but I like them. I started smoking at 30.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information