boisebeast is offline Member

Should Calories be Increased on Clen?

For someone NOT using any AAS, what is the optimal weekly weight loss rate for minimal muscle loss with clen ?

On non-clen weeks, say I lose 1 pound a week. Now when I start using clen and keep my diet and training exactly the same, say I am losing 3 pounds a week. Should I be increasing calories so that I only lose 2 pounds a week with the clen? This is what I've done in the past (usually increase carbs so that I'm only losing a maximum of 2 pounds a week on clen), but I'm not sure if it's optimal. Could someone provide some insight? Thanks

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    That would defeat the purpose of using stimulants.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Clen , T3, etc all increase your heartrate and metabolism to burn calories. Your three sources for energy are:

1. Carbs
    2, Fat
    3. Protein

Carbs translate to energy better than the rest and are recommended to be increased during Clen usage. Not increase overall calories..but increase carbs.

Optimal is you testing on what your body does. If it was a cookie cutter answer all bodybuilders would use Clen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte
    That would defeat the purpose of using stimulants.
    Can you elaborate on optimal weekly clen weight loss rates? You don't think 3 pounds a week would be too much (as it pertains to kuscle retention) for someone not using AAS?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier
    Clen, T3, etc all increase your heartrate and metabolism to burn calories. Your three sources for energy are: 1. Carbs 2, Fat 3. Protein Carbs translate to energy better than the rest and are recommended to be increased during Clen usage. Not increase overall calories..but increase carbs. Optimal is you testing on what your body does. If it was a cookie cutter answer all bodybuilders would use Clen.
    That's why I have chosen to increase carbs on the past with clen use, definitely helps fight the feel of lethargy for workouts. As I said to the other guy, I guess I'm struggling to understand if clen is anti catabolic enough for me to be losing over 2 pounds a week without losing much muscle

anyone?

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boisebeast View Post
    Can you elaborate on optimal weekly clen weight loss rates? You don't think 3 pounds a week would be too much (as it pertains to kuscle retention) for someone not using AAS?
    Im sorry but this is a dumb question. Its like asking "how much muscle can i gain on a cycle of aas". There are so many factors to answer this question. U can do a mathematical equation.
    Weight:
    Calories burned through the day:
    Workout calories:
    Cardio calories:
    TDEE:
    Metabolism rate:
    Rest heart rate:
    These are just some of the factors.

Quote Originally Posted by tice1212
    Im sorry but this is a dumb question. Its like asking "how much muscle can i gain on a cycle of aas". There are so many factors to answer this question. U can do a mathematical equation. Age: Height: Weight: Calories burned through the day: Workout calories: Cardio calories: TDEE: Metabolism rate: Rest heart rate: These are just some of the factors.
    You're completely misinterpreting my question...

I'm asking for optimal muscle retention rates, should I aim to lose a maximum of 2 pounds a week, or can clen burn more than without cutting into muscle

Haydenz is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Always increase protein on clen , it has a tendency to burn though alot of the food your eating, so i up mine by 20g for meal, so around 100g a day of lean protein, this is just something ive noticed.

Roger11 is offline Member
    No, do not increase calories on clen , you should be adjusting your TDEE every 5kg or so drop as it changes slighly. Just run clen throughout mate.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated

got fina? is offline Member
    IMO everybody is different and can loose different maximum amounts a week, before they start losing muscle.

When im cutting and trying to lose as much fat as possible i usually just listen to my body. I shoot for around 3 LBS a week and notice that if i try to lose any faster, i tend to start losing strength. I would try to lose as much as possible without letting your workouts and strength suffer too much.

Good luck!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    For someone NOT using any AAS, what is the optimal weekly weight loss rate for minimal muscle loss with clen ?

On non-clen weeks, say I lose 1 pound a week. Now when I start using clen and keep my diet and training exactly the same, say I am losing 3 pounds a week. Should I be increasing calories so that I only lose 2 pounds a week with the clen? This is what I've done in the past (usually increase carbs so that I'm only losing a maximum of 2 pounds a week on clen), but I'm not sure if it's optimal. Could someone provide some insight? Thanks

why wouldn't you just reduce your dose?

this doesn't make any sense

You could, but by manipulating calories instead you could get more carbs in for better workouts and perhaps reap more of the anti-catabolic effects as well
    Last edited by boisebeast; 10-24-2014 at 12:20 AM.

Jaydenn is offline Junior Member
    I would either reduce the dose, or
    reduce the cardio,
    cutting calories, doesn't make sense.
    Also so many things to consider said above, like TDEE...

You could, but by manipulating calories instead you could get more carbs in for better workouts and perhaps reap more of the anti-catabolic effects as well
    here's the thing mate. if you are experiencing gym fatigue, then you can shift more of the carbs you do eat, to fast burning carbs, like fruit. in fact, most of the carbs I eat are fruit based. made all the difference in the world to me. I eat something like 3/4 apples and 3/4 bananas a day, every day. regularly. additionally, you can shift your calories from fat to carbs. the machine has a lot of nobs on it, try fiddling with them and see what it does.

Bottom line, clen is for weight loss. and it's harsh.

be healthy and minimize harsh chemicals, and maximize whole foods.

give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    here's the thing mate. if you are experiencing gym fatigue, then you can shift more of the carbs you do eat, to fast burning carbs, like fruit. in fact, most of the carbs I eat are fruit based. made all the difference in the world to me. I eat something like 3/4 apples and 3/4 bananas a day, every day. regularly. additionally, you can shift your calories from fat to carbs. the machine has a lot of nobs on it, try fiddling with them and see what it does.

Bottom line, clen is for weight loss. and it's harsh.

be healthy and minimize harsh chemicals, and maximize whole foods.

give it a try
    Hmm I may give that a shot, thanks for the advice mate

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    here's the thing mate. if you are experiencing gym fatigue, then you can shift more of the carbs you do eat, to fast burning carbs, like fruit. in fact, most of the carbs I eat are fruit based. made all the difference in the world to me. I eat something like 3/4 apples and 3/4 bananas a day, every day. regularly. additionally, you can shift your calories from fat to carbs. the machine has a lot of nobs on it, try fiddling with them and see what it does. Bottom line, clen is for weight loss. and it's harsh. be healthy and minimize harsh chemicals, and maximize whole foods. give it a try
    That is a lot of excess sugar though TR. At least for me I couldn't justify that much fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    That is a lot of excess sugar though TR. At least for me I couldn't justify that much fruit.
    so if you are getting the proper amount of protein, and hit your target calories, what's the down side of getting your carbs from whole fruit as opposed to something grain or tuber based?

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    so if you are getting the proper amount of protein, and hit your target calories, what's the down side of getting your carbs from whole fruit as opposed to something grain or tuber based?
    I just would opt for veggies over fruit just because of the sugar content of the fruit. I completely understand what you are saying about the carbs though.

keekers1977 is offline New Member
    I've just started GOIN to gym about 8 weeks ago I'm 6 foot 12 and half stone ive started usin omnadec which is 200ml of test and 200 of deca in a mixed vial i take 1ml per week And I eat all the proper food and drink beef protein shakes along with creatine liquid under tongue in morning I was 12 stone wen I joined the gym so ive put on half a stone in 8 weeks will I finish this 10 week course of omnadec and take a break from it or buy more and stick to same dosage or do I have to use something else I really want to bulk up big ive got shsoe now but I want to bulk fast can any of you big chaos help me out here thank you for your time

Thread Information