Thread: blood work/test

lewisf09 is offline New Member

blood work/test

before i start my first cycle i was looking to have blood work done before and after my cycle. I live in England and dont think it would be that easy to have this done. What tests would i be looking to have? not to shaw where to start with this.

My cycle will be
    1-12 test 400-500mg
    nolva 10mg day
    clomid post cycle.

23 years
    185lb
    bf 15%

Thanks

Lewis

Jeff1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    check you Lipid panel, your Hepatic panel, and get a comperhensive Metabolic panel,
    that should do it .

darmadoc is offline Member
    You are only 23 years old, and your cycle is test only. I don't see that you are at risk for liver problems, and even if your lipids go up it will be for a very short time. So, I don't really see a need for blood work. I'd just check my blood pressure weekly if I were you.

Jeff1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    yo better be safe then sorry I am just parinoid I guess.
    I love pharmacology I Myself I want to remain unscathed
    by drugs so thus I may take them for longer periods of time.

If you plan on long term gear use, or plan on using orals, I agree with blood work. Of course, you need to be willing to quit the gear if the results get abnormal.

youg'un is offline Associate Member
    Always a good idea to have blood work done. It gives you a good idea where your at and also can help determine the effectiveness of your cycle. I dont belive any doctor can refuse to have you tested i think its your right to know whats going on with your body.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by darmadoc
    So, I don't really see a need for blood work.
    That is horrible advise. IMO, blood work is a must for any cycle.

Lewis, your going to want to get a bio-chem profile. If your interested in the specifics of the test , then let me know and I'll list them for reference.

Explain to me why you think blood work is a must for any cycle. What exactly are you going to look for and, more importantly, what are you going to do with the data.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by darmadoc
    Explain to me why you think blood work is a must for any cycle. What exactly are you going to look for and, more importantly, what are you going to do with the data.
    I get monitored every 3wks while on cycle to make sure things are going OK with my body. At the very least, I think it's important to have blood work done before and after a cycle to at least see if levels have stabilized. It's a precaution, and a MUST if your entering into the decision to experiment with hormones in the safest manner possible.
    To blindly use your body as a test tube experiment is just plain ignorant. Things should be monitered in case the worst happens, and i would never expect a person who has AS experience or medical experience for that matter to advise a person he does not need blood work before he endulges in the Steroid venture.
    So to specifically answer your questions
    1. I'm looking for normal levels as a reference to varify that things are back to normal after a cyce. I'm looking for anything that might be worng before during, or after the cycle that could jeopardize my health. Call it piece of mind.
    2. If nothing comes up, I'm going to file the data and if needed, use it for reference in future decisions involving AS. If the chance happening arises that their is a health concern, then I have data to show me where to start to alleviate the problem.

Thread Information