Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Docd187123

Thread: Opinion on Marc Lobliner's "on for life" approach to steroids (not cycling off)

Opinion on Marc Lobliner's "on for life" approach to steroids (not cycling off)

For those who don't know Marc Lobliner is a fitness youtuber who is also CEO of Tigerfitness.com. He recently made a video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNIao1Y7Dzk ) talking about among other things his opinion that the detrimental effects of cycling are not worth it (blowing up and shooting down, cortisol, etc). He suggests that once your on, it's either low dose or high dose for life. Agree or disagree? Thanks again guys

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Can't stand the guy either way

JackedJesse is offline Junior Member
    I agree and so does my doctor.

tectime is offline Member
    Don't know the guy but I think once you start down the road of steroid use staying on is the best method. I didn't start taking steroids till I turned 48 and I started then due to vanity I didn't know anything about hrt at that time but shooting tes at that age well.... The choice to stay on was easy after that first cycle. Keep making and keep the results or cycle off and hope I could pop back up to where I was before haha. 52 now and loving it!

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    I do agree with him.

Efficiency wise staying on is the way to go.
    And cycling do not make sence considering that you are likely to end up in TRT anyway...

Plus, steroid should not be a thing you do and stop. It is a serious commitement, and so is training.

And healthwise I believe that cruising is healthier than playing yoyo with natural level.

Just my .02

gold43 is offline Associate Member
    That guy is a douche that only wants to sell his product. He knows quite a bit about steroids and cycling to claim natural. I think he's full of shit and he cycles!

The point of steroid cycles is to keep gaining. You need to come off cycle and give your body the benefit of recovery. Then you cycle to keep making gains. Staying on cycle is not beneficial. If you cycle and pct properly you will recover. The older you get, the more you will lean towards needed TRT eventually.
    Last edited by gold43; 10-29-2014 at 06:57 PM.

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gold43 View Post
    That guy is a douche that only wants to sell his product. He knows quite a bit about steroids and cycling to claim natural. I think he's full of shit and he cycles!

The point of steroid cycles is to keep gaining. You need to come off cycle and give your body the benefit of recovery. Then you cycle to keep making gains. Staying on cycle is not beneficial. If you cycle and pct properly you will recover. The older you get, the more you will lean towards needed TRT eventually.
    He is clearly not cycling.
    He is on gear year round.
    I dont think he claim natty. If so its only for legal purpose.
    But if I remember well, he talked about his steroid use in few of his video...

But anyway cycling or cruise/blast have both their benefit and their negatives...
    Depending on what you value the most, it depends on the individual.

Healthwise however I dont see how playing yoyo and using more drugs can be healthier...
    Cause yes cycling require more drugs.
    Need nolva and clomid + to equal the same gain as staying on you will tend toward using more gear each time you cycle.

Thats the way I see it.

I would love to see real studies comparing both method on several years...

Quote Originally Posted by gold43 View Post

Appreciate your response but he has never claimed he is currently a natty. He hints that he's on all the time. Thanks for your input though

against_grain is offline Junior Member
    I agree with the guys point that once people start, its very likely that it becomes a lifestyle. Perhaps someone could do 1-3 cycles over a 5 year span and come off and recover. It is far more likely for people to go on, and remain on a blast/cruise program for their whole life.

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    I definitely agree with the high dose low dose, blast cruise. Personally that's what I do. Works well, and I can keep my self very healthy as well. Regular blood work, and general maturity and consciousness about what you are doing is important. This is absolutely a lifestyle, and I will be doing it for life.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    I am one 20-week cycle in and a noob but I will say this.

I do not smoke, drink, or do other obviously harmful habits to my body. I work my ass off being a good man to multiple women, treat my fellow man in public with respect, and understand that AAS are serious business....so serious I start med-school next year to finish up my work so I can start my residency and get to being an actual endo/urologist. With that said it is all about respect in your life.

Sitting at a bar puffing a pack a day and downing 5 brewskies after work while snacking on deep fried chicken wings

vs

pinning 100 test P and doing 300 reps in the gym every day

I will take the latter. Who will live longer? I am willing to bet the guy in the gym and on test. Who will have a better quality of life? Having multiple 18-21 yr old gfs sure is hard to top in my book while in the gym than the burned out hags puffing the bars complain how life passed them by.

As tdoe says

Regular blood work, and general maturity and consciousness about what you are doing is important. This is absolutely a lifestyle, and I will be doing it for life.

What are you doing for the rest of your life? Answer: Being a stud..how about you Mr 3 packs plus a week? Of all the bad things you could be doing..this is the best bad thing you can do if you can handle the responsibility of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post

I do not smoke, drink, or do other obviously harmful habits to my body. I work my ass off being a good man to multiple women, treat my fellow man in public with respect, and understand that AAS are serious business....so serious I start med-school next year to finish up my work so I can start my residency and get to being an actual endo/urologist. With that said it is all about respect in your life.

Sitting at a bar puffing a pack a day and downing 5 brewskies after work while snacking on deep fried chicken wings

vs

I will take the latter. Who will live longer? I am willing to bet the guy in the gym and on test. Who will have a better quality of life? Having multiple 18-21 yr old gfs sure is hard to top in my book while in the gym than the burned out hags puffing the bars complain how life passed them by.

As tdoe says

Regular blood work, and general maturity and consciousness about what you are doing is important. This is absolutely a lifestyle, and I will be doing it for life.

What are you doing for the rest of your life? Answer: Being a stud..how about you Mr 3 packs plus a week? Of all the bad things you could be doing..this is the best bad thing you can do if you can handle the responsibility of it.
    I totally agree with you. I sell 200+ tobacco products a day where I work, and they are 100% more addicting, harmful, and otherwise detrimental. It baffles me how many people who come in buy the stuff. But steroids have a purpose behind their use-to make you better. Not satisfy an addiction.

XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post

vs

As tdoe says

Lets talk when you are in PCT, and you won’t get it up not even with a crane....
    Anyways, I can’t stand that guy of Tiger Fitness. First I think he’s a lyer, he’s on roids year round, check out his T-Jar. Second, he’s full of bullshit, and I get headaches after 1min of listening to him.
    I totally disagree with him, you can cycle on-off and maintain some gains. I got mates, they cycled, and now they have a perfect shape, they are able to maintain that naturally. That’s my goal, and I reached my goal this summer, now if I can maintain my gains, I probably won’t cycle again.... or do one last cycle, but very light one.

swolehead is offline Member
    I hate this guy he was just at my gym last month total dick head walks around like he owns the gym.was doing lat pull down with the whole rack causing a scene I can rep it for 10 in silence no need for the attention he's a hot head

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AllKindsOGains View Post
    I totally agree with you. I sell 200+ tobacco products a day where I work, and they are 100% more addicting, harmful, and otherwise detrimental. It baffles me how many people who come in buy the stuff. But steroids have a purpose behind their use-to make you better. Not satisfy an addiction.
    Steroids most certainly do satisfy an addiction. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking otherwise.
    Last edited by Docd187123; 10-31-2014 at 09:27 AM.
    tarmyg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    Steroids most certainly do satisfy an addiction. Let's not cool ourselves into thinking otherwise.
    That’s true, being, a steroids -fanboy doesn’t mean you’re imune to roids side effects.

ozraw is offline New Member
    steroids are probably one of the most addictive/dependable things there is, obviously not on par with things like coca and heroienn

but think about all the people who are addicted to body image and staying on forever

my cycles and blasts in the past have led to me needing TRT for the rest of my life, not that im complaining but its still a pain in the ass and I feel sorry for my nuts

Quote Originally Posted by ozraw View Post
    steroids are probably one of the most addictive/dependable things there is, obviously not on par with things like coca and heroienn

but think about all the people who are addicted to body image and staying on forever

my cycles and blasts in the past have led to me needing TRT for the rest of my life, not that im complaining but its still a pain in the ass and I feel sorry for my nuts
    Thanks for turning the tide for me guys. I can definitely see how steroids could be/are as addicting as anything. And I am definitely not a steroid "fanboy" lol just see them as not as pointless as tobacco. Thanks

roids1 is offline New Member
    What happens if you are staying on for life and run out of supply?

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roids1
    What happens if you are staying on for life and run out of supply?
    I guess you are not staying on for life then?

If you are coke or heroin addict, and you run out of supply, you simply get deintoxicated. If you’re addicted to Test (you’re on TRT), you run out of supply, yo turn into a crying little bitsch.

Can someone please clarify why trt becomes necessary? Even though the body no longer has to produce testosterone on-cycle, once you're off it seems like the body should, even if it takes a while, eventually reach homeostasis again and begin natural production, especially with a proper pct.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllKindsOGains View Post
    Can someone please clarify why trt becomes necessary? Even though the body no longer has to produce testosterone on-cycle, once you're off it seems like the body should, even if it takes a while, eventually reach homeostasis again and begin natural production, especially with a proper pct.
    There are no guarantees when it comes to the hpta. Even with proper pct some may never produce test to the same pre cycle level. Also it seems the longer you are on and the longer the system is shut down, the more difficult it becomes for it to resume function especially to your pre steroid using levels. Some endocrine systems like the thyroids for example, are very resiliant and seem to be able to be shut down or supressed for very long periods of time and they resume function quickly and fully, this does not seem to be the case with the hpta and the result is very individual.

Thread Information