Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By marcus300

Thread: Things you weren't ready for on your first cycle?

Things you weren't ready for on your first cycle?

What are some things that you admit you weren't prepared for? Maybe physical changes in the body, the amount of products you would need, the psychological effects, etc. Responses are really helpful especially to eventual newbies like me so I can be more prepared. Thanks so much!

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    To be honest my first cycle was fairly mild and I didn't experience anything too shocking that i wasn't ready for. This will go doubly true for you if you do the research and plan it properly. If we are talking typical test cycles the only major side effects I noticed was a gradual increase in strength and muscular endurance, and sex drive.

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllKindsOGains
    What are some things that you admit you weren't prepared for? Maybe physical changes in the body, the amount of products you would need, the psychological effects, etc. Responses are really helpful especially to eventual newbies like me so I can be more prepared. Thanks so much!
    Didn't expect so many people to notice and question me about my physical change. And that was a test only cycle.

swolehead is offline Member
    I did a sust cycle with a prop Kickstart definatly was not ready for sumtimes injecting 3 days in a row had to learn injection spots quick

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swolehead
    I did a sust cycle with a prop Kickstart definatly was not ready for sumtimes injecting 3 days in a row had to learn injection spots quick
    Why would you do a prop kick start with sust?

I was ready for it all!! Except for the constant erections...

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    Wasnt reasy for my oil that had so muh BA in it making injection damn painfull.

And I neglected the acne. I didnt though I was prone so I didnt prepare myself for it.
    I had Lots of backne...

Also stretch mark... Gained 25 pounds in one year. Now I have some stretch mark on my chest both side.

swolehead is offline Member
    it was suposed to be just a prop cycle and then I was unable to get anything besides sustenon so I started it right away so I would have as little fluctuation as posible. beginner mistake I won't make again starting without everything on hand

Quote Originally Posted by swolehead
    it was suposed to be just a prop cycle and then I was unable to get anything besides sustenon so I started it right away so I would have as little fluctuation as posible. beginner mistake I won't make again starting without everything on hand
    I gotcha

jesse4466 is offline Member
    I wasn't ready for the PIP. Wasn't able to walk normally for the first 5-6 weeks. That was harsh.

Deal Me In is offline Member
    I didn't listen about proper PCT. This caused me to not recover fully and fast enough for my taste. Also, 11 years ago we didn't know about HcG during cycle. This seems to help a great deal.

Swoleroid is offline Junior Member
    Erections, acne in weird spots ( it was on the neck for me along with some hair ), facial hair growing back fast, hunger increase, lethargic mood weeks 1-2 but had many very vivid intense dreams..., chest stretch marks, increased sweat during workouts, and in the beginning I would randomly wake up in the middle of the night because of elevated heat but it was probably my body just adjusting. All from my personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoleroid View Post
    Erections, acne in weird spots ( it was on the neck for me along with some hair ), facial hair growing back fast, hunger increase, lethargic mood weeks 1-2 but had many very vivid intense dreams..., chest stretch marks, increased sweat during workouts, and in the beginning I would randomly wake up in the middle of the night because of elevated heat but it was probably my body just adjusting. All from my personal experience.
    Do all these things still happen? Or was this just the first time? Thanks bro

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    At your age your better researching how to eat correctly and also what different training styles will your body respond to. Your years away from cycling IMHO and the best thing you can do is look into these two areas because these are the key components to building and maintaining muscle tissue. Shutting down your HPTA before its fully developed and matured isn't a wise thing to do and the sides can be very harsh and for many its a waste of time due to they not fully understanding how to eat to build and how to train properly, you may think you do know but trust me you wont at your age. With steroids some have had reactions others don't but one thing is for sure shutting down your natural test at your age is not wise and is defiantly not needed. I guarantee I could put more muscle on your frame without steroids at 19yrs old than any cycle can and I mean keepable gains
    almostgone and Honkey_Kong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    At your age your better researching how to eat correctly and also what different training styles will your body respond to. Your years away from cycling IMHO and the best thing you can do is look into these two areas because these are the key components to building and maintaining muscle tissue. Shutting down your HPTA before its fully developed and matured isn't a wise thing to do and the sides can be very harsh and for many its a waste of time due to they not fully understanding how to eat to build and how to train properly, you may think you do know but trust me you wont at your age. With steroids some have had reactions others don't but one thing is for sure shutting down your natural test at your age is not wise and is defiantly not needed. I guarantee I could put more muscle on your frame without steroids at 19yrs old than any cycle can and I mean keepable gains
    Hey marcus, I really appreciate your post. I understand your concern, and believe me, I am not ignorant to the risks. I do however believe that as an adult I do possess the ability to make an informed and responsible decision, especially when the risks are to myself alone. I understand a lot about diet and training, as I have been researching them for years. I of course have a lot left to learn, as do all of us, but I do have a solid base. I hope that you can understand my point of view as I understand yours. When I do decide to begin steroids , whether that be tomorrow or years from now, I will be as prepared as I can be, both for the risks and the commitment. Thanks again man

Quote Originally Posted by AllKindsOGains View Post
    Hey marcus, I really appreciate your post. I understand your concern, and believe me, I am not ignorant to the risks. I do however believe that as an adult I do possess the ability to make an informed and responsible decision, especially when the risks are to myself alone. I understand a lot about diet and training, as I have been researching them for years. I of course have a lot left to learn, as do all of us, but I do have a solid base. I hope that you can understand my point of view as I understand yours. When I do decide to begin steroids, whether that be tomorrow or years from now, I will be as prepared as I can be, both for the risks and the commitment. Thanks again man
    I disagree but I kind of knew you was going to say something like that, at 19yrs old you don't need steroids and IMHO the risks overwhelm the benefits but at your age you wont understand that because you haven't seen and been through what someone who has been cycling longer than you have been alive as. I stick with my statement that your need to research diet and training more for further gains.

There isn't an exact age were we all stop developing and growing because this is determined by our genes and DNA, we are all genetically programmed individually and we inherit our genes from our parents. To give an exact age we stop growing would be incorrect because everyone's genetic blueprint is different.The main development of our bodies is up to the age of 21yrs of age but this can vary between individuals. There are parts of our bodies what carry on developing and adjusting slowly up until the age of 25yrs old, an example of this is the brain. The Endocrine system is a part of the brain what is very complex and keeps our bodies in a homeostasis state. Our testosterone levels start raising and roughly peak around 25yrs old and then start to slowly decline, so even though some of us may have stopped growing at the age of 21yrs old, others may still be developing up until the age of 25yrs old.

I have recently spoken to my Endo regarding this matter and he tells me that the HPTA is very sensitive and as many pathways how it regulates the human body, he states steroids disrupt the normal balance of hormones in the body which can cause reversible and irreversible changes at any age but risks are far more if you administrate exogenous androgens during development, this will put you in a very unnatural environment at a crucial time and your hormones should be treated with care especially in the early stages of maturity. The adverse effects can be erratic behaviour of the HPTA and potentially therapy when your older.

I did ask him what age he would think would be the safest as far as risk to damages and he said many endocrinologist suggest full maturation is reached by 25 years of age and this would also give the HPTA time to be established with your natural hormone balance and patterns. I personally feel 24-25yrs old would also be ideal starting point to get bloodwrok drawn to see exact what your natural levels are before starting any kind of cycles and waiting till you have reach your testosterone peak would be a good starting point, for me there is to much evidence over the forums and what I've seen personally over the last 25yrs I've been bodybuilding. Obviously it isn't going to be all 19- 21yr old bodybuilders who suffer side effects what are irreversible but I am edging on the side of caution what age I advice to the newbies.
    Marcus

I cant do or say anymore, I'm out of here but one last thing you should listen because one day you will agree with me

jesse4466 is offline Member
    The side effects are nothing to joke with. I'm certain my body as a teenager would have had a horrible reaction to steroids if I took them that young.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I disagree but I kind of knew you was going to say something like that, at 19yrs old you don't need steroids and IMHO the risks overwhelm the benefits but at your age you wont understand that because you haven't seen and been through what someone who has been cycling longer than you have been alive as. I stick with my statement that your need to research diet and training more for further gains.

There isn't an exact age were we all stop developing and growing because this is determined by our genes and DNA, we are all genetically programmed individually and we inherit our genes from our parents. To give an exact age we stop growing would be incorrect because everyone's genetic blueprint is different.The main development of our bodies is up to the age of 21yrs of age but this can vary between individuals. There are parts of our bodies what carry on developing and adjusting slowly up until the age of 25yrs old, an example of this is the brain. The Endocrine system is a part of the brain what is very complex and keeps our bodies in a homeostasis state. Our testosterone levels start raising and roughly peak around 25yrs old and then start to slowly decline, so even though some of us may have stopped growing at the age of 21yrs old, others may still be developing up until the age of 25yrs old.

I have recently spoken to my Endo regarding this matter and he tells me that the HPTA is very sensitive and as many pathways how it regulates the human body, he states steroids disrupt the normal balance of hormones in the body which can cause reversible and irreversible changes at any age but risks are far more if you administrate exogenous androgens during development, this will put you in a very unnatural environment at a crucial time and your hormones should be treated with care especially in the early stages of maturity. The adverse effects can be erratic behaviour of the HPTA and potentially therapy when your older.

I did ask him what age he would think would be the safest as far as risk to damages and he said many endocrinologist suggest full maturation is reached by 25 years of age and this would also give the HPTA time to be established with your natural hormone balance and patterns. I personally feel 24-25yrs old would also be ideal starting point to get bloodwrok drawn to see exact what your natural levels are before starting any kind of cycles and waiting till you have reach your testosterone peak would be a good starting point, for me there is to much evidence over the forums and what I've seen personally over the last 25yrs I've been bodybuilding. Obviously it isn't going to be all 19- 21yr old bodybuilders who suffer side effects what are irreversible but I am edging on the side of caution what age I advice to the newbies.
    Marcus

I cant do or say anymore, I'm out of here but one last thing you should listen because one day you will agree with me
    Marcus do you mind me asking when you started?

Marcus do you mind me asking when you started?
    I started training around 17-18yrs old - I build a serious base from hard training and fully understanding how to take my body to failure to stimulate the most possible, this cant happen over night its takes many yrs to find out what you respond to and what kind of training style is more suited for your goals. I also learnt so much from certain people who were training up and coming pro's who won the Mr O in the future, I was taught how to eat to gain mass and use my natural test to its fullest.

I started steroids around 24yrs old and experimented in many ways with many different stacks and cycles, I started TRT around the 35-37yrs old because I had test level of an 85 yr old man and I was living in hell in a daily basis

tice1212 is offline Productive Member

Hey marcus, I really appreciate your post. I understand your concern, and believe me, I am not ignorant to the risks. I do however believe that as an adult I do possess the ability to make an informed and responsible decision, especially when the risks are to myself alone. I understand a lot about diet and training, as I have been researching them for years. I of course have a lot left to learn, as do all of us, but I do have a solid base. I hope that you can understand my point of view as I understand yours. When I do decide to begin steroids, whether that be tomorrow or years from now, I will be as prepared as I can be, both for the risks and the commitment. Thanks again man
    I disagree with u too.. Ur not an adult. I to thought i was the "shit" at 19. Haha was i wrong!.. ur to young plus u have so much more natural potential to grow. Take the time and enjoy ur natural gains. Gains that will be solid!. Listen from my experience don't do it wait until ur 25ish. U will come back and thank us all.. So will ur girlfriend

Thread Information