lauren94 is offline Female Member

Var & Birth Control

I recently read in a thread that women can't take steroids and birth control together. What's the reason for this? I'm currently taking a birth control pill that contains synthetic Progestin (I think that's what it's called...the specific pill is called Levora).

I want to do a cycle of Var. I haven't done a cycle yet, but want to make sure I'm fully educated before I start. I also read that you can use an IUD while on a cycle and that's better than taking the pill, anyone have input on that?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Honestly, not a ton is known on the subject, since there are no studies on the subject, and there aren't too many women who use AAS and are educated in these matters. Estradiol pills will reduce the effectiveness of AAS (for aesthetics, at least), since estrogen will cause you to hold more water. And the AAS could conceivably antagonize estrogen enough to allow the release of an egg (though not too likely, since steroids themselves have a suppressive effect on the menstrual cycle). So they kinda each work against each other.

I don't think a progesterone-only pill would cause issues.

Okay, so it's not necessarily harmful to my health to take the pill at the same time as Var.. Just less effective? I'm interested to see if anyone else knows about the IUD or if the Progesterone-only pill is good to go.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren94 View Post
    Okay, so it's not necessarily harmful to my health to take the pill at the same time as Var.. Just less effective? I'm interested to see if anyone else knows about the IUD or if the Progesterone-only pill is good to go.
    Not exactly.

Technically speaking, as expounded by Bona there may be less definition but Var's properties are generally potent enough to negate birth control (bc) counter effects. Nevertheless, with regard to effectiveness, you'll still receive all the other marvelous Var properties, i.e., weight, strength, muscle, hardness, recovery, etc. The question posited by Bona, and I don't think most women [presuming most are on birth control, which I believe is a safe presumption] experience any decisive aesthetic loss [you'd have to confer with those who've run it on and off bc], or to put it another way...they still receive improved aesthetic properties (definition, hardness, vascularity, etc.). If this wasn't the case, Var wouldn't be considered such a great female compound [again assuming most are on bc], but in the absence of conclusive clinical data there's always room for conjecture.

Bottom line...when taken in conjunction with a good training and dietary regimen, Var delivers solid all-around results for women regardless of bc. Ironically, in your interviews you may find that some women receive greater Var effects while on bc than off due to certain estrogen's augmentation of aas, but again that's unfounded conjecture.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

Quote Originally Posted by magic32 View Post
    Technically speaking, as expounded by Bona there may be less definition but Var's properties are generally potent enough to negate birth control (bc) counter effects.

Ironically, in your interviews you may find that some women receive greater Var effects while on bc than off due to certain estrogen's augmentation of aas, but again that's unfounded conjecture.
    So it won't negate Var's effects, but Var can make my bc less effective?

My pill doesn't contain any estrogen, just progesterone.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Lauren. I am no longer using birth control. I used pill for years eventually moving to a cervical cap. I didn't like the weight gain side and the other device suited my lifestyle. Whereas IUD r inserted by doctors for up to 5 years in duration. It also has to be removed by a physician.

My experience with var is limited. I was introducing estrogen as well and the water retention was severe on me even at very Lowe dosage. I could have faked var and found another source but haven't cycled with new stuff yet.

There's a detailed post in the female only forum on birth control and var. request pink for access if you haven't already.

Thread Information