The biggest misconception about roids...

I would just like to make it clear for everyone who believes roids "give" you gains and "make" you have big muscles, that this popular myth is bullshit. Every day, friends of mine try and take away everything I've done simply by saying "you're on roids," and then for some reason everything all the gains I've made don't count. I am sick of this misconception... as many intelligent members on this board agree roids are simply catalysts, boosters that "help," but you still need to work your ass off, eat right, get proper amounts of sleep, and be focused on your goals. Otherwise, roids won't don't do jack. So for everyone who believes that gains made by people on this board don't count, realize you are wrong... and I don't care if only one person who believes this myth sees this post and changes their mind, because in my opinion, this is the biggest misconception about AS by a long shot, and I am sick of hearing bros of mine, guys at my gym, and even myself getting dissed on for taking roids, because apparently, roids "do" everything for you. Well, roids don't do anything for you, you do everything for yourself.
    Peace bros,

HUGE PRESSER
    Last edited by Huge Presser; 06-14-2003 at 06:21 PM.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Couldnt have said it any better myself. I gotta admit though, before I knew about steroids , I thought they were a cheap and wimpy ass way to get big. But now I realize it takes alot of dedication and hard work to achieve what your goals.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    great post, said it perfectly

Ammar: lol bro... that's what I'm sayin... everyone who hasn't researched the stuff just thinks it's a cheap way to do everything for you. Thanks for the responses bros.
    Peace,
    HUGE PRESSER

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry huge presser, but you are probably telling an audience that least needs to hear this. Of course this should be told to the media and all of the "haters", but I'm sure every last one of us know's what type of dedication you need to stay on top of things. It's true, but I think we all know it to be true already. Not a new's flash for the AR crowd.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with you wholeheartedly, but it seems to me like the guys who pass off your (or my) gains as just a result of "juicing" are the little skinny guys who are most likely jealous of your stature. Anybody can be small. It's being bigger than the average guy that takes the dedication in every aspect of your life that they fail to see. I say the hell with them, who gives a shit what they think. The best answer you could give someone like that is "OK." Nothing more, nothing less.

-moto

True bro, but I have seen shit people posted about how roids are pathetic and an easy way to get big... but not in a while at least . Wish there was an anti-steroid website I could go to and bitch out all those dudes... hell I think we all wish that sometimes.
    But thanks for the comment, it's true, I just wanted to get something up cuz I think it's important.

HUGE PRESSER

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Whoisdaman
    I'm sorry huge presser, but you are probably telling an audience that least needs to hear this. Of course this should be told to the media and all of the "haters", but I'm sure every last one of us know's what type of dedication you need to stay on top of things. It's true, but I think we all know it to be true already. Not a new's flash for the AR crowd.
    true.

Originally posted by motoxxxguy
    I agree with you wholeheartedly, but it seems to me like the guys who pass off your (or my) gains as just a result of "juicing" are the little skinny guys who are most likely jealous of your stature. Anybody can be small. It's being bigger than the average guy that takes the dedication in every aspect of your life that they fail to see. I say the hell with them, who gives a shit what they think. The best answer you could give someone like that is "OK." Nothing more, nothing less.

-moto
    Well said bro.

HUGE PRESSER

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Whoisdaman
    True that - but there are currently 119 people browsing the forums this second, 64 are registered memebers. People looking into making descions to use AAS will find there way here. AnabolicReview.com is positioned high on the search engines and is a starting point for a lot of people trying to make educated descions on how or if they should use. Remember this one?

Good post. AAS is a supplement not a magic pill... they do little for nonathletic people. Shit - for awhile the medical community refused they even worked for athletic/muscle enhancement. But there studies proved to be invalid because any using athletes - bodybuilders especially, are proven examples.

AAS will only take you as far as you let them with proper diet and trianing - just like your natural androgen levels do. They just give you a better envoironment for results - an edge...

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Good point Warrior, I really just took the normal poster's into consideration... never thought about the guests.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    i wonder why i never had this problem, no matter how built i get, ppl say are u on steroids and i say" wtf, never, i just started up on some nitro-tech and cell-tech with ZMA and whey isolate and man, i get sick results" plus when bulking try to wear baggy clothes, i do, so everyone thinks im fat. like the other day a few guys i no said, shit ur gettiin fat, we went to the gym, i took off my shirt in change roo mto put on tank top! mouths drop ! nuff said !

dont sweat it guys, just tell them to fuck off and ignore them. when guys say u take roids, just say "damn i look that good" it means they are jealous of you.

regards !

tdzzii72 is offline Associate Member
    Great post.
    I also thought when you take steroids that you just sit back and get big. Now that I found out about it, it is the complete opposite. I am working my ass off and eating right, not drinking alcohol when I go out to a bar(which kinda sucks) but I have dedicated myself and in now way want to mess this up.
    It is actually a new lifestyle which has been much better than my old habits. (Drugs & alcohol).
    Personally I thinks working out, eating right, and taking AS as a tool is much better than what I was into before.
    Most of my friends are on my case about doing this, but they are uneducated about AS. In their mind they also think you get big with no effort.

I think most of them are just jealous, because when I take my shirt of at the beach this summer all the ladies are going wet themselves. =)

Power-BB is offline Associate Member
    Yeah I agree people don't understand. It's fucked up but i don't even bother with them. The ignorant already made up their minds and theres basically not a damn thing you can really do to change it.

Power

lol... very good Nocturnal...
    I agree... taking roids does promote a healthier lifestyle because your goals suddenly become more realistic and you are ready to work hard. Can't wait to head up to the resovoir (no beaches in this shithole town) and walk around, seeing what the girls do... I just have to get a fucking tan first

HUGE PRESSER
    Last edited by Huge Presser; 06-14-2003 at 08:12 PM.

chevy44 is offline Member
    when i started out my "journey to the darkside" i researched AS for days and days ( i still do) but i remember reading a thread just like this where someone was saying that when on juice u have to work 10times harder than u do when ur not on, and that u have to eat right and blah blah blah, and all i was thinking "yeah right, i canjust sit down and grow if i juice" .................hahahahboy was i wrong!

Jeff1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    ya man I have been told that I buy my muscles damn that ticks me off soo bad.
    Mind you some of these pricks are the ones telling me about roid disease =)
    AKA what they really mean is roid rage . I bet if the they could source some they
    would jump on the band wagon right quick..

Danzig47 is offline New Member
    Spot on bro this lad i know down the gym has got hold of some Dbol and is doing a cycle (tried to tell him Dbol aint the best on its own) and he is on his 3rd week he hasn`t turned in to Arnie yet so is now taking 50mg per day thinking this will give him instant muscels there is no telling this guy though so i stay away from him.

btrain is offline Junior Member
    When I started researching AS I thought after one cycle I would be huge then I actually learned about them. and I realized how much work is involved. I had a friend do a cycle and when he started it seemed like he quit going to the gym, and then he has the nerve to ask why havent I gained anything, needless to say he now has respect for AS.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    theres a big thing to keep in mind here.......

we're considered a group on the fringes. as long as misconceptions exist surrounding steroid use , there will always be haters.

besides, its much easier to be completely sedentary, and point fingers. this gives the lazy folks the excuse to do just that. if you have anywhere near a decent body, its the drugs.
    i could say a lot more, but this is sore subject with me, mainly because it will always be this way.

peace I4L

BRUISER is offline Junior Member
    My brother-in-law thought the same way, so he did a cycle of D-ball and Fina for 6 weeks, he gained 20lbs ang was loving it untill he stopped going to the gym when the cycle ended. He then asked me "how come you stay big even when your not on something and I wet back to normal" "Dedacation and knowledge my friend" I told him.

Umberto is offline Junior Member
    Ok I have nothing against steroid use at all.
    But, LETS BE HONEST, when you have 4 times the normal level of anabolic hormones floating around in your blood, It makes it A LOT easier to maintain and build muscle. (with proper nutrition)
    It increases recovery, increases your willingness to train, increses anabolism and pretty much stops catabolism.

I believe steroid users for the most part are dedicated and commited to improving their bodies.

BUT, You wanna talk about hard work?
    HARD WORK IS TRYING TO BUILD MUSCLE NATURALLY. That take Real dedication and focus to suceed. And is one of the hardest things to do.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member

Re: The biggest misconception about roids...

Originally posted by Huge Presser
    I would just like to make it clear for everyone who believes roids "give" you gains and "make" you have big muscles, that this popular myth is bullshit. Every day, friends of mine try and take away everything I've done simply by saying "you're on roids," and then for some reason everything all the gains I've made don't count. I am sick of this misconception... as many intelligent members on this board agree roids are simply catalysts, boosters that "help," but you still need to work your ass off, eat right, get proper amounts of sleep, and be focused on your goals. Otherwise, roids won't don't do jack. So for everyone who believes that gains made by people on this board don't count, realize you are wrong... and I don't care if only one person who believes this myth sees this post and changes their mind, because in my opinion, this is the biggest misconception about AS by a long shot, and I am sick of hearing bros of mine, guys at my gym, and even myself getting dissed on for taking roids, because apparently, roids "do" everything for you. Well, roids don't do anything for you, you do everything for yourself.
    Peace bros
    HUGE PRESSER
    I am going to make a copy of this and give it to all the skinny haters that think they will be as big as me if they would juice up.

still growin is offline Member
    When people tell me I look the way I do because of steroids alone, I just tell them to do a few quick cycles and catch up to me then. It sounds easy right? Good luck man lol

Mentalism is offline Junior Member
    Juicers are willing to plunge into the depths of hell, risk prison time, side effects and countless rumors etc. to acheive their goals. And all the MOFOers who say we're lazy, don't realize we work and sacrafice TWICE as much as they or anyone else does.

Oh ya.. that and 95% of society is undereducated and just generally ignorant about gear. Heavy is the head that wears the crown, for ignorance is bliss.

Jeff1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    =)

Originally posted by Umberto
    Ok I have nothing against steroid use at all.
    But, LETS BE HONEST, when you have 4 times the normal level of anabolic hormones floating around in your blood, It makes it A LOT easier to maintain and build muscle. (with proper nutrition)
    It increases recovery, increases your willingness to train, increses anabolism and pretty much stops catabolism.

I believe steroid users for the most part are dedicated and commited to improving their bodies.

BUT, You wanna talk about hard work?
    HARD WORK IS TRYING TO BUILD MUSCLE NATURALLY. That take Real dedication and focus to suceed. And is one of the hardest things to do.
    And surely it is... I have only recently jumped over onto the darkside, and I know what you mean about building muscle naturally. You aren't a "hater"... much respect to you.
    I just can't stand when people take things away from you for being on roids.

Peace bros,

HUGE PRESSER

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    umberto,
    anyone willing to hit the gym on a consistent basis has my respect, and always will.
    i want you and the the other natural brothers out there to know that i dont include any of you or them in my description as a hater.

my beef is with the totally sedentary people that have no clue what goes on with any of us, darkside, or natural. to me, they have no right to say anything at all regarding my body, or the way i go about using it.

all you have to do is look at them, the physique on a person of that nature speaks for itself.......

peace I4L

Umberto is offline Junior Member
    Iron4life and hugepresser,

I respect you guys because I know you guys are gymrats that have built up naturally first. You didnt jump on the bandwagon and juice before you knew what a squat rack was.
    And I know you guys do it safely and wisely and research your stuff.
    You guys take calculated risks to improve yourselves.

YOU GUYS ARE NOT DRUG USERS. You are not 15 year old 120lb bastards wanting to get big. You guys plan your cycles sometimes months or years in advance and have backup plans.
    THAT TAKES COMMITMENT AND DEDICATION.

Its just that youve reached your genetic potential naturally and have GRADUATED to the next level. (YOUR NOT TAKING SHORTCUTS)
    Ive been working out 6 years and im not there yet.

When I "graduate" Ill ask smart, hardworking, knowledgable guys like you for advice.

Thanks bro.
    Much respect to all those who spend years and years building up naturally, cuz I know it's hard shit.
    I hope someone reads this shit and learns something... hell that's what AR is all about right ?
    Peace bros,

HP

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by chevy44
    when i started out my "journey to the darkside"
    Hey bro...I have a patent on that quote....watch how you use it!

Derek19yrs is offline Junior Member
    Hey,
    This is what I think of roids. You have to picture it like your body is a car engine and roids are nitrous. You can't bolt on a nitrous kit on a stock motor you have to build it up first. The same is for roids now I know I am too young to use but it's a decision I have made. With six years of training I went from a 14 kid benching a max of 135lbs at the end of the 9th grade. To now almost 20 years old benching a max of 320lbs all natural. I believe I have good genetics and steroids will boost me to the next level. I know the risks and I am prepared to handle them as they come along.

Derek

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Damn Major, first time is warning. If it's used again the offender owes Major 3 bottles of eq, 2 bottles of test, and 200 tabs of d-bol. Thidr offense requires a 6 month supply of growth.

We are the Gestapo! Do not take this warning lightly.

chinups Guest
    Its kinda like have a motor in a row boat race don't ya think? FYI- I am in the middle of my first cycle.

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    Originally posted by Derek19yrs
    Hey,
    This is what I think of roids. You have to picture it like your body is a car engine and roids are nitrous. You can't bolt on a nitrous kit on a stock motor you have to build it up first. The same is for roids now I know I am too young to use but it's a decision I have made. With six years of training I went from a 14 kid benching a max of 135lbs at the end of the 9th grade. To now almost 20 years old benching a max of 320lbs all natural. I believe I have good genetics and steroids will boost me to the next level. I know the risks and I am prepared to handle them as they come along.

Derek
    good call...and i like that analogy

Thread Information