• 1 Post By Rida5d
  • 1 Post By Rida5d
  • 1 Post By Rida5d
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By clarky.
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By jimmyinkedup

Thread: After PCT, Test Levels Still Low, Did I Crash my Nuts?

Terax is offline Junior Member

After PCT, Test Levels Still Low, Did I Crash my Nuts?

Hi all,

I'm 45, 5'9" & weigh 210 pounds. On my 2nd cycle, I did 400mg a week of a Test blend for 12 weeks. My last shot was 8 weeks ago. My PCT was...

Clomid - 100mg 3 days. 50 mg 1st week & 2nd weeks, 25 mg 3rd & 4th week.

Nolva - 20 mg 1st & 2nd week, 10 mg 3rd & 4th week.

I had my levels tested & my Total Testosterone was 342 (scale was 348 - 1197). A friend said that's the test level of a 70 year old man. My doc She doesn't know I've used aas & wants to refer me to an endocrinologist. The question is, did I crash my system or is this a normal test level 4 weeks after PCT?

Thanks

Rida5d is offline Member
    Ur serms dosage seems little bit low.. May be it's that

Do u know ur pre cycle readings?
    NACH3 and Terax like this.

I had my levels checked in 3-13 before I had ever run a cycle & the only thing my doc told was my levels were normal. I called to get the actual number & it was 375. So it appears I had really low test levels for my age to begin with. No wonder I had a really tough time putting on muscle.

Rida5d is offline Member
    Sorry man .. Bad news .. Well there is always hope: TRT
    That's if there is no way to bring ur T up
    Terax likes this.

As I understand it, the main reason to go off cycle is to get your balls to start producing test again because if they're off for a long period, they may never start back up. That's a scary thought to go on TRT long term & have my balls shut down forever. But damn, I'm staying beat up & hurt trying to maintain the gains I got on cycle.
    Last edited by Terax; 11-24-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Rida5d is offline Member
    Hcg
    Terax likes this.

That's something I asked about when I acquired my Clo & Nolva but I couldn't get it. Guess I'll take that up with my new endocrinologist. Lol Thanks for your replies.

Rida5d is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terax View Post
    That's something I asked about when I acquired my Clo & Nolva but I couldn't get it. Guess I'll take that up with my new endocrinologist. Lol Thanks for your replies.

On cycle or on trt , if u want ur balls at a good size : hcg
    Terax likes this.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    It's only been 8 weeks since your last shot. Recovery can take a long time. And by the way, your test levels aren't outside of the normal range.
    Terax likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Hi all,

I'm 45, 5'9" & weigh 210 pounds. On my 2nd cycle, I did 400mg a week of a Test blend for 12 weeks. My last shot was 8 weeks ago. My PCT was...

Clomid - 100mg 3 days. 50 mg 1st week & 2nd weeks, 25 mg 3rd & 4th week.

Nolva - 20 mg 1st & 2nd week, 10 mg 3rd & 4th week.

I had my levels tested & my Total Testosterone was 342 (scale was 348 - 1197). A friend said that's the test level of a 70 year old man. My doc She doesn't know I've used aas & wants to refer me to an endocrinologist. The question is, did I crash my system or is this a normal test level 4 weeks after PCT?

Thanks
    Your pct was a bit crap terax tbh you should have done
    Clomid 75,50,50,50
    Nolva 40,20,20,20
    Hcg should have been used on cycle 250iu's 2x wk but you did say you could not get it so with the not so good pct and no hcg on cycle you never really gave yourself a good chance of recovery.

Your test was a blend so what esters was in there ? And when did you start you pct after your last pin ?
    Your test is just below range have you any pre cycle bloods to compare with ?
    And is this all you got tested total test ?
    Terax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    It's only been 8 weeks since your last shot. Recovery can take a long time. And by the way, your test levels aren't outside of the normal range.
    Can you explain that? I've looked at a dozen charts & the majority say that a guy my age should average around 600.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    With test levels more is not necessarily better. The real question is how do you feel? I know several people who on trt tried to keep their levels around 900. Eventually they crashed and felt like sh*t even though their numbers were good.

The range all depends on who is doing the testing, some are 300 - 1100 is normal. Yours are not off or at least not by much.

What is your current body fat %? Higher the body fat the lower test levels typically. They can also fluctuate day by day. You really need to get a full hormone panel done checking your free test, E2, sensitive E2, THS etc.
    Terax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Your pct was a bit crap terax tbh you should have done
    Clomid 75,50,50,50
    Nolva 40,20,20,20
    Hcg should have been used on cycle 250iu's 2x wk but you did say you could not get it so with the not so good pct and no hcg on cycle you never really gave yourself a good chance of recovery.

Your test was a blend so what esters was in there ? And when did you start you pct after your last pin ?
    Your test is just below range have you any pre cycle bloods to compare with ?
    And is this all you got tested total test ?
    I don't have the bottle anymore, but I believe it was 50% decanoate, 25% enanthate & 25% propionate . I started my PCT 4 weeks after my last stick which means I just finished my PCT. Yeah, I know it's really too soon to have my levels checked, but I was at the doc for something else & took advantage of the opportunity to get it checked. This was only my 2nd cycle & I had my levels checked before I started my 1st cycle & it was 375 (which from what I've read is low for my age). Yes, the doc just did the total test. When I go to the endocrinologist the doc is gonna refer me to, I'm gonna have it all checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    With test levels more is not necessarily better. The real question is how do you feel? I know several people who on trt tried to keep their levels around 900. Eventually they crashed and felt like sh*t even though their numbers were good.

The range all depends on who is doing the testing, some are 300 - 1100 is normal. Yours are not off or at least not by much.

What is your current body fat %? Higher the body fat the lower test levels typically. They can also fluctuate day by day. You really need to get a full hormone panel done checking your free test, E2, sensitive E2, THS etc.
    I definitely don't feel as good as I did on cycle, but I guess that's normal. I do have a LOT more muscle soreness & I injured my should pretty bad last week doing reps on the bench with 275, but there's no way of telling if it was related to going off cycle or if shit just happened.

Looking at a bunch of charts, the majority say that a guy my age should be between 600 - 800 & my level of 342 is normal for a 85 year old man.

I do have some body fat in my gut. My weight was what got me started going to the gym in the 1st place 5 years ago. I weighed close to 270 at the time & dropped my weight to 196. Throughout the weight loss I've never been able to get rid of all of my gut. It's a hell of a lot smaller but still there. I plan on getting the whole workup when I get referred to the endocrinologist.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I definitely don't feel as good as I did on cycle, but I guess that's normal. Yes Normal. I do have a LOT more muscle soreness & I injured my should pretty bad last week doing reps on the bench with 275, but there's no way of telling if it was related to going off cycle or if shit just happened. Happens a LOT

Looking at a bunch of charts, the majority say that a guy my age should be between 600 - 800 & my level of 342 is normal for a 85 year old man.

I do have some body fat in my gut. My weight was what got me started going to the gym in the 1st place 5 years ago. I weighed close to 270 at the time & dropped my weight to 196. Throughout the weight loss I've never been able to get rid of all of my gut. It's a hell of a lot smaller but still there. I plan on getting the whole workup when I get referred to the endocrinologist.
    Getting hurt on cycle is VERY common. Most people cycle before they are really ready, lift to much because they feel stronger but their tendons are not really ready and Rip/tear your injured and set back 1, 2 or 3 years... especially when we are older, more mature. I'm speaking from experience also.

On one of my test panels my test levels show 249 - 836 and on another it is 348 - 1197 so you cant go by what some other place says what is normal and normal for one person is not the same as another. I'm not saying you would not or might not feel better with a little higher levels but 1st you need to find out why it's low. Thyroid? Tumor? Body fat? High E2? Random low level that day? You really need to get at least 3 test and average them out. Also work on the diet and lower body fat a little more will increase your test levels. Also refrain from ejaculation for 2 days prior and get the test done as soon as possible after waking up, it lowers during the day.
    Terax likes this.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    After you see endo Id come back here and post what he suggests. While your blood work is very soon post pct, for me normally my levels are elevated that soon post pct, not lowered. Again see what endo suggests and post it here.
    Terax likes this.

Rida5d is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    for me normally my levels are elevated that soon post pct, not lowered. Again see what endo suggests and post it here.
    Very good point here ..

I'll keep you updated on what the endo says. As I'm getting referred it's a crap shoot on getting a good one. Thanks for the excellent replies guys.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Where are you from terax

Wv, usa

Sergio727 is offline Junior Member
    Cant wait to hear what happens! Goodluck man hope for the best

Ok, time for an update. I finally got in with a urologist, who said my Test level of 342 (8 weeks after PCT) was normal for a 45 year old guy. He said TRT turns the prostate into a breeding ground for cancer & he wouldn't treat anyone unless their levels were in the 100 to 120 range. He said if I wanted, he would run another blood test just to make sure of my levels (yes, please). It's been 3 months since I finished my PCT (see 1st post of topic for PCT details) & I got the blood test results today. My Free Test is 2.8 & Total Test is 113. Yikes, that explains why I've been feeling & lifting like complete shit. My Test level before I did my 1st cycle 2 years ago was 374, so it seems my levels have been on the low end for a while (going by the 348 - 1197 scale), but not this low. The doc is supposed to call me back, but I'm not sure what I want to do. If he wants to put me on TRT for the rest of my life, I don't know if I want to do that. Y'know, shut myself down permanently. Hell, I dunno if I can get HPTA & balls restarted at this point. & here I was looking forward to starting my next cycle in a few weeks. Not so sure now.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    What is your LH and FSH values?

Your doctor is wrong IMO, you should go on the TRT forum here and ask about it, very knowledgeable people there.

Edit: Just noticed you went to a urologist, you need a endo. Urulogists dont care about hormones, they just fix "mechanical" problems
    Last edited by Mr.BB; 01-26-2015 at 01:00 PM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Endo for sure... My ex is one... Lol! But I agree with MrBB as your test levels are way to low and TRT may be your answer... And you'll be more than capable of gettin it up and what not... Even better than b4... It's common for people w/Low T who feel lethargic, no energy, lack of focus, no libido(low), ED, etc to go on TRT/HRT for these very reasons! Look at the HRT section as there are very knowledgable people that will be glad to help guide you! Good Luck OP!

The nurse called me & said my levels are really low, the doc prescribed Clomid & that will get me back to normal. I'm supposed to take 15 mg every other day. I wonder if he's on to me? Lol

Time to find an endo.

Thread Information