I am not sure where this thread needs to be placed so hopefully I am in the right spot. Anyway, my question is relating to the use of steroid alternatives . I have a number of friends that have competitive horses who are drug tested extensively. About 5 years ago, anabolic steroids were taken away with testing based on a zero tolerance. Since then, they have used clenbuterol , zilpaterol, or Ractopamine. Clenbuterol has now moved to a 30 day withdrawal time which makes it difficult to use because most events are on a 7-10 notice. Zilpaterol and Ractopamine are pretty harsh on the system and when taken off, the horse is pretty much done so its use is frowned upon because the horses are valued. Do any of you have experience with alternatives to steroids out there or steroid like chemicals that don't have a similar chemical makeup? Horses do well with traditional substances like creatine, arginine, DHEA, and all stuff human. They respond very similar to humans. I am looking for something that can give a competitive edge either oral or injectable. Let me know your experiences in this area, it is much appreciated.