Munkeybutt is offline New Member

Need help losing Fat, Anavar/Test C cycle

Question about running an Anavar /test c cycle.
    Little Bio before I start
    42 yr old, currently 240 lbs (down from 365), on a TRT program that gives me 140 mg/week of test c, body fat at 25%. My diet and exercise routine are on point but can’t seem to shake the last 20-25 lbs. I have change my diet, altered my exercise, and pretty much prayed to the fat loss gods. (I have been stuck at this plateau for about 8 months now, due to all the variations I have tried to see if I can stimulate the fat loss) I have read a lot of information about Anavar and its fat loss qualities and was thinking of giving an 8 week cycle a try. I pick Anavar due to the lack of side effects. I can’t have my cardio suffer so no Tren , and my joints hurt enough from age so no Winny, thus I figured I would give Anavar a try. I know the muscle gained from Anavar will not stay, but at this juncture I am looking for fat loss.

My cycle would be as follows:
    TRT will be whatever the dosage the clinic gives me plus the HCG and AI.
    Aanvar:
    Week 1 50 mg
    Week 2 75 mg
    Week 3-8 100 mg
    Curious of people’s thoughts on this cycle, should I just go 100 mg right off the bat or increase like I have planned.

Thanks for all the input.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not really sure an anavar cycle with trt is going to get rid off that last 20 lbs. without seeing what your actual diet looks like it's hard to fine tune it for you. Most guys rely on thermogenics or thyroid meds no melt off the last few pounds of fat . Have you considered carb cycling and gave you had your thyroid checked recently?

I have tried carb cycling, keto, IF, paleo etc....Currently I am doing a mixture, where I am Paleo following my macros and low carb. I had my thyroid check about a year ago and was good. Might have it checked again. I assume you are talking about clen or cyto for the fat melt?

Quote Originally Posted by Munkeybutt
    I have tried carb cycling, keto, IF, paleo etc....Currently I am doing a mixture, where I am Paleo following my macros and low carb. I had my thyroid check about a year ago and was good. Might have it checked again. I assume you are talking about clen or cyto for the fat melt?
    Yes, I was. Looks like you are doing your homework and I am sure you are getting antsy but I am not sure you are going to be happy post cycle which is where the true results lie. I also think 6 weeks is a short amount of time to meet that goal. Maybe more like 8-10 weeks would be more realistic ..... Obviously less the more fat you lose naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    Yes, I was. Looks like you are doing your homework and I am sure you are getting antsy but I am not sure you are going to be happy post cycle which is where the true results lie. I also think 6 weeks is a short amount of time to meet that goal. Maybe more like 8-10 weeks would be more realistic ..... Obviously less the more fat you lose naturally.
    so any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Munkeybutt
    so any suggestions?
    I can only tell you what I would do..... I would still try to lose a bit more BF even if it meant taking a break from eating at a deficit and maintaining your current weight then hitting it hard again in 6 weeks or so. That would get you through the holidays.... When you start back up again you may suprise yourself and make some great progress. Consider this period an 8 week prime before you cycle.

Saiyajin is offline New Member
    Have you tried increasing the intensity of the cardio? I would speculate that your body has adapted to the cardio you have been doing. If you are doing 30 minutes at 7 mph on a treadmill I would do 30 minutes at 7.5 or add a little incline. Speaking from personal experience, adding more cardio (time) didn't help me to get past my plateau.

mmedina42 is offline New Member
    i would do more HIIT training, great way to shock your body and keep it guessing. I personally liked the fat loss from Var, I also felt like it curbed my appetite as well. I definitely dropped body fat, about 3%, but I also gained 20 lbs of muscle. have you considered clen & t3? also i agree with buster, a 2 month prime before a cycle will definitely push you past your plateau.

Thanks for the info, I did a dexa scan last week and found out I have decreased my BF % by 3% but increased my lean mass by 13 lbs. Which would explain why I wasn't seeing any weight lose on scale, I gained 13 lbs of muscle.

michael30 is offline Member
    Op when i started back lifting again 8-9years ago i weighed an obease 328lbs. Along the way i hit a couple sticking points. My worst one was at 230lbs the best way i found to blast through them was to eat 100% perfect, and adjusting my carb and fat % as needed. Now my next advice some might not agree with. But its the only way i got my body to respond an start dropping fat again was I had to drop to very low calories for 7-14 days at a time all while increasing cardio to 30mins 4 times aday. As i started dropping fat again i would slowly raise my calories back to maintanace and back off on cardio. This worked excellent for me., give it a shot if you like. *note i realized it didnt seem to matter to a great extent what aas i was using. It mattered more on diet, calorie intake, and cardio) hope this helps in some way! You can also look into t3, clen , but if you can go without then do!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeybutt View Post
    Thanks for the info, I did a dexa scan last week and found out I have decreased my BF % by 3% but increased my lean mass by 13 lbs. Which would explain why I wasn't seeing any weight lose on scale, I gained 13 lbs of muscle.
    This is why I always say dont trust the scale. Take pictures at least once a month or every 3-4 weeks. Use the same camera, stand in the same spot and use the same lighting. This is the best way IMO to see changes.

Thread Information