Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Angry ***Canadian Customs Help***

I ordered a 4G fina kit and it got snagged by customs.

In order for them to release it I have to provide the name of the contents and their intended use as well as an invoice from the exporter stating the value and description of the item.

My Visa statement says "361 MEDIA INC" I wonder if that will be enough for them for a receipt? A friend also said to tell them that I'm making a vitamin B supp. That's why there's oil and Benzyl Alcohol.

Any help or suggestions?

sweet is offline Associate Member
    Strange, I have had a kit opened by customs and they released it for delivery, I just had to pay $20 in duty.

Oh ya, Happy Canada day

Quote Originally Posted by sweet
    Strange, I have had a kit opened by customs and they released it for delivery, I just had to pay $20 in duty.

Oh ya, Happy Canada day
    I'm going to start with the Visa statement and then go from there. Hopefully they're just inquiring for a value assessment.

...and a Happy Canada Day to you too!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ***Canadian Customs Help***-canadaa.gif  

Big_BoneZ is offline Associate Member
    HAPPY CANADA DAY.....

but fuck Canadian Customs

anyways Customs wants the ingredient list as to what the product is. My company faxed them a paper stating its Pet supplement @ $4.50 each, and they let it go. Contact your source and ask him to fax a paper saying some shit like that...

Mine was help for a week, but they wont hold it, they will let it through. Good luck

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I would tell them there is nothing illegal in there so bow ur fuking headz. fuk Canadian Customs!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    I would tell them there is nothing illegal in there so bow ur fuking headz. fuk Canadian Customs!!!!
    I'm not sure if that method would be best.

Any other opinions out there?

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    wow an all canucks thread ! well since fina is used for vet purposes find out how it is used for like animals and say thats wut ur using it for. actually, i wouldnt do this but u get the idea ! good luck in getiing ur package back.

Quote Originally Posted by gundam675
    wow an all canucks thread ! well since fina is used for vet purposes find out how it is used for like animals and say thats wut ur using it for. actually, i wouldnt do this but u get the idea ! good luck in getiing ur package back.
    I already have my fina...it's the fina kit that got snagged.

Tell them exactly what it is... oil and alcohol to be used as an aromatherapy kit to extract the oils from flowers and herbs

Red

Big_BoneZ is offline Associate Member
    fina KIT... thats really RETARDED... tell em its for research purposes... mine was completely checked by customs as it came via US air mail

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Tell them exactly what it is... oil and alcohol to be used as an aromatherapy kit to extract the oils from flowers and herbs

Red
    Aromtherapy...I would be laughing if I said that to them.

I think I'm going to say that it's oil and BA and I'm using it for research purposes.

It's the damn invoice now. I don't have one...except for my Visa which uses 361 Media but on the parcel it says RK.

Got Gear? is offline Member
    Exact same thing happened to me.

I faxed them the info, and then followed up with a voicemail a few days later. Never heard back from them, never got my kit.. just re-ordered.

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    There is nothing illegal about it, so there is nothing they can do? In fact they are currently breaking the law. You don't need to provide any explanation there is no law that says you need to explain yourself for something that is legal. Ask for your kit. They have to give it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by rxarms
    There is nothing illegal about it, so there is nothing they can do? In fact they are currently breaking the law. You don't need to provide any explanation there is no law that says you need to explain yourself for something that is legal. Ask for your kit. They have to give it to you.
    It's not that easy. How do they know what the liquids are. If they wanted to be a-holes they would send it away for testing before giving it back to me...therefore ruining the kit. IMO I'm totally powerless and have to follow their procedures.

Guys I would love to hear how I could explain my "research purposes" in case I'm asked.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I agree with rxarms. I would tell them...either you prove it's illegal, or send me a letter that it was seized so i can hurry up and get this to court to rape ur asses and then sue. And i would use those words too. It's not upto you to prove it's legal, it's upto them to prove it's illegal. This is about principles now. I live close to the airport and i bug customs about shit all the time.I'll run this by them tomorrow.

I live close to the airport and i bug customs about shit all the time.I'll run this by them tomorrow.
    Please do. See what those douche bags have to say.

I just got off the phone with customs. Here's scoop...first and fore most the bottles are unlabeled and secondly benzyl alcohol is considered a dangerous good and it cannot be shipped into Canada through Canada Post's planes. I thought it was sent by ground but all of Calgary's mail comes on a plane. I could buy a kit in the states and carry in back to Canada but for safety reasons it cannot be shipped. She said that the bottles have to be labeled and Fedex would be the only company that would allow it to go through. She said she has been snagging these kits left, right, and centre. Long and short is...my kit is gone. She wants the email address of the sender to inform them of the customs and then they will send back the kit (or most of it). Hopefully I can get it resent through Fedex and RK can label the bottles. Hopefully other people won't loose their money if I help them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I just got off the phone with customs. Here's scoop...first and fore most the bottles are unlabeled and secondly benzyl alcohol is considered a dangerous good and it cannot be shipped into Canada through Canada Post's planes. I thought it was sent by ground but all of Calgary's mail comes on a plane. I could buy a kit in the states and carry in back to Canada but for safety reasons it cannot be shipped. She said that the bottles have to be labeled and Fedex would be the only company that would allow it to go through. She said she has been snagging these kits left, right, and centre. Long and short is...my kit is gone. She wants the email address of the sender to inform them of the customs and then they will send back the kit (or most of it). Hopefully I can get it resent through Fedex and RK can label the bottles. Hopefully other people won't loose their money if I help them out.
    Money Boss, I am no lawyer, but have enough experience with them. Customs operates on a strict set of rules of what they can or cannot do. I would do what the other bros said. Ask for a letter from the department head explaining the infraction. Again, YOU DO NOT NEED TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF. They took what is yours and you want a letter explaing WHY? Thats it. In other words, the letter may say according to custom rules and regulation 14532.1 unlabeled liquids are to be seized. If they are acting to a specific rule then there is nothing you can do. I have the feeling they are seizing it because they know what it is used for and are trying to come up with extra justifaction, like the BA, to keep your shit at this point. It is like ordering hydroponics for growing weed. They know it is for weed, but what can they do, until they catch you growing it.

Money Boss, I am no lawyer, but have enough experience with them. Customs operates on a strict set of rules of what they can or cannot do. I would do what the other bros said. Ask for a letter from the department head explaining the infraction. Again, YOU DO NOT NEED TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF. They took what is yours and you want a letter explaing WHY? Thats it. In other words, the letter may say according to custom rules and regulation 14532.1 unlabeled liquids are to be seized. If they are acting to a specific rule then there is nothing you can do. I have the feeling they are seizing it because they know what it is used for and are trying to come up with extra justifaction, like the BA, to keep your shit at this point. It is like ordering hydroponics for growing weed. They know it is for weed, but what can they do, until they catch you growing it.
    They are not seizing it based on knowing what it will be used for. They first seized it for unlabeled bottles. For all they know it could be liquid explosives. I contacted them and explained the contents...they then informed me that BA is on their dangerous goods list and it will be forfeited. So I replied "Then send me the rest of the kit." Since it was unlabeled the kit will not forwarded on. Most likely the kit will be returned to the sender (possibly without the BA). Hopefully RK and I can work something out if it is returned.

I will however ask them for a letter explaining their actions after I informed them on the contents of the bottles. I'll say my lawyer wants proof.

bumdart420 is offline Associate Member
    They are not seizing it based on knowing what it will be used for. They first seized it for unlabeled bottles. For all they know it could be liquid explosives. I contacted them and explained the contents...they then informed me that BA is on their dangerous goods list and it will be forfeited. So I replied "Then send me the rest of the kit." Since it was unlabeled the kit will not forwarded on. Most likely the kit will be returned to the sender (possibly without the BA). Hopefully RK and I can work something out if it is returned.

I will however ask them for a letter explaining their actions after I informed them on the contents of the bottles. I'll say my lawyer wants proof.
    I think it sounds totally reasonable on their part to hold the contents of the unmarked liquids. Its a dangerous good, they cant just let it go anyway cause you say its safe. You can thank the good ol united states for getting everyones ass sucked up and in. They (customs) are just protecting their ass, makes sense.

Next time always use Fed ex. They are by far the BEST courier servive around. If the item is shipped priorty mail, it exchanges hands so fast that no one has the time to fuck around with checking shit out. Do not use anyone else, especially Purolator as they are probably the most uptight bunch of asswipes on the planet! hope this helped a bit.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I never ship via ups or fed ex. They have some kinda border crossing fees. I bought some shoes off ebay for 25 bux and they shipped them ups. The ups guy wanted 41 bux for a crossing fee on top of the 15 dollar shipping!! I ship everything via USPS now. money boss, customs here said the same thing about the BA.

money boss, customs here said the same thing about the BA.
    Ya I guess they're even snagging certain types of perfume that contain BA.

You would think we're living in the f'ing Soviet Union...but what can you do. Better safe than sorry.

Yup; just some bad luck this time around I guess. One thing I might add incase you order real gear next time. I could be wrong, but you may be placed on a data base. I know people who ordered hydropronics, seeds, lights all that shit for growing weed had their name and address placed on a DEA data base. Just ordering High Times will get you flagged. Probably nothing to worry about now, but just be careful when you order any goodies.

Yup; just some bad luck this time around I guess. One thing I might add incase you order real gear next time. I could be wrong, but you may be placed on a data base. I know people who ordered hydropronics, seeds, lights all that shit for growing weed had their name and address placed on a DEA data base. Just ordering High Times will get you flagged. Probably nothing to worry about now, but just be careful when you order any goodies.

ppff! High Times....hardly worth wiping your ass with, let alone getting your name written up by the dea.

Quote Originally Posted by bumdart420
    ppff! High Times....hardly worth wiping your ass with, let alone getting your name written up by the dea.
    Thank God for the BC grow ops huh bumdart.

Thank God for the BC grow ops huh bumdart.

What...is..this...grow up..thing you speak of? lol ohh........actually its gettin pretty ridiculous around here.

Thread Information