Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By iEKOS
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: What next? Your advice please..

iEKOS is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries

What next? Your advice please..

Hello family.. I need some guidance please.

I think I've hit a brick wall. I'm being brave and posting some photo's. Don't laugh too much:

Weight: 176 pounds / 80 kg
    Height: 5,5
    Workout: 5-6 days a week for estimated 1hr intense (bulking now).
    Gym since: 10 months.
    Body Fat: 20%
    Diet: I'd say I'm eating well. I don't eat crap hence the weight loss. Good and regular food.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140115_014019.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	504.8 KB 
ID:	154343

Name:	20140417_001418_6.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	415.0 KB 
ID:	154344

Name:	20140523_104005_13.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	447.7 KB 
ID:	154345

Name:	20141007_165702.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	873.9 KB 
ID:	154346

Yes, in the last 10 months I've pushed myself and lost the weight but I'm not done, however, I'm in pain quite allot. Joint pain mostly. I took a 2 week break when I hurt my elbow which helped but still in pain all over. I feel like an old man

I've read lots on Anabolics and Test, and I don't think I'm ready for it just yet, however, I think HGH may help?

Either way, what would you do next? I can't go more intense, I feel my body can't take it no more and its bugging the hell out of me
    Last edited by iEKOS; 12-17-2014 at 09:37 PM.
    cttoasn likes this.

king6 II is offline Senior Member
    Body fat is higher than 20% in my opinion. I would keep on doing what your doing but focus on cutting. Once you get down to 15% body fat take pictures again and we can re-evaluate.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You have a ways to go my friend ....but that's ok. Our diet section can help you really get your diet on track. Spend some time researching the stickies and figure out your tdee and go from there.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Good job on loosing the weight! How much you lost?

In my opinion you should continue cutting, that means diet and more cardio which will not upset more the elbow and wrists.

If it hurts stop lifting, maybe search medical help, but maybe its just over use? Hgh will not help any injury. Maybe tb500, but I wouldnt go there. If you dont have gym experience its normal to push some critical areas like elbows, shoulders and wrists.
    Listen to your body and heal.

Peace!

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Keep up the good work.

What you do next is up to your goals. No matter your next path I would advise:

1. Learn the nutrition section and macros and find what your body likes.
    2. Go do a full blood work as a reference point including hormone panel.
    3. Read up on a Test Only Cycle.

No matter what you choose that will not be wasted money or time.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Good job man. Hope you plan on buzzing some of that hair when you cut up more.
    You just need to fine tune things more-when you were heavier the weight came off easier, now your body is use to the diet your on its going to slow your metabolism down and so will fat loss.
    You got to trick your body and change things up, change training maybe try carb cycle maybe try fasting cardio but most importantly stick with it. Again great progress so far

Badblues is offline New Member
    Killer weight loss results bro!

Blog Entries
    Thank you all for the great advice and support. Really appreciated.

Yes, the simple advice always seems correct. I'm going to reduce the weights a little and start to add more cardio cycles or carb cycle / fasting cardio (i need to investigate what that is lol).
    Maybe revise in 3 month and get to 18% to 15% body fat and I will take more pics. See how I look. I'm just not sure what cardio cycle I will do just yet.
    I will go to the Nutrition section and macros and investigate.
    Full blood work up seems like a good idea.
    I will read up on a test only cycle.
    Yep the hair needs to come off lol.. Not yet though
    I lost 49 pounds / 22 kg since March this year 2014.

Once again, thank you all. This really helps.
    Last edited by iEKOS; 12-18-2014 at 05:07 PM.

DawgHouse is offline Junior Member
    Hey, major congrats on your 50 lbs lost!!!!!

Don't become confused because the pounds arnt dropping as easy as they were, remember one thing that will apply to everything in your life

THE CLOSER YOU ARE TO YOUR GOALS THE HARDER IT BECOMES TO REACH THEM.

With that being said I will offer you some advice because I don't see much usable advice here for you thus far. I think your joint pain may be caused by you lifting heavy because you got strong so fast, if your only 10 months in, you may need to slow down on more weight and replace it with more intensity. So for the next month I would not focus on the weight you use at all. Dont let it mess with your head, I've been lifting 13 years and sometimes youll still catch me curling 20lb dumbells!

1. Do not slow down on the weights, up your cardio but UP THE WEIGHTS as well

2. Lift FAST, high intensity training, take your watch and make rest intervals under 45seconds, even if you must drop weight each set, **** the weight its about your body goals. You'll know youve done something right the first time you leave the gym mid workout to throw up (seriously). Learn how to push your body past what you believed its limits were, which it looks like you are definitely tapping into that potential with all that weight lost already so use that motivation.

3. Before EVERY lift do a 15-20 minute cardio warmup, where you walk at a fast pace for 5 minutes, Run for 5 minutes, walk fast another 5 minutes. Then start your lift.... then do 40 minute cardio sessions on your off days, start with a 8 minute run and 32 minutes of walking, next week 10 minutes running and 30 mins power walking, next week 12 minutes running 28 mins power walking and so on until you are able to run a solid 40 minutes at a time. and I dont mean jogging I mean running. So if you lift 5 days a week you have 5 prelift 15 min cardio sessions and two 40 minute cardio session on off days.

4. As far as diet... I HATE fad diets and I'm also not a huge fan of counting calories personally (although its necessary for some), if you believe that you are eating the "right" foods at this time. Try to add one additional meal while making your other ones half as large. When I am bulking I can bulk eating 3-4 times a day, when I cut I eat 5 times a day, otherwise I am so hungry because of the small portions... after 2 weeks of SOLID discipline it becomes soooo much easier.

5. When lifting, burnout at the end of EVERY workout for a month long. On your last set of each body part, do three additional "to-failure" sets. should stimulate great muscle growth while spending a ton of calories from the pure exhaustion... the goal is to feel like shit when you leave the gym !

if you have any questions please ask, I know I'm all over the place with my explanations but I train people for "transformations" all the time i love seeing this done. At this point I would NOT be considering cycling any AAS until you are down to around 155-160.
    Last edited by DawgHouse; 12-18-2014 at 05:57 PM.

ojm3 is offline Associate Member
    Looking good man great improvement!

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iEKOS View Post
    Thank you all for the great advice and support. Really appreciated.

Yes, the simple advice always seems correct. I'm going to reduce the weights a little and start to add more cardio cycles or carb cycle / fasting cardio (i need to investigate what that is lol).
    Maybe revise in 3 month and get to 18% to 15% body fat and I will take more pics. See how I look. I'm just not sure what cardio cycle I will do just yet.
    I will go to the Nutrition section and macros and investigate.
    Full blood work up seems like a good idea.
    I will read up on a test only cycle.
    Yep the hair needs to come off lol.. Not yet though
    I lost 49 pounds / 22 kg since March this year 2014.

Once again, thank you all. This really helps.
    That's a great attitude to have.....keep up your research and set your goals....many steps to the top of the mountain!
    ojm3 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgHouse View Post
    Hey, major congrats on your 50 lbs lost!!!!!

Don't become confused because the pounds arnt dropping as easy as they were, remember one thing that will apply to everything in your life

THE CLOSER YOU ARE TO YOUR GOALS THE HARDER IT BECOMES TO REACH THEM.

With that being said I will offer you some advice because I don't see much usable advice here for you thus far. I think your joint pain may be caused by you lifting heavy because you got strong so fast, if your only 10 months in, you may need to slow down on more weight and replace it with more intensity. So for the next month I would not focus on the weight you use at all. Dont let it mess with your head, I've been lifting 13 years and sometimes youll still catch me curling 20lb dumbells!

1. Do not slow down on the weights, up your cardio but UP THE WEIGHTS as well

2. Lift FAST, high intensity training, take your watch and make rest intervals under 45seconds, even if you must drop weight each set, **** the weight its about your body goals. You'll know youve done something right the first time you leave the gym mid workout to throw up (seriously). Learn how to push your body past what you believed its limits were, which it looks like you are definitely tapping into that potential with all that weight lost already so use that motivation.

3. Before EVERY lift do a 15-20 minute cardio warmup, where you walk at a fast pace for 5 minutes, Run for 5 minutes, walk fast another 5 minutes. Then start your lift.... then do 40 minute cardio sessions on your off days, start with a 8 minute run and 32 minutes of walking, next week 10 minutes running and 30 mins power walking, next week 12 minutes running 28 mins power walking and so on until you are able to run a solid 40 minutes at a time. and I dont mean jogging I mean running. So if you lift 5 days a week you have 5 prelift 15 min cardio sessions and two 40 minute cardio session on off days.

4. As far as diet... I HATE fad diets and I'm also not a huge fan of counting calories personally (although its necessary for some), if you believe that you are eating the "right" foods at this time. Try to add one additional meal while making your other ones half as large. When I am bulking I can bulk eating 3-4 times a day, when I cut I eat 5 times a day, otherwise I am so hungry because of the small portions... after 2 weeks of SOLID discipline it becomes soooo much easier.

5. When lifting, burnout at the end of EVERY workout for a month long. On your last set of each body part, do three additional "to-failure" sets. should stimulate great muscle growth while spending a ton of calories from the pure exhaustion... the goal is to feel like shit when you leave the gym !

if you have any questions please ask, I know I'm all over the place with my explanations but I train people for "transformations" all the time i love seeing this done. At this point I would NOT be considering cycling any AAS until you are down to around 155-160.
    Apologies for the late reply.

I agree and I'm ready to kick ass.

This might be extreme but I also now have a Vivosmart with a heart rate monitor to ensure I hit my goals.

I shall post back soon.

Thank you.

reporich is offline Associate Member
    You should be very proud! Awesome work..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reporich View Post
    You should be very proud! Awesome work..
    Thanks dude Appreciated

Thread Information