Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Did I just dodge a controlled delivery?

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Did I just dodge a controlled delivery?

I had ordered some powders and they came today. However, my regular mailman delivered earlier today and the guy that came after I've never seen before. He wasn't my regular mailman and was wearing just regular street clothes. I signed for the pkg but when I looked outside in my driveway I noticed he was in an old pickup truck and he was on his cell phone. I ran outside and told him I had no idea what the pkg was and I wanted to send it back. He seemed frustrated with this and asked if I opened the pkg. I told him that I didn't but I that I didn't order anything from China. He looked at the box very closely to see if I opened it and asked if I was certain I wanted to send it back. I confirmed that it wasn't mine and he drove off.

Did I just dodge a bullet? Scared the living shit out of me. Last time I got a pkg from this same place my regular mailman delivered it.

They can't do anything now if it was a controlled delivery right because I gave it back?

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    you werent on the list as I have had two different delivery guys in one day, but now that you refused it they will have it investigated due to being from over seas and you claiming to have no knowledge of it. Now you will prob be on a watch list.

Quote Originally Posted by PEWN View Post
    you werent on the list as I have had two different delivery guys in one day, but now that you refused it they will have it investigated due to being from over seas and you claiming to have no knowledge of it. Now you will prob be on a watch list.
    Luckily I don't need to order anything in the near future.

What do they do when you refuse a pkg? Will they open it? Or, do they just send it back to the original location?

Blog Entries
    not sure exactly but if you acted concerned and nervous they could report it and have it seized for observation I would imagine due to other cantonments it could have. Or they just toss it. Doubt they will return to sender.

I'm shitting my pants right now. But, if I sent it back they can't really do anything can they? I didn't act nervous I just said I had no idea what it was and didn't want it.

Blog Entries
    naw you refused it... so you are in the clear. What i was saying is if they did find something in your research chemicals to be a banned substance your address will probably just be flagged. So have it sent some where else.

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wouldn't they arrest you as soon as you accept it? Why would they let you go back into the house and close the door? Sounds like you just gave your raws away lol.

I think you need to open it first.

Swoleroid is offline Junior Member
    This is why I use P.O Box's instead.

If it was my regular mail carrier I wouldn't have hesitated as I've done before. The guy was in plain clothes and he was in a small pick up truck that said nothing about the post office. When I went out to his truck there were no other packages in it. Too many variables but something didn't feel right. I'm out my Raws which sucks ass but I'm not getting arrested.
    Badblues likes this.

swolehead is offline Member
    is a p.o box safer I plan on doing this not trying to hijack the thread but ya man that sounds wicked sketchy to me and either way wat u did was definatly the safest way to go about it

system admin is offline Owner
    If you take control of the package, you can be arrested. If you refuse or never touch it, you are fine. Also, if it is left in the mailbox and you take it out, you can be in possession, but that usually would only happen if someone was watching and waiting for you to take it out. I have not heard of anyone being arrested when taking it out of the mailbox though, but that means nothing because I simply do not pay much attention to that.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RigPig View Post
    Wouldn't they arrest you as soon as you accept it? Why would they let you go back into the house and close the door? Sounds like you just gave your raws away lol.
    This is what I am thinking I hate to say.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    I hope you're right. Hate to lose my gear but rather safe than sorry

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup

I have been across many boards of all type of controlled substances. This does not seem the case, it seems they pull it like a search warrant and raid your house after a certain period of time after the drop has been made.

If lets say you just sign for it, there is still "wiggle" room to BS your way out of it.

So, this sounds very very suspicious & IMO you dodged a bullet so close, it grazed your ear hair.

Good to hear - I have no idea wtf is what, cool shit man. Go buy a powerball ticket.

Nobuddy is offline Junior Member
    They do like you to open them. It is not just a matter of whether or not you are in possession it is about building the right case and part of that is destroying your "plausible deniability". They actually use oxygen sensors that tend a signal when the box is opened just for this reason. Keep in mind I am talking about cases involving "contraband" of greater "stigma" than AAS.

That said, I have been an independent contractor for USPS and NO it is not weird to have a contractor make a second trip to an address because an international showed up after the normal carrier left. Nor is it weird for a carrier to come BACK, especially around this season when volume is high.

Honestly I think you created more issues by not accepting it as it will (as others have said) be opened now and raws are worse than oil. Think about it - first of all a bag of powder is gonna throw buku red flags and even after they figure out what it is, a home brewer is gonna look more like a retailer than a personal use situation. I seriously doubt you have anything to worry about as far as THIS INCIDENT but they probably know the deal now.

Blog Entries
    It's always your judgement call if a deal is going belly up.

I'll burn rubber straight out of a parking lot if I smell a pig.

Last time someone close to me didn't / got fvcked by LE.

It's always your judgement call

But, on a side note - Id never order contraband to that address again.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It was a different guy because they used a subcontractor or someone to deliver it, since it came in once the USPS truck left the post office in the morning. You just returned it for no reason.

michael30 is offline Member
    Op in my opinion no one has given you the correct asnswer yet. This time of year certain mail delivery companies(fedx ups etc) use contractors to help deliver packages. The driver there personal vehicles and normally wear plain cloths. You can google it. Last year in my town the was a huge controversy because the sub contractors were throwing packages from there vehicles to peoples front doors and destroying property. If i had to bet this is what you incountered. This also explains why he came after your mailman. Because he did not work for the usps. Hope this puts you at ease. Also this also would explain why he got frustrated. Because now he has to figure out where its suppose to go and if the address was wrong.

Thanks alot bonaparte you couldnt of waited 5 more mins to post so i could of been right first!!! Geez!

Nobuddy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michael30 View Post
    Thanks alot bonaparte you couldnt of waited 5 more mins to post so i could of been right first!!! Geez!
    Reread, holmes! Beat ya both to the punch, I said I WAS a USPS contractor. Maybe I neglected to mentioned that I drove my own car and wore wtf I wanted, but I kinda thought it went without saying.

Op you can still easily get it back. They hold packages for 10-15 days before they return to sender. Just say you forgot you ordered it. Or that your wife or roommate did. Or if your concerned just let it go back. But if it goes back i doubt you can get it resent. Because most senders use fake return address.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobuddy View Post
    Reread, holmes! Beat ya both to the punch, I said I WAS a USPS contractor. Maybe I neglected to mentioned that I drove my own car and wore wtf I wanted, but I kinda thought it went without saying.
    To be honest i read the response post pretty quick so i missed yours. So i guess you and bonaparte both should have waited to let me be right first:-) i agree with you though. It most likely was a sub contractor. If it was me id just go get it. But thats me.

Blog Entries
    Not around here - but, every area is diff

Where I used to live it was only contractors who delivered for usps

But, where I live now - never. I know the PO personnel and know how it functions.

Like I said, your call

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Pistol didn't I allready say you need to catch a break

boneyhardbody is offline Junior Member
    Lol cmon man I may not no a lot about roids and eating but your too paranoid chill out

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by derekkpapa1
    Pistol didn't I allready say you need to catch a break
    Going by his recent luck, it was def LE

Lol < kinda

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Going by his recent luck, it was def LE

Lol < kinda
    I got a really weird vibe and so did my wife. She said something was wrong with that delivery. His pick up truck even had a Militay Police sticker on it which made me feel better about returning it. I'm prob paranoid and over reacting but with my recent luck I can't risk everything

Will the package be opened or just destroyed or sent back to China? I prob. jumped the gun and I'm ok with that.

davesah1 is offline Member
    must have been a nice LE agent, because signature is all they need to slam you, provided that when they arrest afterward they confirm your ID. Signing for something is all they need for "possession".

poppz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    If it was my regular mail carrier I wouldn't have hesitated as I've done before. The guy was in plain clothes and he was in a small pick up truck that said nothing about the post office. When I went out to his truck there were no other packages in it. Too many variables but something didn't feel right. I'm out my Raws which sucks ass but I'm not getting arrested.
    Orders to be signed comes from a different post man.but the regular truck?? Unless its done like that there.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I work in this industry and due to the amount of volume usps, ups, fed ex are all at Max capacity and they are just trying to get the stuff delivered ........as Bonaparte stated: you just gave your stuff back for nothing.

I got a really weird vibe and so did my wife. She said something was wrong with that delivery. His pick up truck even had a Militay Police sticker on it which made me feel better about returning it. I'm prob paranoid and over reacting but with my recent luck I can't risk everything
    Well i say always go with your gut. But that being said think about it just for a second. If it was a sting they would not use a vehicle with any distinguishing stickers of any kind on it. If it was me personally i would go get it if it was alot of money. If its afew hundred dollars just let it go. Also they will not open it. They will just return to sender. And if return address is fake then it will eventually be opened and/or destroyed. I think your in the clear brother. Dont feel bad i did something similar when i started. I got a letter in my p.o box saying i needed to pick up my package at the front office. I paniced and never got it. Lol come to find out it just didnt fit in my p.o.box.

Cody95 is offline Member
    I had ordered some powders and they came today. However, my regular mailman delivered earlier today and the guy that came after I've never seen before. He wasn't my regular mailman and was wearing just regular street clothes. I signed for the pkg but when I looked outside in my driveway I noticed he was in an old pickup truck and he was on his cell phone. I ran outside and told him I had no idea what the pkg was and I wanted to send it back. He seemed frustrated with this and asked if I opened the pkg. I told him that I didn't but I that I didn't order anything from China. He looked at the box very closely to see if I opened it and asked if I was certain I wanted to send it back. I confirmed that it wasn't mine and he drove off.

Did I just dodge a bullet? Scared the living shit out of me. Last time I got a pkg from this same place my regular mailman delivered it.

They can't do anything now if it was a controlled delivery right because I gave it back?
    Looks like you made the right choice, even if you did lose your powders. Better to be safe then sorry, especially in that kinda situation.
    PistolPete33 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    I work in this industry and due to the amount of volume usps, ups, fed ex are all at Max capacity and they are just trying to get the stuff delivered ........as Bonaparte stated: you just gave your stuff back for nothing.
    There's no way you can call that factual info in "all" cases - like I said, in my area - that's not happening 100%

Could it have been a contractor? Sure / but, it's always your judgement call

When I have this type of shit shipped, me, the shipper & shipping method are close

If smell BS anywhere, I will let the delivery go. A few hundred to even a thousand dollars is nothing compared to a possession charge - along with others that will be tacked on by our rat bastard good for near nothing LE.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    It was a different guy because they used a subcontractor or someone to deliver it, since it came in once the USPS truck left the post office in the morning. You just returned it for no reason.
    Agreed. ...when I order my hcg and cilais from overseas pharm. Gets delivered to door and signature req. ...always a different guy then my normal driver.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post

There's no way you can call that factual info in "all" cases - like I said, in my area - that's not happening 100%

Could it have been a contractor? Sure / but, it's always your judgement call

When I have this type of shit shipped, me, the shipper & shipping method are close

If smell BS anywhere, I will let the delivery go. A few hundred to even a thousand dollars is nothing compared to a possession charge - along with others that will be tacked on by our rat bastard good for near nothing LE.
    My point is the time of year. With all of the free shipping these places are at Max capacity. I have been in this industry for 25 years and I can't believe the amount of work. Not saying that you should let your guard down and you should go with your gut. But.....as an insider I will bet you a spicy egg nog it was a legit delivery....btw, have a good Christmas

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    Money comes and money goes man. Your freedom is #1. Just think of how much money you could of potentially saved yourself on attorney fees!

I am a big big believer of following instincts. More than once I have ignored my instincts and ended up in jail! I used to live a bit of a "fast" life as a kid
    lovbyts likes this.

kapper is offline Associate Member
    Wow there is some paranoid people in this thread, dont order stuff like this if your scared of the repercussions!!!!! God its not like u had a commercial quantity of something, personal use slap on wrist life goes on! Your in the wrong game if you get paranoid about one package and some plain clothes hahahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information