Please explain...pin size question

I have read numerous places that the slower and smaller pin you use the less discomfort there should be. Well I am doing ed fina shots and I get a lot more discomfort using 25g pins and shooting slow. When I use a 23g pin and go a little faster, I don't even know I just did a shot 1 minute later.

Can anyone explain to me why?

platinum is offline Associate Member
    No idea why. I shoot fina EOD w/a 25 guage. Sometimes I can't feel the shot at all later, sometimes I can. It's different every time

I never get pain later, its always right after the inject. And normally only for about an hour. No pain, just discomfort.

Like a knot in the inject site.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    With ed injections you want to go with the higher gage to cut down on scare tissue buid up. You may need to practice injecting because you're going slower and you may be moving the needle around a little more. Also make sure you rotate the sites and don't hit them more than twice a week. Once a week would be better.

Besides, slower is always better... though in some people it may cause a little more discomfort having the pin stuck in them for 1-2 minutes. In the long run, it reduces the chances of nasty complications like an abcess.

One of the fine bros here mentionned a few threads ago that in hospitals nurses almost always use larger gauge (23, 22) needles and inject rather quickly. I guess thats fine for occasional injections in a patient performed by an overworked nurse who is often in a hurry, but when you self inject you have plenty of time, and doing ED shots with a 22ga would cause some serious scar tissue.

Red

dovecand2 is offline New Member

Man be a soldier!!

dunno but i prefer the fast to the slow and the pain thats why i use a 12 gauge horse needle from the horse supply store

haha jk

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Go with what works for you but like Mudman said watch for scar tissue build up it is a bitch.

Originally posted by TheMudMan
    With ed injections you want to go with the higher gage to cut down on scare tissue buid up. You may need to practice injecting because you're going slower and you may be moving the needle around a little more. Also make sure you rotate the sites and don't hit them more than twice a week. Once a week would be better.
    When I use the 25 gauge, the discomfort starts when I am injectiong it. I actually have to stop 2 or 3 times during the shoot because I get discomfort.....like I am going to fast. BUT, with the 23 gauge I can shoot steady pace and have no discomfort at all during or after the injection.

Oh ya, and I rotate between 8 different sites. Thighs, glutes, chest and delts.

How do I look for scar tissue build up and why is it a bitch? Does it go away?

Originally posted by Vibrantred94gt

When I use the 25 gauge, the discomfort starts when I am injectiong it.
    Ahhh thats simple hydraulics

syringe piston size vs. pin size... for the same pressure applied to the plunger, the smaller the pin, the higher the pressure of the fluid coming out. If the pressure is too high, it will definetly cause discomfort to the muscle.

I also have to inject a LOT slower with a 25ga than a 23ga. Just take your time bro.

As for scar tissue, you're stuck with it, and you find it by sticking the pin in and it feels like you hit a brick wall.

Red

Originally posted by Red Ketchup

Ahhh thats simple hydraulics

syringe piston size vs. pin size... for the same pressure applied to the plunger, the smaller the pin, the higher the pressure of the fluid coming out. If the pressure is too high, it will definetly cause discomfort to the muscle.

This is exactly what I felt, but could not for the life of me put it in words. So I hsould still use the smaller pin. Ok.

Thread Information