pumpseeker is offline Senior Member

116/67= My Blood Pressure

I am aware this is below normal. Is that bad?
    Last edited by pumpseeker; 06-16-2003 at 09:06 AM.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    If I am correct, its not that low. I mean its lower than the optimal blood pressure but just check with your doctor on what you can do to bring it up.

JasonNew-b is offline Associate Member
    In my house, with my wife and my kids...and my dog
    I think you're pretty close to normal; maybe a little low? I had my bp taken this weekend and I was something like 128\66? I asked the doc if that was OK and he said it was lower than some but it was good.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    U sure ur alive bro...

OG

Blood Pressure (systolic over diastolic, read, "120 over 80"
    Systolic Pressure (when heart is beating):

120 or less - normal systolic blood pressure
    121 to 139 - high normal
    140 or higher - high blood pressure, may indicate need for treatment
    Diastolic Pressure (when heart is at rest):

80 or less - normal diastolic blood pressure
    81 to 89 - high normal diastolic blood pressure
    90 or higher - high diastolic blood pressure; may indicate need for treatment

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    How did you have it taken? Machine or individual? Was it taken in both arms?

It's nothing to be concerned about Pump..Keep an eye on it and if you start feeling faint or dizzy, then get it checked out by a professional. Let us know the answer to those questions I asked.

Doc M

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    my normal bp is ~100/60 with a resting heart rate of 60-65...it's all good bro

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    That is fine. They actually just dropped the pressure for normal. 120/80 used to be considered fine, now they consider it border line. Got mine check 2 weeks ago at the doctors office 110/70 which is great.

darmadoc is offline Member
    There is really no such thing as blood pressure which is "too low". In fact, the medical literature would suggest that the lower your blood pressure is, the less your chance of stroke and heart disease. So as long as you feel OK, the lower the better.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    My blood pressure will be higher than that two years after I die.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Your fine

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Hows 150/90? thats what my reading was last thursday and the doc said it was fine but that was after i told her about the juice, which she proceded to give me the stink eye over, ignorant bitch just wanted me out of there after pretty much saying im a junky............Hitman

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    pumpseeker - I have a relatively low blood pressure (and cholesterol) too. About at your figures. So far androgens have had little effect on it as well. I doubt you have anything to worry about. IMO - you are in good overall shape.

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    Warrior... Do you know if there is a target blood pressure rate or range to particular androgens... comparatively to the androgen scale or rating...?
    You know how say Tren Ace on one end of the spectrum and then Enanthate on the other may have an average effect on users blood pressure in terms of increased range…

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    mmaximus25 - from my understanding it is estrogen that combats the cholesterol raise from AAS. That is why I always say to use just enough anti-e's to get the job done (I have used Prop at 50mg ED with no anti-e's and had normal B/P values - but did have noticeable water retention)... to minimize bloat and what not.

As far as very androgenic gear that does not aromatize to estrogen in the first place, like trenbolone - from personal experience it had little effect on B/P. So it is difficult to draw a conclusion. Perhaps progesterone helps in this case, similar to how estrogen works. But an estrogen balance with high testosterone levels helps to keep general health related sides down by maintaining some kind of normal homeostatis at a time when you are abnormal... ya dig? It seems estrogen/progesterone has some benefits (to include keeping normal B/P levels) and should not be blocked all together - but deffinity controlled.

Yeah... I definitely say lets some estrogen keep the hormone homeostasis in check... Anti-e's are a must... but that does raise question to over doing it with anti-aromo's like L-dex... I doubt any experienced bro goes over board with dose but I wonder if a higher AAS BP could be the result from not allowing your estro to balance your T level... Our body's natural homeostasis reaction....
    Thx for the down load....

demetri is offline Member

Re: 116/67= My Blood Pressure

Originally posted by pumpseeker
    Below normal and low? Yes. Is it bad? No. Mine typically is around 121/65 which resluts in a wow from the nurse. The highest my blood pressure measured was 145/65. This was during a phsycal last winter where I thought I was getting the old prostate probe, I was so tense, my legs were clenched together, which is why my systolic pressure was so high.

The second number is the one to really worry about. The first number is your blood pressure while your heart is beating and the second number is your blood pressure when your heart isn't beating.

d

ceps is offline Junior Member

Re: 116/67= My Blood Pressure

You're good.

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member
    That's a great BP 120/80 is the Norm. With you being in great shape the BP will be lower as well as your HR. No worries!

AtomicWedgie is offline New Member
    Just my 2cents, I've been checking my BP every few days, and it hasn't changed since 4 weeks into my program. My BP has ALWAYS been on the low side,and Im a middle aged male. 114/60 is a normal BP for me. Every now and then when I'm at the Doc's office I will mention my concern to him, this ,even before an interest in AS, he ddin't have any concerns with my lower then "normal" BP.

I will say that in all, I find myself to be a very relaxed person, I don't have much crap going on my life and don't let the little things worry me. I try not to worry about the things I have no control over. Hypertension?? I thing not!!!!

Dirk D. is offline Junior Member
    General Rule; 100 plus your age (100 + 30= 130) for diastolic top number and should be no higher than 140. Bottom number should not go over 100. Typical bp for someone in good shape is 120/70

fitsimmons is offline New Member
    115/60 is about ideal from most of my resources.
    ... mine is 147-157 / 60-77

w/ only winstrol

i'll be dead in a few years

Originally posted by Doc M
    How did you have it taken? Machine or individual? Was it taken in both arms?

It's nothing to be concerned about Pump..Keep an eye on it and if you start feeling faint or dizzy, then get it checked out by a professional. Let us know the answer to those questions I asked.

Doc M
    Doc-I had it taken at the CVS pharmacy using that free machine there. I'm too cheap to buy one myself. Anyway, I only did one arm.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor

Doc-I had it taken at the CVS pharmacy using that free machine there. I'm too cheap to buy one myself. Anyway, I only did one arm.
    That is one of the most innacurate tests out there...although you are a fit guy, and I don't see reason for you to be concerned, you might wish to get it checked by a doctor if its of concern to you.

I didn't realize how inaccurate these were. I'll get it checked by a doc soon. Actually, my dad's a doc. I had him take my BP right after I ran my 1st cycle last fall and luckily, it was normal. I'm assuming it's fine now but my face and neck are always red. I'll probably wait until a few weeks post to have him do it this time. Wouldn't want to raise any red flags with him.

btw, thanks everyone for posting on here and helping... I can always count on my AR bros!

Other than being inaccurate.... Can't you get a bad reading becasue the stap size only goes up to 15" bi's?

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    mmaximus..Yes, the machines found in many pharmacies are for a maximum arm size and anything above that can have a dramatic effect on the reading it provides. These machines are generally inaccurate anyway so if anyone is having a possible issue with their bp, they need to seek out a professional to get an accurate reading.

Doc M

Thread Information