Derek19yrs is offline Junior Member

cardio and training on cycle

Hey,
    I am planning this cycle:
    Week 1-4 D-bol 30mg a day
    Week 1-10 Test Enathate 500mg a week

My question can I still do cardio 5 days a week 30min. a day on the bike or will this slow my gains. My other question is how intense can I train I do a once a month blitz routine on my back this is what it looks like.

Widegrip lat pull downs
    2x8 165lbs
    2x8 175lbs
    2x6 185lbs
    Seated Row
    2x8 165lbs
    2x8 175lbs
    2x8 185lbs
    One arm row (dumbbells)
    2x8 70lbs
    2x8 80lbs
    2x8 70lbs
    Shoulder shrugs (dumbbells)
    2x20 70lbs
    2x20 60lbs
    2x8 70lbs
    Calf Raises (dumbbells)
    4x20 90lbs
    4x20 body weight

Can I go this intense on my back every week while on cycle or can I go even more intense or do this more then once a week.

Derek

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    1. NO CARDIO ! it will only make then umber of calories u need greater

2. cycle looks good bro ! keep anti-e's on the side for gyno in case and water bloat.

Hey,
    Actually if you look at my workout I am doing 18 sets of back. I have novla and clomid. So when I bulk no cardio at all. I have a question about cutting cycles. When you cut do you just do cardio and stay away from the weights or do you still need to maintain.

Derek

its not how many sets u do bro, its what u do, lol the excercises u r doing for back are a joke, take peter's advice.

good luck bro !

try this as well

barbell rows
    dumbell rows
    deadlifts
    wide-grip pullups
    hammer strength machine (optional)

oh and derek, ur name is derek19yrs, im assuming u are then 19 years old ? or u have 19 years of training experience, LOL !!!!

BullFX is offline Junior Member
    YEs i think u should do ur cardio... trust me i learned this the hard way, Just dont do it 6x / wk do it like 3, 4x / wk try doin it on days u dont workout, however make sure u take lota calories , but i honestly think cardio should be done year around... it has alota benefits and u wont get fat.. your cycle looks good bro... eat enough food, train hard low reps + heavy + good form , happy growing...

here is a good article by gunter about cardio...

Cardio or Fat-burning Exercise

I call this workout "cardio" even though, strictly speaking, it is more of a fat-burning exercise. Cardiovascular training is performed by elevating your heart rate up to 80% of the maximum heart rate (220 beats per minute, minus your age) and with interval. Fat-burning is at a maximum when you train at 60-70% of your max heart rate.

But even at 60-70% of max heart rate, the benefits go beyond just fat-burning. Your body will build new capillaries (fine small blood vessels that transport oxygen and nutrients to the muscle fibers) and your heart and lungs will work more efficiently. Those benefits are important to optimize muscle growth. Your body will not build up more muscles if your cardiovascular system is unable to supply those muscles with oxygen and nutrients. I don't do cardio only precontest; I do it year-round. Every morning, I do power walking on the treadmill for one hour on an empty stomach. I am proud to say that I have a resting heartrate from 40 beats per minute, which is the resting heart rate a marathon runner would have.

The fact that I do the cardio on an empty stomach is advantageous because my blood-sugar level is very low, which forces my body to use more fat to satisfy its energy needs. But your body needs about 15-20 minutes before it can mobilize stored body fat. During this time, your body needs carbohydrates and BCAA's. Smaller athletes will probably be able to cover this time period with stored muscle glycogen, but tall and/or massive athletes like me should consume a small amount of simple crabohydrates before they do cardio. I like to take a Metaform Heat shake before I go on the treadmill. It provides 21g of protein with BCAA's, 16g of carbohydrates and only 1g of fat. Those nutrients provide my body with energy until the stored body fat is mobilized. This shake also contains some thermogenic substances, which wake me up in the morning and increase my metabolism.

As I draw closer to the competition, I sometimes do as much as two hours of cardio a day. I do the second cardio workout right after the second split-training session. After a weightlifting workout, the body has used up most of the glycogen it had stored, so it has no other choice than to burn stored body fat.

hmm interesting article, but the fact reamins, when juicing u need alot of calories without the cardio to see measurable results. BY DOING CARDIO UR ONLY GONNA INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF CALORIES THAT YOU REQUIRE.

this will only make it worse for u guaranteeded! u will not make as many gains. plus, before u cycle u should cut up anyways otherwise ull build fat ontop of fat ! lol !

Good luck and have fun !

Hey,
    I am sorry I forgot gundam was a pro. I bet you can't do my back workout even when you are on juice. I know I do a lot of sets because it's what works for me now. I used to do shorter sets but you need to mix it up once and awhile to encourage growth you should know that. I think for benching 320lbs naturally at 19 I have some idea of what I am doing.

Derek

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I usually do some cardio even when bulking. Generally I do it 3 days a week to keep my metabolism going. I find it allows me to actually take more calories in and overall I feel better.

I do think you need to include deadlifts in your back workout. It is like working legs without squatting in my opinion. Good luck on your bulking.

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    hmmmm ... good question ... while I'm in the process of bulking up I don't want to get any thicker around the waist!!!!!

3 days a week cardio 30 min a day is all I do now ... seems to me that would be fine since I'm not burning a lot of calories .. but then what the hell do I know?

Re: cardio and training on cycle

Originally posted by Derek19yrs

Widegrip lat pull downs
    2x8 165lbs
    2x8 175lbs
    2x6 185lbs
    Seated Row
    2x8 165lbs
    2x8 175lbs
    2x8 185lbs
    One arm row (dumbbells)
    2x8 70lbs
    2x8 80lbs
    2x8 70lbs
    Shoulder shrugs (dumbbells)
    2x20 70lbs
    2x20 60lbs
    2x8 70lbs

well, lol derek if u want to get mean, to begin with, i can do those weights in my sleep lol !

#2 ur back workout is totally newbie

the only worthwhile thing i see i nthere is dumbell rows. i mean sure it will do something, but i dont thin kti will optimize muscle trauma.

do this

4 sets wide grip pull-ups, come down very slow (widen lats)
    4 sets deadlifts (pyramid them)
    4 sets barbell rows (70 degree angle alternate btw under-hand and overhand grip)
    4 sets dumbeel rows (same as u do it)

and if u want u can work traps on the same day, when i work back, im so tired i cant even move after the dumbell rows. wear a weight belt, i made the mistake of not doing this once and was outta the gym for a week ! hit my lower back bad !

lol yeah the weight u use for back is not bad, but at ur age i couldnt bench 320, i think it was like 275, but i could dumbell row 110 easily and i can do 150 lb - 160 dumbell rows or so now on juice. yeah i was also doing like 110 - 120 shrugs. use straps and lift the heaviest weight for liek 6 - 8 reps, pause at the top and come down SLOW !!!!

pretty much that is it, that is prolly ur best bet lol ! it look like ur bakc is really weak compared to chest. 320 is a nice bench for sure.

anyways good luck ! and keep it up !

btw, cardio is up to you, one way or another u are gonna put some fat on. i think u should just skip the cardio unless u are gonna need ur shirt off all the time. ur abs ( if u have any) are gonna disappear prolly if u eat around 4500 cals ed but after ur cycle u can correct this prob with winny/clen /t3 EASILY ! lol ! have fun !

btw, u said mix it up to encourage growth, that not needed on AAS, ur body wont give a fuck what u do lol ! u are gaining 20x faster than normal, just tear ur muscle, who cares how lol, ur bod y will heal and grow like in 24 hours, u should know that lol !

once again ! Best of luck !

Hey,
    On widegrip I am behind on strength. But on central grip I pull down 220lbs 8 times so my back is moving good.

Derek

Hey,
    BTW I do deadlifts on leg day.

Derek

good! it sounds like u r makign some progress.

well on leg day do u do stiff legged deads or normal deads ?

Thread Information